Five decades after Pakistan’s recognition of Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
That figure of 3 million has so polluted this tragedy in the telling. The BD government should come out with a strong and definitive statement squashing that ridiculous figure.

We should all ourselves also repel exaggerations. That even one of them was raped is a crime against humanity. That three lakhs, perhaps, were raped is unbearable. At least, however, let us speak of stark reality.

Yeah, actual numbers of dead was around 250k-300k. And the rape figure is around 25k-40k.

many more brits died at the hands of Germans but they are now close allies.

Compared to that pak snd bd was chicken feed.

Move on!

We have a common enemy to tame!!!

I would disagree here that India is a common enemy here.

While BD nation will always support Pakistan over the Kashmir issue we do not see India as an enemy country.

Pakistani newspaper

Pakistani General wanted to change Bangladeshi race through RAPE .

Pakistan’s name has been blackened by just one man: General AAK ‘Tiger’ Niazi. According to a new book by Oxford University Press, he is supposed to have pronounced the words that even Genghis Khan would have hesitated to use: that he would let loose his soldiers on the women of East Pakistan till the lineage/ethnicity of the Bengali race was changed.

Please can you change the record?

It has been over 50 years and those that were the major instigators of the breakup are now dead anyway.

Like I say India has nothing to fear from closer BD and Pakistan relations.

Islam gives us a common uniting factor and that is why both Pakistanis and BD'shis are passionate about what is happening in Gaza right now.

I am sorry, this is insensitive and foolish. Please have some concern for the tragedy and those who suffered, this is not a subject for an academic debate.

Exaggerating the numbers has stopped the healing. Part of which would be to get closure for the bereaved.

Instead it is used as political football by BAL!

I would disagree here that India is a common enemy here.

While BD nation will always support Pakistan over the Kashmir issue we do not see India as an enemy country.

The 24/7 hate by leading BJP figures makes it difficult to see them as anything different.

Remember, BD also did not see Burma as an enemy country.

Hinduvta is even more capable of genocide than Burmese Buddhists.

The 24/7 hate by leading BJP figures makes it difficult to see them as anything different.

Remember, BD also did not see Burma as an enemy country.

Hinduvta is even more capable of genocide than Burmese Buddhists.

Comeon, Barmans were always known as savages.

Hinduvta Indians are mild in comparison to that lot.

Comeon, Barmans were always known as savages.

Hinduvta Indians are mild in comparison to that lot.

Read the economist to understand how Hinduvta is systematically murdering Muslims in India.

And how it has become the epicentre of hate towards Muslims.

90% of the fake news and vile videos about Muslims emanate from India.

You are underestimating the threat.

We should treat them as USA treats China.

Trade, yes!

Cooperation, no!

None of them should be allowed BD citizenship.
Don't worry they don't want Bangladeshi citizenship, as you already saw they were offered, but didn't accept!

But that shouldn't be a problem for them to convert to Awami league religion ( based on Noah's Ark by a Awami moulovi ) one day, as already Salman F Rahman is the adviser of Sheikh Hasina!

Bangladesh and Pakistan are destined to reunite.
Are you guys going to get this noble (!?) job done? Then what was the point of incessant ranting about so called spirit of freedom war? Only to divide and rule Bangladeshi people? I'm not sure if you are truly a sane person!

Smart Bengalis will run the economy and social space.
Smart Bengalis from smart Bangladesh? Like this one right?

Dude! No one in Bangladesh believes millions died.

Maybe 30,000.

Look at the reception pak cricket team gets in BD.

Ask Imran Khan!
Hello sir , from where do you get this figure? Yes I know that 3M is a mistake by Shekikh Mujib, but it should be closely 3 lakh!

Now you are making the figure just 30000? It's closer to Hamudur Rahman commission report ,which is actually the official figure of Pakistan govt!

Are you for real? Come on!
For me to believe 300k - you have to give me names.
Then why don't you give us the names of 30000 names? Do you think your Peyara Tikka Khan , Nizai and others handed over the independence to us at a dinner table?

Ps - I have no slightest bad feeling to Pakistan because of 1971 war , because in a war people from both side can suffer heavy loss!

But this @BananaRepublic guy is just spouting nonsense!

Last edited:
Mujib said 300,000 died in all sides and this was mistranslated to 3 million, and so those with an agenda then ran with this vastly inflated number.

No, Mujib said 30 lakhs.

Mujib said 300,000 died in all sides and this was mistranslated to 3 million, and so those with an agenda then ran with this vastly inflated number.

It could be that 2-3 million people died from the effects and aftermath of the war, like hunger and disease.

OTOH i have no extended family members who actually was killed in the war. But maybe the district where my family comes from werent as much affected. But yeah 3 000 000 killed sounds a bit too high IMO.

It could be that 2-3 million people died from the effects and aftermath of the war, like hunger and disease.

OTOH i have no extended family members who actually was killed in the war. But maybe the district where my family comes from werent as much affected. But yeah 3 000 000 killed sounds a bit too high IMO.

So 3 M is not only high but it's hilarious! This 3m figure actually made us laughing stock , hence it has no international recognition!

Exaggeration is actually nature of our people! Search YouTube you will find a video where Sheikh Mujib claimed that west Pakistanis demolished 25-30 millions of houses!

My question is , how is it possible when East Pakistan had 75 millions of people?

However 3 lakhs from both side really make sense! But it's never 30000 as someone ( a Bangladeshi) claimed! In the end Pakistanis didn't gift our freedom to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back