PAF Future Acquisition Plans

Hi,

China is doing the leading footwork and massive investment in it and the product is available to us without the cost of investment---.

So----it does not make sense for paf to make investment---but to have the basics and fundamental setup is fine---.
Dependence on other has come back to bite us on our hind side again n again...our all weather friend is now a businessman first n any thing else later.
One one wants us to be self reliant and remain depended.
No one is asking them to reinvent the wheel but we need to be self relient to a certain extent.
Doing the same thing again n again n expecting different results us stupidity at its best

Last edited:
The question which should be asked the most is J-31 close to entering mass production. If not, why would Air Chief announce its induction.

The question which should be asked the most is J-31 close to entering mass production. If not, why would Air Chief announce its induction.
Sir my little question,
If mass production of F-31 start within an year. And SAC ready to supply F-31 to Pakistan.
What would be the future of J-10C induction? Pakistan continue to buy both jets? Or PAF hault purchase of more J-10.

Of Course it can be a credible threat, did I ever say the JF-17 was useless or something? though it should be noted, detection range and tracking range are very different. You can detect something is out there, but to lock on and fire a missile and guide it there are two different things. For example, there are many radars that can detect the F-35, but to be able to do it clearly enough to where you can track and lock onto it and send a missile is another matter. Then you add on the other complexities of air warfare with EW and other stuff.

Listen this whole BS started when that guy made the claim that the JF-17 is equivalent to the Eurofighter and F-16V, now we seem to be having a very different conversation. If you are not contesting that they are equivalent, then I have no interest in this conversation, b/c the only reason I started arguing is b/c that guy was bloing smoke up his own ass about JF-17s being the equivalent of a Eurofighter and how Pakistani engineers this and that, can create something for $25M that it takes the Western powers $100M to create, exchange rate, purchasing power yada yada yada. and then he started accusing me of being some hindutwa guy hating on Pakistan, which I didn't do. The only issue I have is with people who like to blow smoke up their own ass, whether they are Indians bragging about Tejas, or Pakistanis, Chinese, and even other americans who discredit china in certain aspects.
You are beating around the bush. Quwa gave you the following figures for KLJ-7A radar on JF-17C.

KLJ-7A range for a 5m2 target: >150 km
PL-15E range: 145 km

You are trying to compare JF-17 one-to-one with eurofighter (i.e. in the absence of AWACS) and claiming that latter will detect/shoot first before even the former can see it. And you are not putting the corresponding figures for eurofighter. Who will take your (silly?) claim at the face value without these numbers? I am wondering why you are hesitant putting these numbers forward.

Last edited:
Sir my little question,
If mass production of F-31 start within an year. And SAC ready to supply F-31 to Pakistan.
What would be the future of J-10C induction? Pakistan continue to buy both jets? Or PAF hault purchase of more J-10.
Pakistan will have to reach economies of scale with J-10 so no J-10 will also come as. Pakistan will replace lot of fighter jets with J-10 C plus J-10 C would play crucial role in Anti Sea, Land Based and Air to Air Operations.

IMO J-10C will remain the general spearhead of the PAF. We can expect at the very least 4 to 5 Squadrons of the Dragon over the years.

J-31 (if our economy permits) will be the specialized cutting-edge spearhead i.e. silent assassin / wrecker-in-chief radar-evading platform for the PAF. Because they are going to be quite costly to acquire and operate. No more than 2 Squadrons will be inducted (reason: our economy). The small numbers will prevent it from being used in too many extensive missions.

The above scenario could change for the better if our economy comes out of its current doldrums, in the near future.

IMO J-10C will remain the general spearhead of the PAF. We can expect at the very least 4 to 5 Squadrons of the Dragon over the years.

J-31 (if our economy permits) will be the specialized cutting-edge spearhead i.e. silent assassin / wrecker-in-chief radar-evading platform for the PAF. Because they are going to be quite costly to acquire and operate. No more than 2 Squadrons will be inducted (reason: our economy). The small numbers will prevent it from being used in too many extensive missions.

The above scenario could change for the better if our economy comes out of its current doldrums, in the near future.
Two squadrons will be the start. We can't reach economies of scale with only two squadrons neither Pakistan only goes for two squadrons. Initially it would be two squadrons, but they would slowly increase in numbers. 100 is the minimum number which would eventually have.

You are beating around the bush. Quwa gave you the following figures for KLJ-7A radar on JF-17C.

KLJ-7A range for a 5m2 target: >150 km
PL-15E range: 145 km

You are trying to compare JF-17 one-to-one with eurofighter (i.e. in the absence of AWACS) and claiming that latter will detect/shoot first before even the former can see it. And you are not putting the corresponding figures for eurofighter. Who will take your (silly?) claim at the face value without these numbers? I am wondering why you are hesitant putting these numbers forward.

I'm supposed to point out obvious things?

Everyone knows the Meteor missile range. Its 200km, b/c its discussed to death. So I didn't really mention it.

As for the Eurofighter, The old Captor had a range of 185km.

As for the Captor-E ECRS Mk2 on the Tranche 4, exact figures haven't been released to my knowledge, but suffice to say, its one of the most advanced radar currently available. I linked a readup on the radar in previous pasts. Why are we having this conversation? The most obvious answer on range should have been evident to you by the fact that bigger aircraft with more power available and bigger sensors usually have longer range. But the range isn't even the most impressive thing about this aircraft, its the fact that is does many other things, again, why don't you actually read things.

Pakistan’s fighter dilemma: Pursuing Chinese FC-31 amid Turkish Kaan uncertainty​

9th January 2024 - 15:59 GMT | by Norbert Neumann in London
RSS

Very little has been shared regarding the development status of the Shenyang FC-31. (Photo: X/Twitter)

With the Pakistan Air Force acknowledging its intention to procure Chinese J-31/FC-31 fifth-generation aircraft, questions have arisen about Pakistan’s stance on joining Turkey’s TF-X Kaan fighter programme, heightening speculation on the nation’s strategic alliances.

Last edited:
Going through above discussion please note that bvr max range is like max speed on your car speedometer

No one will actually fire a bvr at max range in real life

No escape zone and most closer to it least the chance of target to escape, that's where combat will happen

The J10C is a multi-purpose fighter and the FC31 is an air superiority fighter. The two cannot replace each other. FC31 should be much more expensive than J10C.

The balance between beating dead horses for beatings sake and learning from past mistakes to implement changes is not something Pakistanis will learn even after the horn is blown on the day of judgement.

Regardless, the lack of local industry and other empty shells of development have little impact in general on the acquisition of J-31.
For starters we can't afford for this horse to die...cuz if it does then we all r fu@#ked...we want this horse to perform n not just perform but be the best that their is....n for this the most important thing is positive criticism, where we point out the mistakes n give suggestion n ideas to improve n do better.....
n refrain from giving the sub acha hah sir, report over every thing n brush the rest under the carpet....as this crap of sub acha hah is eating away at our core.

We should have been partners in the j 31 programs as the manufacturer came to PAF right after the conception of this plane.....but as I have said it again n again that those at the helm of affairs can't see past their noses n the only thing they see is money.
So the chances of making money diminish when ur making somthing in house but greatly increase when ur buying thing off the shelf....so we doing just that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back