• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

US Politics

Nilgiri

INT'L MOD
Aug 4, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
A good salesman, plenty of them around. He's nothing unique. Anyway US politics is just so odd.

Yah its largely a PR exercise with associated levels of grift involved.

But thats largely par for the course these days in politics anywhere.

I've become more and more anti-politician lately.

More people need to focus on the the upstream stuff to politics for politics to then have any chance of actually cultivating some level of cohesive trust. Right now its really easy to grift in the downstream using what people want to hear, to "get back" on another political side.

Reactions: Waz

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Lol, why do you put so much emphasis on the money.

He might have people opening doors or doing favours for him, people who get to make millions invariably do, it's not necessarily innate genius and I like him so far, but you don't always have to go over the up top.
You are an American and you are asking me why am I putting so much emphesis on money? Thats ... strange to say the least.

The guy was born into basic upper middle class immigrant family. Nothing very rich. He got into Harvard. He broke into Wall St. He ran a company that became a Wall St darling. He made a billion dollar there, legally. And yet you are saying he is dumb.

Devil only knows...

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If he is a moron, he would not have remained rich or become rich in the first place.

Any tell me your opinions on the My Pillow Guy. lol, he has more money than Vivek. So tell me, is Mike Lindell a moron? lol

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Never heard of him.

lmao, what are you talking about American Politics, if you don't know who Mike Lindell is? lol

I swear the only reason you like this mofo is b/c he is Hindu. lol, its the same shit with Chinese Andrew Yang supporters, they won't admit it, but deep down, thats the reason. lol

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You are an American and you are asking me why am I putting so much emphesis on money? Thats ... strange to say the least.

The guy was born into basic upper middle class immigrant family. Nothing very rich. He got into Harvard. He broke into Wall St. He ran a company that became a Wall St darling. He made a billion dollar there, legally. And yet you are saying he is dumb.

Devil only knows...
I never said he was dumb, I already said he was good in some ways.

I just don't believe in gushing over another man in the way you do, let me repeat your problem is I don't GUSH about another man like you do, very insecure.

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
lmao, what are you talking about American Politics, if you don't know who Mike Lindell is? lol

I swear the only reason you like this mofo is b/c he is Hindu. lol, its the same shit with Chinese Andrew Yang supporters, they won't admit it, but deep down, thats the reason. lol

It's so tragically incel, not one scintilla of self awareness.

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yah its largely a PR exercise with associated levels of grift involved.

But thats largely par for the course these days in politics anywhere.

I've become more and more anti-politician lately.

More people need to focus on the the upstream stuff to politics for politics to then have any chance of actually cultivating some level of cohesive trust. Right now its really easy to grift in the downstream using what people want to hear, to "get back" on another political side.
Politics is a popularity contest for ugly people. No doubt.

One does not need to love the person to appriciate what s/he is capable of.
I mean you are asking me why I focus on money while being an American. And no, I am not interested in American politics IN GENERAL. I do love the current show being put forward. Its pretty good in past many years.

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
More because he is a second generation American and he is among the more interesting candidate in the current lot.

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I just don't believe in gushing over another man in the way you do, let me repeat your problem is I don't GUSH about another man like you do, very insecure.
My problem? I do not even live in America! I do enjoy the show that is their elections.

And yes fair point! I confused you for @hyperman for a moment. Mea Culpa!

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I mean you are asking me why I focus on money while being an American.

Money worshipping doesn't have a nationality.

More because he is a second generation American

So is Nimarate Kaur, so is Rohit Khanna, so is Andrew Gangbang Yang. who the fk cares. Why this guy? A clear grifter. lol, I thought Vivek said he doesn't like identity politics?

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So is Nimarate Kaur, so is Rohit Khanna, so is Andrew Gangbang Yang. who the fk cares. Why this guy? A clear grifter. lol, I thought Vivek said he doesn't like identity politics?
Is Ro Khanna running now? Is Yang running now? And seriously, is Kaur even 2 bit as interesting as Vivek? Besides, I already told you, I do not quite like party (wo)men.

And given that I am not american nor I live in america, its identity politics is not much of importance to me. What I enjoy is how an outsider (quite literally) and an upstart is leaving these folks running for their money and can even become a president while these folks keep on running around in circles.

Last edited:

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Money worshipping doesn't have a nationality.
Money is a measure of being able to produce results. Especially if one starts from low. Given he operated in the constrains of law, it is indeed very impressive.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Money is a measure of being able to produce results. Especially if one starts from low. Given he operated in the constrains of law, it is indeed very impressive.

Its not though, I've met/come across people who have vast amounts of weath, and not necessarily even inherited wealth, self made people, who are complete imbeciles in all other aspects of intelligence. And I've come across ricksha walas and other people with modest means who I've been astounded by in terms of their depth of knowledge of matters.

someone can be really good at one narrow thing, and be a complete idiot in everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread