PAF Future Acquisition Plans

China stopped using the AL-31s and AL-41 and has been using the WS-10C, to its safe to say they have some degree of confidence in it. Now the WS-15 has been developed which a leap for China, I don't think engines are too much of a problem for China anymore. They are still behind engines like the F135 and the Pratt & Whitney XA101 in development, but they acre caught up to F119 more or less.

The WS-13 is not much of an upgrade compared to the RD-93, there is an improved WS-13E as well, but I guess Pakistan has continued with the RD-93, might be b/c its easier for logistics or b/c we haven't really seen any testing in a single engine configuration. The WS-19 is the one where China finally catches up, and its very close to the finish line.
Except JF-17 Block 3 is using a different variant of RD-93 called RD-93MA with significantly higher thurst. So logistics are not the reason.

PAF made their assessment and they went with J-31 (J-35 is the carrier variant), so that settles the debate.

What debate, Pakistan is a TFX partner, not sure when they will procure, but they haven't given any indication that they won't procure.

LOL alright TURKIYE NUMBA ONE! TURKIYE SUPAPOWER FIGHTER BETTER THAN F-22 WITHOUT EVEN FLYING OFF THE GROUND.

Happy?

I don't get the sarcasm, he provided features on paper that are being developed, you should compare them, instead of rely on abstracts. Whether is comparisons of engines or avionics, etc etc.

Go off-topic it will be instant thread ban, sorry no warnings now.
I'm tried of seeing posts about politics, my country's weapons industry is better than yours, can Pakistan afford it etc.
The last few replies I'll let.

Last edited:
a special waiver from US CAATSA shows India's importance compared to Turkey.....

They have Turkey are CAATSA waiver too. That doesn't mean Turkey would get the F-35 with the S-400 present.

India will get F35 if she really wants to

You aren't getting the F-35 for a multitude of reasons.

ah.

View attachment 8304

Thats not a real newspaper its an indian blog that regurgitates BS. "Ritu Sharma" is not a real journalist.

Except JF-17 Block 3 is using a different variant of RD-93 called RD-93MA with significantly higher thurst. So logistics are not the reason.

The difference between the RD-93 and RD-93MA, in terms of logistics and familiarity is likely less than a completely different engine. Either way, the fact that the WS-15 is fully developed and we are seeing flights with the WS-19 tells you that China has fixed engine issues, its not F135 level, but they have caught up.

You aren't getting the F-35 for a multitude of reasons.
Never say never. Much stranger things have happened in past. (Geo)Politics make some really weird bed fellows.

If India wants, it can buy the F-35, but India's deals all involve TOT and manufacturing in India, something the US does not want to happen.
IF at all this happens, it will be an emergency procurement in response to some other development. Indian government for some strange reason takes as much time in procuring hardware and releasing funds that others take in making a new aircraft from complete scratch and then some more.

Indian procurement for Rafale began in 2001 or something for 126 planes with selection declared in 2012. Finally in 2023, we have 36 planes.

China started development of J-20 in 2009 and has 200+ fighters flying in 2023.....

Gents that's it nothing else on this F-35 India stuff. Thread bans to be placed now. I gave people some grace.

Gents that's it nothing else on this F-35 India stuff. Thread bans to be placed now. I gave people some grace.

The Indian keep baiting the thread with VEE ARE GETTING F-35 SAAAR!!, INDIAN SUPA POWAA 2020!!. lol

The Indian keep baiting the thread with VEE ARE GETTING F-35 SAAAR!!, INDIAN SUPA POWAA 2020!!. lol

Yes he has been warned as has everyone. He can set up a 'F-35 thread for India' in the Indian defense section.

I never claimed that China will never get there, just that its not there yet.

Do you have any source for this? I ask because you will be having logistical burden due to new sensors and radar anyways. And not to mention, you will not get same RD93 engine as Block 2 as Block 3 uses an uprated variant of RD93 called RD93MA which produce quite a bit more thurst than Block 2 engine. So, yes, you will have to have logistical burden.
We use RD-93MA on block III because we already have RD-93 infrastructure/logistics, its easier to handle to put RD93MA on block III than put new WS-13IPE on block III which has slightly more thrust than RD93MA

Go off-topic it will be instant thread ban, sorry no warnings now.
I'm tried of seeing posts about politics, my country's weapons industry is better than yours, can Pakistan afford it etc.
The last few replies I'll let.
JF-17 engine debate also starting here. Its another tangent that should be discouraged in this thread.

JF-17 engine debate also starting here. Its another tangent that should be discouraged in this thread.

Got you.
I've just extended the thread ban list to two more. I feel more will be added as people don't want to listen and do their own thing.

Can we also leave the JF-17 debate as well. We have a dedicated thread .

J-XX was started in 97 or so. It produced many proposals out of which J-20 was endorsed in 2009 by PLAAF.
Chinese 5th gen project started in late 90s as a J-XX program but J-20 was selected by PLAAF in 2009 for mass production

Similar to American ATF program in late 70s and F-22 project selected by USAF in 91 for mass production

Users who are viewing this thread

Back