Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

F-22Raptor

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What is so stupid??

Russia is asking for things they yet to achieve, I don't know what type of "talks" you usually do, but for me, that term is negative sum for the Ukrainian. Why would I let you have stuff that you can't get and not able or not yet get? I mean the occupied land, that's probably a goner, which mean that part is zero, and then you want me to leave when you failed to get those area? Well, if you want them, come get them.

Yes, Russia can do what they wanted, but then you forgot about the fact that so is the Ukrainian, and in fact, for them, this is a war for their own existence, Russia will not be gone as a country if they had lost, but Ukraine will cease to be a country if they do. Put that in your mind, and you think the bar for them to fight is very low. Because either way they are either going to be eliminated or have to fight, then why talk?

This is not about moral, this is not about perspective, this is about talk is to pull people closer to the middle, there ain't no middle if this is the talk they are getting into. As they say, this is not a condition to peace talk, this is a condition for surrender.

I’ve never understood “to the last Ukrainian” rhetoric from the Russian sycophants. As if Ukrainians aren’t fighting for their country and freedom from Russian tyranny.

Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine. Ukraines fight is just and they’ll fight for as long as they need to.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
By mid to late 2025 Russian IFV storage bases will be mostly depleted. Tanks likely early to mid 2026. That doesn’t mean they will disappear from the battlefield at that point. The Russians will still have a couple thousand on the battlefield, but their ability to replace losses from there on will turn critical.

The Russians almost certainly can’t sustain major operations beyond 2026.
A combine NATO headquarter assessment said Russian war fighting capability is depleted to a point where they can have no major operation in 2025. They were supposed to launch this Kharkiv Offensive as probably the last hoorah in 2024, but their own people foiled their plan.

Tanks on the other hand, is not really an issue in this war. Because they are almost in an auxiliary responsibility. The Russian aren't going to depends on Tank to open up another front or put pressure in the current front, the problem for Russia is that they have run out of Junior officer, and the attrition rate is believed to be even worse than what we had back in Vietnam War (Which is on average a Jnr Officer life span is 20 weeks in country). Well, that make sense as this war is a lot more brutal than the Vietnam war.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I’ve never understood “to the last Ukrainian” rhetoric from the Russian sycophants. As if Ukrainians aren’t fighting for their country and freedom from Russian tyranny.

Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine. Ukraines fight is just and they’ll fight for as long as they need to.
That's a perspective some political angle they want you to see.

As the great Irish Colonel Pat Quinlan once said when his company was surrounded by 4000+ Katanga and French Mercenary.

"If you continue to attack, we will continue to response"

That is, war in the simplest term

F-22Raptor

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That's a perspective some political angle they want you to see.

As the great Irish Colonel Pat Quinlan once said when his company was surrounded by 4000+ Katanga and French Mercenary.

"If you continue to attack, we will continue to response"

That is, war in the simplest term

The sycophants believe this is a NATO war on Russia and they are using Ukrainians as a pawn.

What they fail to see are Ukrainians determination to be free from Russian oppression and they’ll fight as hard and as long as they need to.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The sycophants believe this is a NATO war on Russia and they are using Ukrainians as a pawn.

What they fail to see are Ukrainians determination to be free from Russian oppression and they’ll fight as hard and as long as they need to.
That's because of the narrative I said before and the importance for Russia to maintain that.

If they love us, why would they fight us?
And if they had not fought us, then why we are still not victorious?

Russia can't have the narrative that Ukraine was hostile against them, regardless of how reality put out to be, the entire selling point of this war (or as Putin put it, a "Special Military Operation") is that they are doing this to "Liberate" the Ukrainian from the "oppressive" Ukrainian regime. If they found out they are actually "Liberating" hostile Ukrainian and losing Russian soldier because of it, they will have Putin's ball for dinner by the end of the month.

So for Russian regime, the "bad guys" have to be someone else, and who are they going to blame it on? The Chinese? LOL

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
About the situation in Volchansk. As in many other cases, Ukraine exaggerates its achievements. The narrative of Ukraine regarding the Kharkov direction is that the valiant troops of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have launched a counteroffensive, and are pushing the Russian army abroad.
Do we see it on the map? We don't see that. At some point, the APU really managed to get between the Russian positions in the city and at the factory. And they managed to report it. But they couldn't stay there for long. It is for the reason that these positions are blocked by the presence of Russian fortifications nearby. But Ukraine cannot say that the APU has withdrawn from there, since this is against its narrative. So now the area of the plant is, as it were, in an invisible environment. In Volchansk, there are areas of concrete buildings that provide sufficient protection, and areas of easily demolished buildings. The high-rise building area in the center of Volchansk is "citadel", and the plant are concrete areas. What is near them is being destroyed. That is why Russia has positions at the plant, but they are not around. That is why the APU would not be able to gain a foothold near the plant. So why did the APU try to do this? Due to the fact that with the seizure of the plant, the citadel area, held by the Ukrainians, is almost surrounded. It would be wise to withdraw troops from it. But Ukraine no longer has concrete areas in the city. And accordingly, this will be the beginning of the retreat from Volchansk. What the Ukrainian propaganda narrative does not allow.
Problem for the Russian troop in Vovchansk is not on Vovchansk itself, but their GLOS (Ground Line of Communication) It's going to need an effort to supply those troop in Vovchansk. The thing is, regardless how sound their defense position can be.

