PAF Future Acquisition Plans

You've just described the situation we had in 2008/09 regarding AWACS to today's problem of lack of options for fifth gen?! We have ZERO fifth gen now, and therefore we're going for the ONLY option we have?! reminds you of something?
I must admit to being confused, that's literally the point I am making.

The Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar today at a ceremony at the Central Air Command AOR confirmed the Pakistan Air Force’s plans to procure the Shenyang J-31 multirole stealth fighter jet from China. The CAS said that “the foundation for acquiring the J-31 Stealth Fighter aircraft has already been laid which is all set to become part of the PAF's fleet in the near future”.
View attachment 7066
View attachment 7067
Nearly all PAF SM sites are following this development.

Request to add this PAF official video in 1st post so that source is mentioned , its released almost 50 minutes ago . Thanks .

Some dot-connecting and loud thinking:

Learnings from the F-16s have been incorporated into the JF-17, providing Pakistan with co-ownership of a 4th generation platform that is specifically tailored to meet its needs.

Similarly, the learnings from the J-31s will be utilized in the development of KAAN, granting Pakistan co-ownership of a 5th generation platform that is also customized to match its requirements.

This successful model has proven beneficial for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), indicating their interest in co-owning a fifth-generation platform like KAAN. Consequently, it suggests that Pakistan will not be inducting J-20s or the Turkish version of KAAN, as there is no need to do so.

As a result, it is likely that the JF-17 Block-4 will be the final block of this fighter platform, as efforts and interest will shift towards the next generation platform, focusing on its induction, co-ownership, and customisation.

The F-16 program will also see a cap with no further induction as additional resources will be injected into J-10s. Together with the JF-17, these aircraft will continue to serve as the backbone of Pakistan's air force.

By 2040, it is expected that Pakistan will operate four layers of jets, including the JF-17s, J-10s, J-31s, and KAAN, without any American or Western platforms in their service. By denying F-16s to PAF, USA has lost a valuable operator in South Asia. Perhaps they have found a new operator in India, and they are content with this arrangement.

Last edited:
I thought we were going down the turkey route?
It will meet same fate of ATAK helicopter, engine imported from US/UK and need third party license. Until or unless Turkey develop type 414 engine.

It will meet same fate of ATAK helicopter, engine imported from US/UK and need third party license. Until or unless Turkey develop type 414 engine.
Exactly

What are the Airbus A319 and Boeing 737 for? Plush chauffer flown transports for the military fat bellies?
Probably. Unless there are plans for converting them to refullers or Airborne command centers.

KAAN will come after 2030 with indigenous engine (long term)

Whereas J35 will be few years away
I dont see how Pakistan will induct J35s before 2030s. Pakistan Air chief is sharing the future plans. A paf spec J35 would be perfect.

Highly unlikely to be this decade, we have too much going on already, the existing projects need be settled before any massive shift, such as introduction of a 5th generation fighter.

J10 introduction isn't fully complete yet,
JF17 block 3 project is still ongoing, and a block 4 could be on the cards,
we are also looking at an L15 induction,
then there is the retirement of a large part of our fleet,
and our Surface to air missile infrastructure is still evolving.

That's a lot on the plate, I don't think we'll see a 5th generation fighter till the mid 2030s
Makes sense. J35s are not ready yet, maybe by 2030 and China will induct it first. By 2035 Pakistan will look at J35s, Tfx or even J20s if they're available.

Scenario 1 If PAF is rich enough to buy this before 2030 IAF will be running around like headless chickens for the 1st few years and then will Insist on Su 57 or F 35 (if we can get our hands on it somehow)

Scenario 2 if this happens post 2030 We will double down on AMCA (induction 2035) and there will be a lot of name calling as to whose fault is this that AMCA is so late.
IAF will point fingers at ADA & HAL, HAL will point fingers at GOI

Scenario 3 None of this will happen as PAF is in a big cash crunch and IAF will keep on lazing around
India will eventually go for the F35 and Pakistan will not buy J35 before 2030, possible by 2035. We are inducting J10s and Jf17s to replace older planes, India is also doing the same, inducting Rafale, Tejas and Su30MKIs to replace all older planes.

@Quwa so this is the end of KAAN entry into Pakistan?
J-31 from China & Kizil-Elma from Bayraktar and Pakistan will be good as far as Stealth is concerned.

Makes sense. J35s are not ready yet, maybe by 2030 and China will induct it first. By 2035 Pakistan will look at J35s, Tfx or even J20s if they're available.

I highly doubt China will make J20 available to anyone, almost impossible. The only scenario is if Pakistan can get its act together, like Turkiye, Indonesia, and South Korea, and start behaving like a mature nation, without the constant drama, only then China would be willing to share cutting edge technology with Pakistan.

But, if we get our act together, I don't think we'll need to rely on others. Although, no matter what, i think we should always continue to work with special brotherly nations such as Turkiye.
And, we really need to increase our cooperation with Indonesia, it's a great nation, and we have a history of brotherly relations, which have cooled a little, because Indonesia is concentrating on building internal strengths.

Some dot-connecting and loud thinking:

Learnings from the F-16s have been incorporated into the JF-17, providing Pakistan with co-ownership of a 4th generation platform that is specifically tailored to meet its needs.

Similarly, the learnings from the J-31s will be utilized in the development of KAAN, granting Pakistan co-ownership of a 5th generation platform that is also customized to match its requirements.

This successful model has proven beneficial for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), indicating their interest in co-owning a fifth-generation platform like KAAN. Consequently, it suggests that Pakistan will not be inducting J-20s or the Turkish version of KAAN, as there is no need to do so.

As a result, it is likely that the JF-17 Block-4 will be the final block of this fighter platform, as efforts and interest will shift towards the next generation platform, focusing on its induction, co-ownership, and customisation.

The F-16 program will also see a cap with no further induction as additional resources will be injected into J-10s. Together with the JF-17, these aircraft will continue to serve as the backbone of Pakistan's air force.

By 2040, it is expected that Pakistan will operate four layers of jets, including the JF-17s, J-10s, J-31s, and KAAN, without any American or Western platforms in their service. By denying F-16s to PAF, USA has lost a valuable operator in South Asia. Perhaps they have found a new operator in India, and they are content with this arrangement.
Is Thunder Block 4 even a thing?

Sorry, wasn’t following all this since 2 years

Yeah, you just popped up like a daisy outta nowhere...

Whats up, homes...?

"Loud thinking" is in the title, my friend, but I can't imagine Pakistan would be using 5th gen fighters and not upgrading its best-breed 4th gen fighters after learning from the next gen platform. But sure, JF-4 is not a thing yet.

Yeah, you just popped up like a daisy outta nowhere...

Whats up, homes...?
Haha

Dil uth gaya hai is sab se.

I am doing good, trying to reach the skies. How about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back