PAF Future Acquisition Plans

Looks like a good move. I hope China does Transfer of Technology one day.

Okay.

I might be going off topic on this, so apologies to mod team (please warn if i over step). The economy in Pakistan has two sides. Military economy and civilian economy. The military leads in its R&D, procurement, diversification and modernization. You can see the influx of weapons in past 5 years or so even with a dwindling economy. So, Pakistan's economy doesnt really affect weapon procurement for Pakistani military, be it 6th gen fighter or 8th gen fighter.

On the other hand, you are comparing Indian economy to Pakistan's (civil Govt) economy. Two aspects here:
1. How much procurement in terms of modernization and technological leaps have civil areas progressed be it industry, infrastructure, machinery etc.

2. How much R&D has civil side progressed through public universities in all sectors where economy can be flourished.
This...doesn't make any sense.

That's not what an economy is. Your entire premise is so flawed that I don't even know where to begin.

Most of Pakistan army's budget comes from the national budget to the tune of over $10 billion dollars yearly.

You're confusing economy with productivity.

This...doesn't make any sense.

That's not what an economy is. Your entire premise is so flawed that I don't even know where to begin.

Most of Pakistan army's budget comes from the national budget to the tune of over $10 billion dollars yearly.

You're confusing economy with productivity.
Military has own ventures and exports for generating revenue.

Russia. Israel. France. Italy. All of them have supplied weapons platforms and components which form the top tier of a number of countries forces. Pakistan Navy for quite sometime had operated French Sub as unmatched tool of naval dominance. India had operated Russian hardware likewise. We both have operated French planes as preferred platforms for A2G roles, to the point it is still considered prudent to buy few more of them even if they are second hand. India's top level avionics or sensors is Israeli. Italian Radars have been used in quite a few platforms.

In front of this, Chinese platforms -- those which are fully Chinese -- had been minuscule compared to the size of economy that China is. Same with Chinese components.
We are talking about fighter jets, only France has done anything of note on that front and that too because of strategic constraints of their customers and a decade late

Military has own ventures and exports for generating revenue.
And that's hurting the national economy.

Also, it's main source of income is the national budget, and makes up the largest chunk.

Most of the money that the army makes through corporations and investments goes to paying pensions and upkeep of the large standing army, with the air force and navy having nowhere near the revenue generation that the army has.

If the country goes bankrupt, what do you think will happen?

Also, keep in mind that Pakistan's procurements for past 2 decades+ has been funded through either grants from the US coalition support fund, or low interest loans from Chinese banks. If what you said hold any water, Pakistan army wouldn't need foreign funding for procurement.

Last edited:
PAF is fielding J31/J35 variant by 2027. accelerated acquisition due to rapidly changing global situation... There will be perpetual war in next decade... and global economic meltdown will happen by 2035 - 2040...
Care to explain how do u know that

And that's hurting the national economy.

Also, it's main source of income is the national budget, and makes up the largest chunk.

Most of the money that the army makes through corporations and investments goes to paying pensions and upkeep of the large standing army, with the air force and navy having nowhere near the revenue generation that the army has.

If the country goes bankrupt, what do you think will happen?

Also, keep in mind that Pakistan's procurements for past 2 decades+ has been funded through either grants from the US coalition support fund, or low interest loans from Chinese banks. If what you said hold any water, Pakistan army wouldn't need foreign funding for procurement.
There is a mix - but the major chunk is national budget with this grey military economy funding more the less than public procurement and filling coffers in certain cases.
Still, whatever this flawed engineered system has set in does keep the bare minimum up and running as needed.

SPD is the biggest black hole of them all - in every sense of the word.

I've always had my suspicions that Project AZM was the cover for the purchase of the F-31 from China. Perhaps there may be modifications to the J-31 with a Russian powerplant and Turkish avionics. Obviously a lot of integration will be required but PAF has vast knowledge and experience in this area. F-6, A-5 and F-7PG are examples of modifications with Western components.

I've always had my suspicions that Project AZM was the cover for the purchase of the F-31 from China. Perhaps there may be modifications to the J-31 with a Russian powerplant and Turkish avionics. Obviously a lot of integration will be required but PAF has vast knowledge and experience in this area. F-6, A-5 and F-7PG are examples of modifications with Western components.
J-31 is separate. Project Azm now is KAAN. As for J-31, Russian engines are gone the latest prototypes are flying with Chinese engines not Russians. Soon WS19 engine which is being made for J-31 will also be ready.

It was reported that PAF acquired 60 CM-400AKG between 2017-2018 but this has not been confirmed. The latest video (January 2024) indicated that CM-400AKG is in service with PAF and could be carried by the new J-10CE as well.
- Last Updated 1/3/24
J-10CE_CM-400AKG.jpg

FYR2oWtXwAwrsWz.jpeg.jpgFYR2ykxXoAAkY1h.jpeg.jpgFYR24aWWAAAPaDS.jpeg.jpg
Courtesy: Deino

J-31 is separate. Project Azm now is KAAN. As for J-31, Russian engines are gone the latest prototypes are flying with Chinese engines not Russians. Soon WS19 engine which is being made for J-31 will also be ready.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back