Unless Russian can made progress further into and above Vovchansk, their present there is a liability. Because as long as they are there, you need to constantly be supplying them, replacing them, and for what? The head of the spear is already blunt. Keep them in place will take away resource that they already scarcely had, why would I keep on supplying them when I know they can progress forward? And I know they can't progress forward because they had yet to take Liptsy, there cannot be a double envelopment without a flank. And the troop they had in the region is already expanded, unless they are pulling troop from the South to go on into this direction (which ironically is what you said the Russian is doing to the Ukrainian, and you might be right, but as I explained before it failed) There aren't much waiting for them outside of Vovchansk, if you can't take Ukrainian GLOS, but at the same time getting your own pounded, then it would be militaristically sound to withdraw if they want to maintain their southern momentum

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Il be blunt here, this conflict brings us closer to nuclear war than we have ever been.
No more than when US or any nuclear power goes to war since 1945, and there are a lot, with a lot of mixed result.

The problem is, nuclear weapon usage on this war is very unlikely. First of all, no one is going to be insane enough to nuke your next-door country, we aren't talking about US fighting in Vietnam 11000 mile away or US fighting in Afghanistan 7600 mile away, the closest point between Ukraine and Moscow are about 400km (Kharkiv city to Moscow is only 520km while Sumy is about 460)

If Russia is using its strategic stockpile, you probably don't need to wait until the NATO use their, you will be nuking yourself due to the proximity. On the other hand, if Russia is using tactical nuke, they may as well just keep bombing the Ukrainian, they probably had delivered several 40kn device equivalent with just artillery shell alone. I mean, they shoot over 6 million artilleries round a year, and each 152 have a 6kg warhead. You do the maths.

lightning f57

Feb 27, 2022
No more than when US or any nuclear power goes to war since 1945, and there are a lot, with a lot of mixed result.

The problem is, nuclear weapon usage on this war is very unlikely. First of all, no one is going to be insane enough to nuke your next-door country, we aren't talking about US fighting in Vietnam 11000 mile away or US fighting in Afghanistan 7600 mile away, the closest point between Ukraine and Moscow are about 400km (Kharkiv city to Moscow is only 520km while Sumy is about 460)

If Russia is using its strategic stockpile, you probably don't need to wait until the NATO use their, you will be nuking yourself due to the proximity. On the other hand, if Russia is using tactical nuke, they may as well just keep bombing the Ukrainian, they probably had delivered several 40kn device equivalent with just artillery shell alone. I mean, they shoot over 6 million artilleries round a year, and each 152 have a 6kg warhead. You do the maths.

The main difference is this conflict is not happening in Russias backyard but their front yard. Putin and the Russian establishment see Ukraine still as a country which must be under their influence for them losing this war will be seen as Russia losing its territorial integrity. Letting Ukraine join Nato will be seen as a existential threat, i think it brings us much closer to use of tactical nukes than when the US was in Vietnam. Other wars the US have waged have been one sided.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What is so stupid??

Russia is asking for things they yet to achieve, I don't know what type of "talks" you usually do, but for me, that term is negative sum for the Ukrainian. Why would I let you have stuff that you can't get and not able or not yet get? I mean the occupied land, that's probably a goner, which mean that part is zero, and then you want me to leave when you failed to get those area? Well, if you want them, come get them.

Yes, Russia can do what they wanted, but then you forgot about the fact that so is the Ukrainian, and in fact, for them, this is a war for their own existence, Russia will not be gone as a country if they had lost, but Ukraine will cease to be a country if they do. Put that in your mind, and you think the bar for them to fight is very low. Because either way they are either going to be eliminated or have to fight, then why talk?

This is not about moral, this is not about perspective, this is about talk is to pull people closer to the middle, there ain't no middle if this is the talk they are getting into. As they say, this is not a condition to peace talk, this is a condition for surrender.

Im sorry , From your western point of Ukraine, this Russian ultimatum is equal to surrender.

it's equal to accepting reality.

Exactly. So it's just going to be a slog until the European NATO stocks are depleted and until Ukraine can't find men to send. It already is going on in that direction. It will take time but eventually the electrical infrastructure, military production capabilities, mobilization capabilities and civilian economy will collapse on the Ukrainian side. Russia can go on like this for years and years. We already are at a terrible point in terms of manpower in Ukraine, it will get worse and other greater issues will arise.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Problem for the Russian troop in Vovchansk is not on Vovchansk itself, but their GLOS (Ground Line of Communication) It's going to need an effort to supply those troop in Vovchansk. The thing is, regardless how sound their defense position can be.

Unless Russian can made progress further into and above Vovchansk, their present there is a liability. Because as long as they are there, you need to constantly be supplying them, replacing them, and for what? The head of the spear is already blunt. Keep them in place will take away resource that they already scarcely had, why would I keep on supplying them when I know they can progress forward? And I know they can't progress forward because they had yet to take Liptsy, there cannot be a double envelopment without a flank. And the troop they had in the region is already expanded, unless they are pulling troop from the South to go on into this direction (which ironically is what you said the Russian is doing to the Ukrainian, and you might be right, but as I explained before it failed) There aren't much waiting for them outside of Vovchansk, if you can't take Ukrainian GLOS, but at the same time getting your own pounded, then it would be militaristically sound to withdraw if they want to maintain their southern momentum

Sounds like you just described Ukraine 🥺

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts