$7.5 billion Sukhoi fighter upgrade begins, to involve Indian private sector in big way

It's been cleared for production. So why should I wonder if they have the capability? You're trying to make it look like it's some paper project where no development has been done. And as for Netra, as many have been ordered are flying.
Let him be, his day isn't complete unless his daily dose of cribbing about India isn't done. Best ignore him and move on.

It's been cleared for production. So why should I wonder if they have the capability? You're trying to make it look like it's some paper project where no development has been done. And as for Netra, as many have been ordered are flying.

It is not in production yet, not even operational. Deino is completely right

You are correct Yasser and Deino
The Uttam Aesa equipped Tejas mark1a and Super su30mki upgraded fighter only count when operational and in service

EXACTLY what we tell you with J31 which is still developing stage.and not in service with any airforce yet alone available for export to Pakistan . 5/10 years away

I said 'cleared for production' because by May it had completed the flight tests and go ahead. You won't understand this because it's complex stuff and needs reading comprehension etc.

Along with object permanence, knowing alphabet etc.

I said 'cleared for production' because by May it had completed the flight tests and go ahead. You won't understand this because it's complex stuff and needs reading comprehension etc.

Along with object permanence, knowing alphabet etc.

Guess one knows one has lost when the personal insults come out

You are correct Yasser and Deino
The Uttam Aesa equipped Tejas mark1a and Super su30mki upgraded fighter only count when operational and in service

EXACTLY what we tell you with J31 which is still developing stage.and not in service with any airforce yet alone available for export to Pakistan . 5/10 years away

Closer to 5 I would say, but anyway , it is on the roadmap and PAF in god position for 5th gen

Haaawww ! What else is not in production and not even operational but will join PAF very soon !

Closer to 5 I would say, but anyway , it is on the roadmap and PAF in god position for 5th gen

How you work out good position
Your at mercy of another countries good will
Surly
The last time I checked they are withholding investment on cpec
So don't be so confident
About china they have their sole interest only

Surly
So don't be so confident

Haaawww ! What else is not in production and not even operational but will join PAF very soon !

The USA is looking to cancel the NGFD on cost grounds to developed buy and maintain because these things cosy three times the cost to fly per hour
New labour govt in UK is reviewing Tempest to possible canxel.or look.st euro programme to reduce cost

But according to Yasser Pakistan tiny resource is well placed over UK and India who have massive resources in comparison

And his super confident 😉🤣🤣

Surly
So don't be so confident

Yes, your pinning your hopes on 70 year old close China - Pak relationship coming to an end rather then the IAF. Sums it up

The USA is looking to cancel the NGFD on cost grounds to developed buy and maintain because these things cosy three times the cost to fly per hour
New labour govt in UK is reviewing Tempest to possible canxel.or look.st euro programme to reduce cost

But according to Yasser Pakistan tiny resource is well placed over UK and India who have massive resources in comparison

And his super confident 😉🤣🤣

Chinese resource will out develop and manufacture India and the UK.....

Chinese resource will out develop and manufacture India and the UK.....

What does this have to do with Pakistani claims of j31etc
I'm questioning your ability to not just acquire fifth generation fighter but Also maintain and fly them them due to cost

It must be crippling your economy

What does this have to do with Pakistani claims of j31etc
I'm questioning your ability to not just acquire fifth generation fighter but Also maintain and fly them them due to cost

It must be crippling your economy

Probably, and thanks for worrying about our economy, till it crumbles we will just carry on collecting IAF tails...

India's 'Super' Sukhoi Upgrade Project Heads to PM-Led Panel for Final Nod​

NEW DELHI - India has finalized its ambitious plan to modernize its fleet of Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jets, aiming to significantly enhance their combat capabilities and extend their service life for another three decades.

The Ministry of Defence has prepared a "draft note" for approval by the Prime Minister-led Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS). The proposal outlines a comprehensive upgrade for the initial batch of 84 Sukhoi jets, with a total estimated cost of around Rs 63,000 crore. This includes the entire design and development phase, according to sources.

The upgraded "Super" Sukhois are expected to rival fifth-generation fighter jets in terms of capabilities, with the exception of stealth technology. They will also incorporate manned-unmanned teaming (MUM-T) capability, allowing them to operate in conjunction with advanced autonomous drones using artificial intelligence and data links, thus increasing mission effectiveness. The Indian Air Force (IAF) aims to keep these upgraded Sukhois in service until 2055.

The IAF currently operates 260 Sukhois, most of which were license-produced by HAL under a deal with Russia worth over $12 billion. These aircraft form the backbone of the IAF's combat fleet. An additional order for 12 new Sukhois and associated equipment, costing around Rs 11,500 crore, has been placed to replace those lost in accidents over the years.

Looking to the Future​

Looking ahead, sources indicate that within the next 15 years, India will have developed its own fifth-generation fighter, the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA). The futuristic technologies from the AMCA project will then be incorporated into the subsequent tranche of Sukhoi upgrades following the initial 84 jets.

The current upgrade project will equip the Sukhois with indigenous 'Virupaksha' advanced electronically scanned array (AESA) radars, significantly increasing their detection range compared to the existing Russian radars.

This enhanced capability will allow the Sukhois to utilize longer-range weapons such as the Astra-3 air-to-air missile, which boasts a beyond-visual-range of 350 km.

While the IAF is currently inducting Astra-1 missiles (110 km range), the DRDO is developing the Astra-2 (160 km range) and Astra-3 (with solid fuel ducted ramjet propulsion) variants.

Indigenous Systems at the Core​

Apart from the fly-by-wire system, all other electronics in the upgraded Sukhois will be indigenous. This includes all three mission computers with improved algorithms. Overall, of the 51 systems to be upgraded, 30 will be developed by HAL, 13 by DRDO, and eight by the private sector.

In addition to the planned upgrades, multiple Sukhoi squadrons have already been modified to carry the air-to-ground BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.

The BrahMos missile's range has been extended from 290 km to 500 km, and a variant with an 800 km range is also being tested.

The modernization of the Sukhoi-30MKI fleet represents a significant step in India's ongoing efforts to enhance its indigenous defence capabilities and maintain a strong air defence posture in the region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back