Egyptian Armed Forces

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Anyone have that pic of that one missile that looked like an AIM-7 Sparrow with a completely new front housing, almost all-glass? If anyone has it, please post it, I'd like to take another good look at it.

Ghostkiller

Dec 17, 2023
Anyone have that pic of that one missile that looked like an AIM-7 Sparrow with a completely new front housing, almost all-glass? If anyone has it, please post it, I'd like to take another good look at it.
1648926703886-png.829790

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Excellent, thank you ya basha. (y)

We also know that is in fact mounted on an EAF F-16 and not a different aircraft just for the record because the original format of that same pic is further back where you can see the entire aircraft and the two pilots standing there. This is a cropped-up version of that pic.

Ghostkiller

Dec 17, 2023
Excellent, thank you ya basha. (y)

We also know that is in fact mounted on an EAF F-16 and not a different aircraft just for the record because the original format of that same pic is further back where you can see the entire aircraft and the two pilots standing there. This is a cropped-up version of that pic.
There is something, I don't understand. Why we said that is modified? Maybe it is just the angle which made us think that is modified. The photo is taken approximately in front of the missile tip so the angle can play in our perception of the missile

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There is something, I don't understand. Why we said that is modified? Maybe it is just the angle which made us think that is modified. The photo is taken approximately in front of the missile tip so the angle can play in our perception of the missile

Or photoshopped, I certainly thought of that possibility. But that tip does look quite different from a typical Sparrow missile. It's almost the same as the AIM-120, all white but a bit shorter in length.

1718115000288.png

From the front it's distinctly different than the "pic" one.

1718115121443.png

1718115190391.png

Granted the AIM-7 in the pic above this EAF one looks a bit different with shorted frontal fins that the typically longer ones, but it also shows how those fins are also interchangeable for different purposes as they can be installed on the missiles pre-flight. This is another frontal view (why I posted that one pic) to get the same angle as the EAF one.

1718116192837.png

It seems a lot pointier, too, right?

1718116244357.png

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It almost looks like the tip is offset to missile. It's higher, or above the center line of the missile's body and then there's what appears to be a glass lens or something filling the void below that's created when the tip is elevated.

The bottom arrow.
1718116917471.png

It could very well be a super-imposed image, especially looking at this line, here:

1718117152000.png

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Egypt is looking to achieve air superiority by acquiring more combat aircraft and ground-based missile defense systems
1717996854432.jpeg

Facing threats across the region, Egypt is looking to achieve air superiority through more fixed-wing military aircraft and ground-based missile defense systems.

Arab Defense Website June 5, 2024: Egypt’s latest list of acquisitions of defense platforms indicates its great need to secure its airspace in the region. The Egyptian government is also seeking to acquire 46 F-15 aircraft from the United States, as the US ban on Russian military systems has prevented Egypt from obtaining Sukhoi Su-35 aircraft in 2021, aircraft that will now go to Iran.

So 46 F-15s is what Egypt wants, right? That's good, I have a proposition: 👇

The other story: The United States offered to provide F-15 aircraft, and Egypt requested AIM-260 missiles as long-range missiles.
The third story is that Egypt will get rid of the Russian SU-35 fighters in exchange for F-15 fighters, and Egypt will give Ukraine MIG-29M fighters in exchange for Egypt getting the development of F-16 fighters, as well as a new batch of F-16 BLOCK 72 fighters.

I would strongly consider that. Naturally the AIM-260 would be out of the question no matter what was offered by Egypt in return, including all the proceeds from the revenues of the Suez Canal and all the huge revenues from all the tourism included loool. But that's ok, we'll take the AIM-120D (or even C-5/7) and be perfectly happy with that as long as there are no restrictions on any of the potential MBDA weapons. That's out of the question.

So:
- no more Russian aircraft from here on
- no more Chinese weapons systems, either
- still maintain SAM & armor systems relations
- give up the MiG-29Ms to Ukraine
- in return for 46 F-15EX
- including AIM-120(X) & AIM-9X (CMs?)
- new batch of F-16 Vipers
- total upgrade of existing F-16s (MLU) + Viper
- also including AMRAAMs (no ALRAAMs)
- no restrictions with MBDA & other European suppliers
- No usage restrictions except for the zionist entity
- that's already included in the peace treaty
- but usage can be permitted if attacked by the zionist entity

Go from there. Would you take that deal? What about the rest of the fellas here? I'd love to hear anyone & everyone's opinions because I would have to at least strongly consider such a proposition since there are many other potential benefits that would be quite possible with an agreement like that, such as moving into the next generation of weapons' technology.

Granted we would lose any flexibility of acquiring any more new weapons from both, Russia & China, but on the other hand, if say things like the F-35 would most likely still be off-limits, other things wouldn't such as 5th & 6th generation platforms from say South Korea and the KAI KF-21 Boramae or any of the other developing systems.

Are the benefits of a complete alliance with the US & the west a better option than with the East, primarily Russia & China, or a combination thereof? That would also come with heavy restrictions as is the case now? We'd have to still include clauses that would keep allowing Egypt to purchase the upgrades of the other Russian & Chinese systems such as all the SAM & armor systems. Is that a better, stronger and longer-term option than the status quo?

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

I would strongly consider that. Naturally the AIM-260 would be out of the question no matter what was offered by Egypt in return, including all the proceeds from the revenues of the Suez Canal and all the huge revenues from all the tourism included loool. But that's ok, we'll take the AIM-120D (or even C-5/7) and be perfectly happy with that as long as there are no restrictions on any of the potential MBDA weapons. That's out of the question.

So:

Go from there. Would you take that deal? What about the rest of the fellas here? I'd love to hear anyone & everyone's opinions because I would have to at least strongly consider such a proposition since there are many other potential benefits that would be quite possible with an agreement like that, such as moving into the next generation of weapons' technology.

Granted we would lose any flexibility of acquiring any more new weapons from both, Russia & China, but on the other hand, if say things like the F-35 would most likely still be off-limits, other things wouldn't such as 5th & 6th generation platforms from say South Korea and the KAI KF-21 Boramae or any of the other developing systems.

Are the benefits of a complete alliance with the US & the west a better option than with the East, primarily Russia & China, or a combination thereof? That would also come with heavy restrictions as is the case now? We'd have to still include clauses that would keep allowing Egypt to purchase the upgrades of the other Russian & Chinese systems such as all the SAM & armor systems. Is that a better, stronger and longer-term option than the status quo?
Not sure..unless the US offer some TOT too..

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not sure..unless the US offer some TOT too..

That's fair. I'm thinking along the same lines as Saudi Arabia. Granted there's a HUGE financial & natural resource disparity loool but still, the concept is what I'm referring to. It's basically done the same thing, sort of pledged allegiance to western systems and has GREATLY benefited from that. This would be akin to that, right along the same lines.

Would enjoy hearing what others honestly think about that, Ghost, Ramses, Sami, Parallel and even our Pakistani & Indian any other bros. Let it rip!

Ghostkiller

Dec 17, 2023

So:

Debatable also. No one can deny the quality of the American Military Complex but the problem is the cost of the equipments. They are very high and we can't buy them in mass. Secondly, look at the UAE, KSA etc... they are doing exactly what we are doing which to have multiple supplier for each branch. The problem is that US will never change its stances with us. They give us the AIM-120 but they will give to our neighbor the latest BVR missile (the range is like 200km) etc... So we will be in the same position.

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Fighter deals Egypt 46 F-15 Israel 25 F-35 Is the small Rafale fighter the secret of the Egyptian commander’s visit to Serbia?

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Debatable also. No one can deny the quality of the American Military Complex but the problem is the cost of the equipments. They are very high and we can't buy them in mass. Secondly, look at the UAE, KSA etc... they are doing exactly what we are doing which to have multiple supplier for each branch. The problem is that US will never change its stances with us. They give us the AIM-120 but they will give to our neighbor the latest BVR missile (the range is like 200km) etc... So we will be in the same position.

That's a good point, but that's ok because notice I made sure to include no restrictions to any MBDA acquisitions, and if all goes as planned, the EAF will have the Meteor and that is a perfect counter to the AIM-260, if not better. So that should be ok.

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That's fair. I'm thinking along the same lines as Saudi Arabia. Granted there's a HUGE financial & natural resource disparity loool but still, the concept is what I'm referring to. It's basically done the same thing, sort of pledged allegiance to western systems and has GREATLY benefited from that. This would be akin to that, right along the same lines.

Would enjoy hearing what others honestly think about that, Ghost, Ramses, Sami, Parallel and even our Pakistani & Indian any other bros. Let it rip!
If status of Palestine remains status quo meaning that there is always possibility that you would be dragged in war with them then strong no, in this case you should emulate turkish approach if the west wants you to play role "intended" for Egypt in regional affairs, drain them as much as could without depriving yourself of agency and good relations with other world powers.
Give civilian industry more breath from army and direct them in dual use spheres of industries, that would be your biggest strategic ally in future.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If status of Palestine remains status quo meaning that there is always possibility that you would be dragged in war with them then strong no, in this case you should emulate turkish approach if the west wants you to play role "intended" for Egypt in regional affairs, drain them as much as could without depriving yourself of agency and good relations with other world powers.
Give civilian industry more breath from army and direct them in dual use spheres of industries, that would be your biggest strategic ally in future.

That's quite profound, my friend. I honestly don't think the zionist are in any way, shape or form interested in dragging Egypt into a war with them, regardless of their super duper alliance with the United States and the empowerment that alliance gives them. There is still a peace agreement that they must abide by. And while they've pushed the limits of that agreement with their recent incursion of the Philedelphi Corridor, it's still not at the level of an act of war, not even close TBPH.

And to be even more honest with you, it would be really difficult for any Egyptian leader (especially Sisi as you quite well know) to base any developmental aspirations on the occupation of Palestine. As harsh and as insensitive as that sounds, it's the reality and something any good leader would most certainly struggle with.

But I like how you brought it to the table. Certainly something to think about for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread