PAF Future Acquisition Plans

I dont see how Pakistan will induct J35s before 2030s. Pakistan Air chief is sharing the future plans. A paf spec J35 would be perfect.
As compare to KAAN project (which yet to make its first flight) J35/j31 would be around the corner, basic hurdle about acquiring KAAN is relying on US engine and Turkish indigenous engine will come online according various sources in 2032 after that few more years to mature their engine, I think we will get KAAN in 2035-2040 time frame

Whereas we can get j31/J35 much earlier than KAAN, may be on 2030-2035 time frame or before 2030 who knows 😉

See the bolded parts, this is exactly where the problems is. It makes a world of a difference. Discussing something or wanting something is not the same as actually getting it. That makes a world of a difference. I wrote this already in my previous post,

"Granted everyone obviously wants it and options are very limited"
This is only the level of what we knew from anything mentioned by any previous CAS.
THe questions is and as i wrote,
"but still was it necessary to announce NOW"

That's what I wanted to discuss. I mean just look at the impact. Just look at the post by Tejas Spokesman, and I absolutely agree with it. India may have wanted the F-35 but negotiations for such procurements are complex and time taking, and a negating argument that there is no 5th Gen in the region could have made them even slower. But with this announcement it's the opposite case now. India can start making that argument TODAY (that PAF is already getting 5th gen) rather than after few years, when & if PAF actually placed an order.

They just gained a few years in the process, this is the impact IMO and why I think this was unwise and unnecessary.
I have a theory, so get your tinfoil topi on...

I think this presentation (and J-31 announcement) was as much for internal consumption as it was for external posturing. I'm also not saying that ACM Siddhu had a shady agenda. No. I believe this sort of message is for Pakistan's hawks and patriots to know that the leadership hasn't lost its sight of India, external threats, etc. It was a morale booster, and you can see it on the forum and the social media spheres. tbh, I only saw this much hype in 2003-2004 when the US agreed to sell F-16C/Ds to the PAF.

The main thing that worries me is the extremely limited payload that the J-31 has compared to other 5th gen platforms that are either in development or complete.

If India gets the F-35, which I believe it will by 2035, then the J-31 is certainly going to be outclassed in terms of fire power.

I can't speak too much in terms of the tech as we simply don't know anything about the J-31's tech (both hardware and software), and how advanced it will be compared to the F-35.
IMO...the J-31 vs. F-35 thing will depend much more on the AESA radar and AAM stacks of each fighter. The Chinese have an urgent need to ensure their stacks are credibly good because they'll have to fight more F-35s in one conflict than the PAF would ever see in India.

The main thing that worries me is the extremely limited payload that the J-31 has compared to other 5th gen platforms that are either in development or complete.

If India gets the F-35, which I believe it will by 2035, then the J-31 is certainly going to be outclassed in terms of fire power.

I can't speak too much in terms of the tech as we simply don't know anything about the J-31's tech (both hardware and software), and how advanced it will be compared to the F-35.
PAF is fielding J31/J35 variant by 2027. accelerated acquisition due to rapidly changing global situation... There will be perpetual war in next decade... and global economic meltdown will happen by 2035 - 2040...

PAF is fielding J31/J35 variant by 2027
These planes will arrive sooner than many think. PAF has been keeping a close eye on its developments for over a decade. Did not disclose its intentions for fear of panic in the neighbourhood. KAAN is still some years away but will definitely join our ranks.

Good news for India.

Before PAF ordered J-31, US would have never given India F-35 citing it will impact regional balance of power.

Now with Pakistan getting J-31, US will cite the same excuse i.e to "maintain regional balance of power" to offer India F-35.

Guess US knew well in advance PAF was going for J-31, which is why it sent F-35A to Aero India 2023.

Congratulations 👏🎉

As compare to KAAN project (which yet to make its first flight) J35/j31 would be around the corner, basic hurdle about acquiring KAAN is relying on US engine and Turkish indigenous engine will come online according various sources in 2032 after that few more years to mature their engine, I think we will get KAAN in 2035-2040 time frame

Whereas we can get j31/J35 much earlier than KAAN, may be on 2030-2035 time frame or before 2030 who knows 😉

Pakistan will get both

J-31 first

KAAN later

Both programs will give us great insight

I don't see j31coming until 2030 even beyond this ...
India will need fifth gen option
I see order for f35 around 2030
Or even Frances Fcas fighter but not until 2040
Amca also

Just to remind you
India gdp today 3.5 trillion dollars versus Pakistan 350 billon dollars
By 2030 this gap will fifteen fold defense budget will be ten times Pakistan
Buying few j31 will be addressed by India im sure
Amca
F35
Fcas France
Tempest uk

But both china already and Pakistan will get fifth gen first
India will rely rafale F5 with wingman drones until 2035/2040

I have a theory, so get your tinfoil topi on...

I think this presentation (and J-31 announcement) was as much for internal consumption as it was for external posturing. I'm also not saying that ACM Siddhu had a shady agenda. No. I believe this sort of message is for Pakistan's hawks and patriots to know that the leadership hasn't lost its sight of India, external threats, etc. It was a morale booster, and you can see it on the forum and the social media spheres. tbh, I only saw this much hype in 2003-2004 when the US agreed to sell F-16C/Ds to the PAF.

IMO...the J-31 vs. F-35 thing will depend much more on the AESA radar and AAM stacks of each fighter. The Chinese have an urgent need to ensure their stacks are credibly good because they'll have to fight more F-35s in one conflict than the PAF would ever see in India.
True.

On the topic of procurement. We've talked on the past about the hi-lo mix that PAF always goes for. Could we potentially see both J-31 and KAAN enter PAF inventory? Or is it just too unrealistically expensive?

Just to remind you
India gdp today 3.5 trillion dollars versus Pakistan 350 billon dollars
By 2030 this gap will fifteen fold defense budget will be ten times Pakistan
Buying few j31 will be addressed by India im sure
Amca
F35
Fcas France
Tempest uk

But both china already and Pakistan will get fifth gen first
India will rely rafale F5 with wingman drones until 2035/2040
It's not the 5th gen I'm super worried about, it's 6th gen and beyond. India's economy is going to eventually get so large that they will be able to instantly buy their way into getting advanced tech before Pakistan even has a chance to even think about what it would cost.

Unless Pakistan fixes its economy, India's already massive economic advantage is going to lead to a massive Indian tech and mil advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back