Why were Arab armed forces so ineffective?

Yes the battle of 'Ain Jalut.. it was the Mamluks.. who were raised and trained as Arabs in Egypt..
Oh. Yes. It is always the brains of Ummah. Turks were a true loosers then , the Arabs man them up?

arabs are great warriors and soldier material, problem is leadership and political ecosystem that prevents that fact to flourish into the full potential.
sadly their armies mostly serve as regime keepers not as proper combat forces beside that they do not have particular vision and mission.
The conversation between someone from our country with a brigadier
" Can you show us the results of the field tests and manuals, Sir?"
" We don't any"??
" Thats impossible Sir, also you got technology transfer????"
5 minutes later
" Can we see your smelting capacity a bit better? "
" We , don't have "
" What do you mean, we don't have? We passed it by 10 minutes ago"
2 hours later, all the documents and blueprints were photographed by the simple phones
Governments????
No

Using British English variations vs American English variations is not an indicator of lack of education. Are you ok?

I'm honestly surprised a person with your sagacious acumen doesn't get the point.

It's not the lack of education, it's the importance of applying that education.

I'm honestly surprised a person with your sagacious acumen doesn't get the point.

It's not the lack of education, it's the importance of applying that education.
you had no point, just weird ramblings about legitimate spelling variations unfortunately. was quite strange to be honest. btw:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 16.23.03.png
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 16.23.44.png

I would say at this time there probably is only a single effective Arab "Army" and that is Hezbollah.

The rest, bar Egypt to a certain extent, could not fight themselves out of a paper bag.

Reasons are these armed forces are not designed to fight peers in combat but mainly for show and internal security. Prime examples are the GCC States.

It is not that Arabs cannot fight but the governments they serve under do not have an interest in creating effective fighting forces. In essence the lack of fighting ability of Arab militaries is an indictment that they do not serve governments/states with genuine popular support.

It is not that Arabs cannot fight but the governments they serve under do not have an interest in creating effective fighting forces. In essence the lack of fighting ability of Arab militaries is an indictment that they do not serve governments/states with genuine popular support.
This!

These days its not just arab but many muslim countries leaders focus on creating armed forces which will keep them in power or supress their populations, they rather make peace with external forces than stand up for what is right morally, religiously.

The arabs through history have proven what they can do when united under a single banner.

Reasons are these armed forces are not designed to fight peers in combat but mainly for show and internal security. Prime examples are the GCC States.

Well put.

And who finished the mongols..your ignorance?
Turks, Baybars was a central asian Kipchat. Mamluks were central asian and circassian slaves. The last great arab warriors of note were from the 7/8th centuries. Even Salahuddin was a Kurd, Tariq was a Berber.

you had no point, just weird ramblings about legitimate spelling variations unfortunately. was quite strange to be honest. btw:

View attachment 39193
View attachment 39194

No point? Weird ramblings? lol Wow, things are much worse than I originally thought. I actually thought you were a rather intelligent individual and deserved immediate respect, even looked forward to your posts and replies in several subjects including the IRIAF and Gaza. But your rebuttal to my answer in the latter's thread was a sign of your true intentions, ma man.

That's ok. I even gave you the respect you deserved -- and still will -- despite disagreeing with your opinion since I understood where you were coming from and how you were trying to shape a certain narrative to suit your motives using that most unfortunate Gaza genocide. Like I said, we can certainly agree to disagree and move on.

But what you're doing here by replying with comments like "are you ok" and "ramblings with no point" is making surprisingly immature comments. Nothing of substance because it's now clear to me you're either incapable of understanding what was clearly said, or you chose not to. Don't get too angry now with your reply and dig that hole even deeper. We can still save the day. (y)

The West makes sure the Arabs are always weaker than Israelis. Arabs therefore combined can never be more powerful than Israel in a Western dominated world.

But what you're doing here by replying with comments like "are you ok" and "ramblings with no point" is making surprisingly immature comments. Nothing of substance because it's now clear to me you're either incapable of understanding what was clearly said, or you chose not to. Don't get too angry now with your reply and dig that hole even deeper. We can still save the day. (y)
the first shows bemusement the second is candid and succinct. wouldn't it be easier for you to admit British English variations of words exist and are equally valid? I really don't understand your point

the first shows bemusement the second is candid and succinct. wouldn't it be easier for you to admit British English variations of words exist and are equally valid? I really don't understand your point

British variations of words do exist but are not valid in reputable published literature which I already explained thoroughly in my original post. Unfortunately, you didn't bother reading it through. I even explained how the word cannot be spelled in that goofy British variation in other usages such as "defensive" and "defensible" etc. Sorry, don't want to keep repeating this.

And that wasn't the only word. "Armoured" is a disgrace for any author to any subject at any level lol. Add that to the obvious bias and hypocrisy in the totality of the article (which I also thoroughly explained) and that makes it not credible, at least to me which is all that matters as far as I'm concerned. If anyone else disagrees with that which there was, that's perfectly fine. I can't force you; you can't force me; agree to disagree and goodnight, Irene.

British variations of words do exist but are not valid in reputable published literature
with respect, this is an very stupid thing to say. you think British literature must use another country's version of the English language in order to be reputable...?
which I already explained thoroughly in my original post. Unfortunately, you didn't bother reading it through. I even explained how the word cannot be spelled in that goofy British variation in other usages such as "defensive" and "defensible" etc. Sorry, don't want to keep repeating this.
Unfortunately I did read it ...

Just because defence becomes defensive doesn't mean defence is not valid
And that wasn't the only word. "Armoured" is a disgrace for any author to any subject at any level lol.
No, it isn't... Armour and armoured is a perfectly normal and valid British English word. You seem to be accustomed to American English spelling variations and oddly think any British English variations are inherently wrong... I have never seen this before

@Waz settle this for us ;)

This is a sad thread.

The majority of us are well wishers of Arabs as being fellow Muslims.

This defensive mindset by some is counterproductive.

Take the criticism and seek to improve your situation.

It is beyond obvious at this point the state of the Arab world.

And for the matter the Muslim world.

Utter and complete humiliation, hypocrisy and weakness.

It’s shameful.

Anyways, we are all powerless here but that article did bring up good points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back