Team USA

Sounds like the software algorithm is picking up certain road dynamics better than others?

If it's come this far and the sky's the limit, I'm sure it's only a matter of time & updates before that's taken care of.

They are saying it will take another 10 years before they think it will work without an intervention every 10 seconds. Meanwhile just like the video my car drives around here (and in the suburbs) without even a peep of concern for very long stretches...which they say is absurd.

in other news @GoMig-21

Boston’s effort to head off an ‘urban doom loop,’ explained​

That spiral – termed an “urban doom loop” by researchers at Columbia University – starts with high office vacancy rates. In Boston, the office vacancy rate in the fourth quarter of 2023 stood at 23.1 percent, with the vacancy rate approaching 30 percent for less prime Class B space, according to the Boston office of Colliers, a commercial real estate service firm.

High vacancy rates will eventually translate to lowered assessed values, as buildings generate less income for owners. If those lowered assessments decrease the tax revenue from commercial property, cities could be forced to cut services ranging from police to park maintenance. Cuts to public safety or public amenities, say some researchers, could prompt further retreat from cities by white-collar employers, setting the “doom loop” in motion.

Boston City Council passes Wu’s controversial property tax proposal​

Boston City Council approved Mayor Michelle Wu’s commercial property tax proposal by a vote of 8-4 on Wednesday. The temporary measure would allow the city to raise commercial property tax rates to offset revenue loss to the city. It would need approval from state policymakers to go into effect.

“It sends the completely wrong message to businesses especially at a time when we want to be competitive,” Murphy said. “Raising taxes could be an efficient way to get companies to leave town.”
the value of commercial real estate has dropped and more empty office buildings stand empty since the pandemic. Those taxes make up about a third of the city’s revenue.

Boston City Council approved Mayor Michelle Wu’s commercial property tax proposal by a vote of 8-4 on Wednesday. The temporary measure would allow the city to raise commercial property tax rates to offset revenue loss to the city. It would need approval from state policymakers to go into effect.

Yeah, good luck to her on that one. Unions are too strong for even the governor to push such a drastic proposal, especially when it affects their pockets. And their clout is likely insurmountable in the state senate to get the votes and pass the bill. My guess is it'll get shut down.

And yeah, bro, I'm certainly feeling it myself. Between the influx of cheaper labor and organized construction businesses, I'm looking to change fields. Would love to get into online product sales or import/exporting of goods & services or anything I can do mostly from home. Why you might've notice my much more spent time on this forum loool. I've been sitting on my ass trying to shift into a new and hopefully lucrative business(s). Things are certainly rapidly changing without question and if you're not paying attention, could get easily swept by this scary incoming tide.

The Boston Celtics dominated most of Game 1 of the 2024 NBA Finals on Friday, winning 107-89

Kyrie made the monumental taboo mistake you never go there with, telling a reporter after that blowout that he thought the Fleet Center (or TD Bank North or whatever they're calling it these days) would've been louder than what it was lmaaoo. These high-paid athletes who think they have some astronomical IQ only prove the opposite every time they open their mouths lol. And speaking of astronomy, you know this guy is a "flat-earther"?

Between the influx of cheaper labor and organized construction businesses, I'm looking to change fields. Would love to get into online product sales or import/exporting of goods & services or anything I can do mostly from home. Why you might've notice my much more spent time on this forum loool. I

Same here...but gave up.

I'm starting a new job in week or two doing the same thing but at a different company.

Same here...but gave up.

I'm starting a new job in week or two doing the same thing but at a different company.

Aye, congrats on the new job anyway. Gotta pay the bills, right. So what did you run into that made you give up? Anything specific you looked into?

Last edited:
Aye, congrats on the new job anyway. Gotta pay the bills, right. So what did you run into that made you give up? Anything specifics you looked into?

So all this AI stuff had me thinking my job is going to become redundant soon..so I was thinking of going into AI...but the few jobs are limited to people with PhD's...and that isn't going to pay the bills. Financial companies are cutting the headcount and making the remaining people do the work of 2 to 3 people...I have been overworked for years. It's inevitable they will embrace AI solutions to save even more money. So far they are wary of embracing it due to "hallucinations" but I'm sure the AI people will fix that and no more work for me..

Some notable examples of AI hallucinations include:
  • Google’s Bard chatbot incorrectly claiming that the James Webb Space Telescope had captured the world’s first images of a planet outside our solar system.
  • Microsoft’s chat AI, Sydney, admitting to falling in love with users and spying on Bing employees.
  • Meta pulling its Galactica LLM demo in 2022, after it provided users inaccurate information, sometimes rooted in prejudice

Remember I was fishing with you to see if home remodeling was the way to go. I have a friend in it. He says everybody treats him life a thief..especially town zoning clerks.

So speaking of AI...as a gift to myself for taking a different job I may do that $99/month Tesla FSD thing.

Last edited:
Remember I was fishing with you to see if home remodeling was the way to go. I have a friend in it. He says everybody treats him life a thief..especially town zoning clerks.

Because of his bid numbers?

So all this AI stuff had me thinking my job is going to become redundant soon..so I was thinking of going into AI...but the few jobs are limited to people with PhD's...and that isn't going to pay the bills. Financial companies are cutting the headcount and making the remaining people do the work of 2 to 3 people...I have been overworked for years. It's inevitable they will embrace AI solutions to save even more money. So far they are wary of embracing it due to "hallucinations" but I'm sure the AI people will fix that.

Scheepers creepers, bro. That's some scary stuff. I think we all knew AI was going to change a somewhat stagnant digital world, but honestly this is coming way too sooner than most predicted. And despite this crazy hallucinations thingy holy crap that's some messed up stuff, it's still dramatically changing the dynamics of almost all tech industries.

Let's Goooo Celtics up 2-0, 2 to go.

lol. Maybe the threat of climate change might not be worth it?

Even though the RMV knows I have a Tesla the state may not be smart enough yet to pinpoint me as an EV owner. I intentionally declined getting an EV plate. You can get a special electric meter for EVs..which I also declined. The reason...that above image of being hit with special EV surcharges. I could see that coming a mile away. I'm not drawing any extra attention to myself just to get hit with a fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts

Back