BRICS may create parliamentary body in future, says Putin

ety

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

BRICS may create parliamentary body in future, says Putin​

The Russian leader is confident that the BRICS Parliamentary Forum "will facilitate the process"

1423759.jpg

© Valery Sharifulin/POOL/TASS

ST. PETERSBURG, July 11. /TASS/. BRICS may create a parliamentary body in the future, Russian President Vladimir Putin said, addressing the BRICS Parliamentary Forum.

"BRICS does not yet have its own parliamentary institution," he noted. "However, I believe that the idea will definitely be implemented in the future," Putin said.

"I am confident that your forum will facilitate the process," the Russian president added.

I don't know about that. I don't think China and maybe some other BRICS+ countries are in favor of such BRICS+ parliamentary institution that will overrides the national authorities of China and other BRICS+ countries, and takes away some sovereignties of the members. I don't think China wants some kind EU parliament instilled in BRICS+. Besides, BRICS+ is a an economic org, the members have little in common in such as politics, ideology and strategic cooperation esp among some conflicting members.

Putin, who initially forced everyone to accept India as a member of BRICS, now wants to reorganize BRICS from a forum for meeting and discussing policy cooperation into a parliament. The Russians have a very clear agenda.
Putin wants to weaken China's influence in the BRICS.

Last edited:
I'm all for it.

Richard Wolff on his podcasts is already saying the BRICS plus grouping has 33% of the global GDP vs 27% owned by the G-7.

If Sawdi/ Iran/ Indonesia are pulled out from BRICS then it gets evenly balanced.

Richard Wolff on his podcasts is already saying the BRICS plus grouping has 33% of the global GDP vs 27% owned by the G-7.

If Sawdi/ Iran/ Indonesia are pulled out from BRICS then it gets evenly balanced.
Indonesia is not a member of BRICS+.

BRICS Plus account for 30% of global GDP not 33% (30.5 trillion/100.5trillion GDP) and G7 is roughly 46% of world GDP (46.3 trillion GDP)

Also, BRICS Plus have 10 members, compared to 7 on G-7. If we put G-20 minus all the BRICS countries and listed the top 10. Which would be US, Germany, Japan, UK, France, Italy, Canada, Mexico, Australia and South Korea, that group would have 52.2 trillion GDP Which is roughly 52% of the roughly 100 trillion world GDP.

BRICS cannot be a serious international organization without a joint legislative body.
And It cannot be a serious international organisation also unless until India and China are in conflicts even if you make a joint legislative body.

BRICS Plus account for 30% of global GDP not 33% (30.5 trillion/100.5trillion GDP) and G7 is roughly 46% of world GDP (46.3 trillion GDP)

Also, BRICS Plus have 10 members, compared to 7 on G-7. If we put G-20 minus all the BRICS countries and listed the top 10. Which would be US, Germany, Japan, UK, France, Italy, Canada, Mexico, Australia and South Korea, that group would have 52.2 trillion GDP Which is roughly 52% of the roughly 100 trillion world GDP.
Theys goin try pryin the Iranians and sawdi's (GCC included) away from BRICS down da road. You know it......Indonesia/ Malay are easy pickings.......low hanging fruit.

Theys goin try pryin the Iranians and sawdi's (GCC included) away from BRICS down da road. You know it......Indonesia/ Malay are easy pickings.......low hanging fruit.
As long as BRICS does not evolved into a super entity like EU, I don't see no issue where countries can't belong to BRICS while belong to a Western economic pact.

On the other hand, China will probably never going to allow BRICS to turn into a super entity like EU, because if they do, they loses control on BRICS. China will never going to allow a parliamentary level of BRICS exist.

It didn't apply yet.
Today, unofficially $1 = 27 Bric coins? Something like that no? Bro, isn’t it time to buy some? We all got spare cash……

• Haha
Reactions: ety

Users who are viewing this thread

Back