1st HANGOR Class Submarine of Pakistan Navy has been launched at Shuangliu

There is nothing special about SLBM except the launcy platform. Our penaids deployed on the Shaheen series will be effective against "mid course" inteceptors as well.
And tell me how our Shaheen series are effective against mid-course ABM systems? Please explain

The French gave Transfer of Technology for those Agosta-90B submarines.
Lets hope China gives Transfer of Technology for its diesel electric submarines at the least.
Hi,

We did not do sh-it with Augusta TOT---. It won't be different with Chinese subs---.

This technology would be of no use in the next level subs after the Hangor class are built---.

It is estimated China is building 2-3 Type 093B a year at the moment. These have VLS.

View attachment 36727
I don't know if these VLS carry only 18 cruise missiles or more. Because going for a nuclear submarine which carries only 18 VLS is not feasible or makes any sense.

No it's not these are Chinese strategic tech they won't gives damn to us
Even when you were asking for Hangoor they offered nuclear ones. You chose Type 39. Also, even if we can afford, I don't think China's Nuclear Submarines specially the ones which can carry cruise missiles are at that level that we should get them. Ballistic Missile ones for nuclear deterrence could come maybe 3 or at best 4. But those who carry cruise missiles in large numbers for conventional strikes which I would love to see in our Navy they are a distant reality.

Yep ... or at least the requisite infrastructure, personnel, and prior knowledge to develop one if given the consistent funding. Likewise for overcoming the technical challenges of integrating a miniature reactor into a submarine design. The issue is leadership (or lack thereof), financial constraints, and lack of ambition to shape external realities.

My assumption is that there must be extensive theoretical work done on this. Practical steps, however, are different thing. Theoretically, you can develop a modular submarine with a future option to bisect it and wedge in a compartment with nuclear reactor. There are few international studies on this, I believe, but nothing of practical was ever done, to the best of my knowledge. But the French Rubis-class can be taken as an example of a smaller nuclear powered submarine, almost of the same size as Agosta. These Hangos are much larger.

Even when you were asking for Hangoor they offered nuclear ones. You chose Type 39. Also, even if we can afford, I don't think China's Nuclear Submarines specially the ones which can carry cruise missiles are at that level that we should get them. Ballistic Missile ones for nuclear deterrence could come maybe 3 or at best 4. But those who carry cruise missiles in large numbers for conventional strikes which I would love to see in our Navy they are a distant reality.

China offered nuclear submarines to Pakistan and Pakistan insisted on the Hangor class? Brother, what are you smoking?

China offered nuclear submarines to Pakistan and Pakistan insisted on the Hangor class? Brother, what are you smoking?
Brother go study China's nuclear submarines. We for now don't have SLBM program. Secondly China's Cruise missile Submarines are still not on that level that we should opt for them. Bother to study things. USA and Russian SSN carry more than 100 cruise missiles in their VLS systems and China has no sub with VLS for cruise missiles. You clearly have no clue about China's submarines.

Brother go study China's nuclear submarines. We for now don't have SLBM program. Secondly China's Cruise missile Submarines are still not on that level that we should opt for them. Bother to study things. USA and Russian SSN carry more than 100 cruise missiles in their VLS systems and China has no sub with VLS for cruise missiles. You clearly have no clue about China's submarines.

The question I asked you was in regards to the claim the Chinese offered nuclear submarines to Pakistan.

The question I asked you was in regards to the claim the Chinese offered nuclear submarines to Pakistan.
Yes those were offered. But for our now needs are fulfilled with Hangoor class and right now China's nuclear submarines are getting better but there is still time to reach there. We are not interested in nuclear submarines which lack VLS to carry cruise missiles. Using torpedo tubes for cruise missiles than Hangoor or Type 39 is more than enough

China has 093b attack nuclear submarines equipped with 16 vertical launch units, achieving division of labor between torpedo and missile systems. These vertical launch devices can not only launch submarine launched anti-ship missiles such as Yj-84, but also more advanced Yj-18A submarine launched missiles with a range of over 650 kilometers, making it the deepest underwater cruise missile currently in service by the People's Liberation Army; In addition, the yj-18A also has a 360 degree omnidirectional attack capability, which can launch and ignite underwater, achieving ultra-low altitude sea crossing penetration, making the enemy unavoidable.The yj18a is currently the most advanced submarine launched cruise missile that we have publicly exposed, and its ship version is also equipped on the 055/052d destroyer.Screenshot_20240428_144041_Baidu.jpgScreenshot_20240428_144921_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
China is also a cruise missile producing country, but unlike India, which heavily promotes Brahmus, China has a JY12 full range supersonic cruise missile similar to Brahmus, which is mainly equipped in the air force to play its maximum role. The destroyers and attack nuclear submarines of the Chinese Navy, as well as the commonly used cruise missiles and ballistic missiles, must be vertically launched. They are YJ18 and YJ21, which are still tactical killer weapons of China. Currently, China exports YJ12 at this level.The Hangore class submarines are already the high-level conventional submarines that China can provide, while nuclear submarines are basically the strategic weapons of every country. In China, their level of confidentiality is even higher than that of aircraft carriers
H6 carrying yj12
Screenshot_20240428_152121_Baidu.jpg

Last edited:
China has 093b attack nuclear submarines equipped with 16 vertical launch units, achieving division of labor between torpedo and missile systems. These vertical launch devices can not only launch submarine launched anti-ship missiles such as Yj-84, but also more advanced Yj-18A submarine launched missiles with a range of over 650 kilometers, making it the deepest underwater cruise missile currently in service by the People's Liberation Army; In addition, the yj-18A also has a 360 degree omnidirectional attack capability, which can launch and ignite underwater, achieving ultra-low altitude sea crossing penetration, making the enemy unavoidable.The yj18a is currently the most advanced submarine launched cruise missile that we have publicly exposed, and its ship version is also equipped on the 055/052d destroyer.View attachment 36761View attachment 36762
When we ordered Hangoor these were not even close to being ready. In fact they were made recently

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back