$7.5 billion Sukhoi fighter upgrade begins, to involve Indian private sector in big way

Yeah I believe the project for upscaled version of Uttam to integrate with Su 30 was started several years ago.

The Indian Air Force (IAF) has started a significant modernization journey, aiming to upgrade its fleet of Su-30MKI aircraft in a phased manner. With 260 Su-30MKIs currently in service, the first phase will see 80 of these fighter jets receiving state-of-the-art enhancements, marking a pivotal step in bolstering India’s aerial combat capabilities.

Bro do you have any idea like when we will have our first upgraded bird in service?

@harpyl @MirageBlue @harpy1

Specific mention here that before that before 2019 the plan was to bring Su 57 tech into Su 30. The plan was scrapped after IAF exited the NGFA.
No Sukhoi-57.... I think the plan was to make it on par with Sukhoi-35...

Why are they only upgrading 80 planes why not 160
Are they planning to retire the rest with Amca Rafale etc

The rest of the aircraft will be upgraded subsequently. Please be patient, my friend.

I didn't rrealize IAF needed your permission to proceed with projects.

Surely not, but instead of doing it it is once again feeding the fan-community like you which is alone satisfied by claims like „we started development“ … what in the end comes out, when ever it is developed and even more if fielded is irrelevant since per some fan-boys‘ wet-dreams here, such an announcement is equal to the capabilities of an in-service system after years!

Again, they can do whatever they want, but like I just posted a few days ago … to post such reports as if the „Indian way in the long term to develop an indigenous Flanker variant with indigenous systems and weapons in comparison to China is better and more successful even more on the way to develop next generation fighters“ is ridiculous when China has such an indigenous version since decades, is fielding 5th generation fighters en masse and India again ist still posting „future plans“. If this satisfies you, then all is fine. :whistle:

Surely not, but instead of doing it it is once again feeding the fan-community like you which is alone satisfied by claims like „we started development“ … what in the end comes out, when ever it is developed and even more if fielded is irrelevant since per some fan-boys‘ wet-dreams here, such an announcement is equal to the capabilities of an in-service system after years!

Again, they can do whatever they want, but like I just posted a few days ago … to post such reports as if the „Indian way in the long term to develop an indigenous Flanker variant with indigenous systems and weapons in comparison to China is better and more successful even more on the way to develop next generation fighters“ is ridiculous when China has such an indigenous version since decades, is fielding 5th generation fighters en masse and India again ist still posting „future plans“. If this satisfies you, then all is fine. :whistle:

Dont worry, as long as they have "plans" in place they can take on the world.....

what feeding fan base? They already have AESA Radars flying in Netra systems. Who exactly has doubts on their ability to deliver on this?
You just have. habit of talking general and vague nonsense.

Maybe GaAs in first batch of 80, then GaN in the next 80. Rest of the 100 will be 30+ years old by 2030s so better just leave them and build 2*115kN ORCA Jets in 2040s.

Maybe GaAs in first batch of 80, then GaN in the next 80. Rest of the 100 will be 30+ years old by 2030s so better just leave them and build 2*115kN ORCA Jets in 2040s.

Besides you need production facilities for multiple classes of radars now
LCA - the AESA has already been integrated and test flown I believe
Su 30 - A larger version which will be tested soon
Netra etc.- new orders being placed by IAF

Manufacturing 100s of Radar units per year will need upscaling of production. You need time for that stuff. But it's ok I guess because verall it saves us billions.

what feeding fan base? They already have AESA Radars flying in Netra systems. Who exactly has doubts on their ability to deliver on this?
You just have. habit of talking general and vague nonsense.

Yes they have, but how many? And still again, yes you have a few prototype Uttam AESAs flying, but still none has been fitted to any operational Tejas, not even a single Mk.1A has been handed over, none of these MKI-upsized Utamm-XL radars are ready and you are bragging around as if it is a proven system, in service since years and in numbers.

Yes they have, but how many? And still again, yes you have a few prototype Uttam AESAs flying, but still none has been fitted to any operational Tejas, not even a single Mk.1A has been handed over, none of these MKI-upsized Utamm-XL radars are ready and you are bragging around as if it is a proven system, in service since years and in numbers.

It's been cleared for production. So why should I wonder if they have the capability? You're trying to make it look like it's some paper project where no development has been done. And as for Netra, as many have been ordered are flying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts

Back