The Al-Khalid I in War Thunder

Ice-Le0pard

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In light of the Al-Khalid-I being added to the popular online game War Thunder, I have begun accumulating research and documentation to make it as accurate as possible. To that end, I have a few questions which I hope this thread can answer:

What is the official designation of the HIT Taxila-produced 125mm smoothbore gun? Currently, the game erroneously lists it as the ZPT98.

Does the Al-Khalid-I utilize the PK-16 HMG as its roof-mounted 12.7mm gun or does it use the Type 54 or QJC88? In-game it currently uses the QJC88A

What are the specific names and designations of ammo utilized by the Al-Khalid-I? Currently, it is utilizing Chinese ammo and their respective designations which I have shared below.

I would ask that any information to answer this include either images or reliable documentation as the War Thunder bug report team is very picky about trusted sources.

I intend to make the first major online representation of the Al-Khalid as accurate as possible so any trusted documentation and information is welcome. If this thread proves useful, I will expand it to research other Pakistani vehicles or potential vehicles such as other Al-Khalid iterations, JF-17s (added alongside the Al-Khalid), and others.

1725303446124.png

1725303464177.png

Source:
Not Applicable
In light of the Al-Khalid-I being added to the popular online game War Thunder, I have begun accumulating research and documentation to make it as accurate as possible. To that end, I have a few questions which I hope this thread can answer:

What is the official designation of the HIT Taxila-produced 125mm smoothbore gun? Currently, the game erroneously lists it as the ZPT98.

Does the Al-Khalid-I utilize the PK-16 HMG as its roof-mounted 12.7mm gun or does it use the Type 54 or QJC88? In-game it currently uses the QJC88A

What are the specific names and designations of ammo utilized by the Al-Khalid-I? Currently, it is utilizing Chinese ammo and their respective designations which I have shared below.

I would ask that any information to answer this include either images or reliable documentation as the War Thunder bug report team is very picky about trusted sources.

I intend to make the first major online representation of the Al-Khalid as accurate as possible so any trusted documentation and information is welcome. If this thread proves useful, I will expand it to research other Pakistani vehicles or potential vehicles such as other Al-Khalid iterations, JF-17s (added alongside the Al-Khalid), and others.

View attachment 62612

View attachment 62613
Gun is based on KBA3.

Old versions used Chinese type with rcws.. newer ones prolly pk16.

Ammunition, apart from Naiza series DU rounds..

View attachment 62612

View attachment 62613
Even the VT4 aka Haider retains the HIT 125MM.

View attachment 62612

View attachment 62613

View attachment 62612

View attachment 62613
I don't believe NAZIA or any other Pakistani ammo will be added due to it being vastly inferior to DTC10-125. Everything else the other person responded with seems accurate. Currently the tank is unfinished and very buggy but this will eventually be changed later this week (hopefully), then we can make the appropriate bug reports for any inaccuraccies before this update is pushed to the live server.

I don't believe NAZIA or any other Pakistani ammo will be added due to it being vastly inferior to DTC10-125. Everything else the other person responded with seems accurate. Currently the tank is unfinished and very buggy but this will eventually be changed later this week (hopefully), then we can make the appropriate bug reports for any inaccuraccies before this update is pushed to the live server.
While I concede that Nazia may be inferior to DTC10-125, it has more to do with showcasing the tank with accurate ammo types. I would be happy to see the Type 1985-I APFSDS replaced with Nazia.

There is also the new reported round from POF by the name of Sejjeel which seems to be equal or superior to DTC10-125.

While I concede that Nazia may be inferior to DTC10-125, it has more to do with showcasing the tank with accurate ammo types. I would be happy to see the Type 1985-I APFSDS replaced with Nazia.

There is also the new reported round from POF by the name of Sejjeel which seems to be equal or superior to DTC10-125.

It's 650mm penetration power

Ok wow congrats but are they adding Pakistan tech tree into the game and is Al Khaled the only tank available in that research tree? Since I reckon everything else before it is foreign anyways?

Ok wow congrats but are they adding Pakistan tech tree into the game and is Al Khaled the only tank available in that research tree? Since I reckon everything else before it is foreign anyways?
No the Al Khalid as well as the JF-17 are being shown in the Chinese Tech Tree

View attachment 62612

View attachment 62613
The name for the gun internally (at HIT) is quite literally just “125MM Tank Gun”.

The Al-Khalid originally used the Chinese QJC-88 but nowadays they use PK-16s.

The Standard Ammo for Al-Khalid-1 is currently Locally produced 125-1 designated “APFSDS/T” along with Smaller numbers of Naiza DU, however they are or already have been in some cases replaced by the newer Sejjel APFSDS.

Gun is based on KBA3.

Old versions used Chinese type with rcws.. newer ones prolly pk16.

Ammunition, apart from Naiza series DU rounds..

Gun is not exactly based on KBA-3. There isn’t really much room for imagination in designing a 125MM 48 Caliber Gun that needs to use the existing breech designs. The design of the gun isn’t really much different to ZTP-98 or KBA3, however it was designed as both the aforementioned guns were missing a key feature the PA required (KBA-3s of that era were not chrome plated and the ZPT-98 is not front removable).

Al-Khalid has never had a proper RCWS, it just has an HMG that can be controlled internally.

Even the VT4 aka Haider retains the HIT 125MM.
It is slightly different in the VT-4, and only VT4s in PA service have them, not all VT4s. They use ZPT-98s.

Naiza* as in, Spear.

Last edited:
It is slightly different, and only VT4s in PA service have them, not all VT4s. They use ZPT-98s.
Isnt that what said?

Gun is not exactly based on KBA-3. There isn’t really much room for imagination in designing a 125MM 48 Caliber Gun that needs to use the existing breech designs. The design of the gun isn’t really much different to ZTP-98 or KBA3, however it was designed as both the aforementioned guns were missing a key feature the PA required (KBA-3s of that era were not chrome plated and the ZPT-98 is not front removable).

Al-Khalid has never had a proper RCWS, it just has an HMG that can be controlled internally.
See the AK/vt4 thread and the rcws.

The Sejjel likely has similar performance to the DTC-10-125, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s superior too, but frankly very little is known about the round other than a very rough figure of 650MM of penetration at 0 degrees at 2KM given by PoF.

Isnt that what said?
I was just clarifying that VT4s are in use in other nations as well, where they use ZPT-98, not correcting you.
See the AK/vt4 thread and the rcws.
I’m not sure what you want me to look at there, The Al-Khalid does not have an RCWS, though there are plans to equip it with a local one eventually. It has always had an internally controlled machine gun, but there’s a difference between just remotely controlling an MG and having a standalone Remote Weapons Station with its own sights and stabilization as in VT-4.

People still play this game? Gosh, what a grind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back