Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Some German Jews say their country goes too far defending Israel​

And they find themselves attacked for antisemitism

Iris Hefets arrest
image: YouTube
Jan 4th 2024 | BERLIN

What do an Indian poet, an Australian political scientist, an Irish folk troupe, a British architect, a Bangladeshi photographer, an American historian of the Holocaust, a Chilean composer, an Israeli-Austrian playwright, a Dutch footballer, a German-Nigerian journalist, a Palestinian novelist, a South African artist and Bernie Sanders, the American senator, have in common? All of them—and many others, too—have in the past three months found themselves abruptly cancelled in Germany. The reasons cited for pulling the plug on their shows, grants, contracts, awards or meetings with public officials have varied slightly. Yet all hang on a single fear: that these disinvited people, quite a few of whom happen to be Jewish, might have said something that someone might see as antisemitic.
German ultra-squeamishness about antisemitism did not begin on October 7th, the day Hamas gunmen from Gaza launched a murderous rampage that left 1,200 Israelis dead. There is a context, beginning obviously with the Nazi regime’s murder of 6m European Jews. One answer to that horror by subsequent generations of Germans has been to embrace the creation of Israel as a “happy ending” to their own national nightmare. Over time, says Eyal Weizmann, the British-Israeli leader of Forensic Architecture, a research group that has probed antisemitic attacks in Germany as well as Israeli human-rights violations, Germans have come to see any challenge to this redemption myth as something akin to committing a sin.

Most of them repeatedly, stand with Palestine against Israel, and Israel is widely reviled and detested

For which case?

Because most of them are being tricked by PAlestinian supporter. they think Palestinian is fighting to get freedom in access of border.

You are too exaggerative. Only view countries accuse Israel as apartheid.

Yes time is changing, but for how long Gazan people can endure suffering for this?

They are widely despised

Even in the UN votes,, it's incredibly one sided support for Palestine

It only tends to be the U.S and a bunch of white nation supporting the Jews

PALESTINIANS will RESIST they are Muslims and they have faith, they will not go down like native Americans or aborigines

The suffering of the Palestinians will only make the Jews more despised which they will pay for in the end

If people like you take lion share of the population of a land without state, then yes you and your people can declare so.

No you can't,, why would buying some land or houses allow me to declare a state

What kind of dumb shit is this??

For which case?

Because most of them are being tricked by PAlestinian supporter. they think Palestinian is fighting to get freedom in access of border.

No one is being tricked, everyone can see what the Jews are like
Everyone can see what a monstrous apartheid state Israel is

They are widely despised

Even in the UN votes,, it's incredibly one sided support for Palestine

It only tends to be the U.S and a bunch of white nation supporting the Jews

PALESTINIANS will RESIST they are Muslims and they have faith, they will not go down like native Americans or aborigines

The suffering of the Palestinians will only make the Jews more despised which they will pay for in the end

Again, they support for ceasefire, or support to let gaza people free to exit/enter border and get access to resources.

They dont support their PAlestinian aspiration to rule from river to sea by eliminating ISrael which is genocide or human tragedy to its core.

No you can't,, why would buying some land or houses allow me to declare a state

What kind of dumb shit is this??

I didn't say so.

I said if people like you take a lion share of population of stateless land then yes.

For sure Jews didn't steal or rob arab properties as you like to accuse.

No one is being tricked, everyone can see what the Jews are like
Everyone can see what a monstrous apartheid state Israel is

Tell me which and how many country accuse Israel as apartheid?

Youcef Atal: Algerian soccer star given suspended sentence by French court, fined $49,000 for Israel-Gaza post​

Youcef ATAL of Nice during the Ligue 1 Uber Eats match between  Olympique Gymnaste Club Nice and Racing Club de Strasbourg Alsace at Allianz Riviera on September 3, 2023 in Nice, France. (Photo by Daniel Derajinski/Icon Sport via Getty Images)

Algerian international player Youcef Atal, who plays for French club OGC Nice, has been handed a suspended sentence and a €45,000 fine ($49,000) following a social media repost regarding the Israel-Gaza conflict.

“Mr. Atal was found guilty and sentenced to an 8-month suspended prison sentence, a 45,000 euro fine,” the court said in a statement released Wednesday and obtained by CNN.

A court in Nice said the repost provoked hatred on the grounds of religion, according to Reuters.

The 27-year-old Atal will also have to pay for details of the conviction to be published in French newspapers Nice Matin and Le Monde, according to the court.

The day after the Hamas October 7 attack, Atal republished a 35-second video by a Palestinian preacher who called on God to send “a black day over the Jews,” French newspaper Nice-Matin reported, per Reuters.

Defender Atal subsequently apologized for the deleted post, according to Reuters, saying on Instagram at the time: “I am aware that my post shocked many people, which wasn’t my intention, and I apologise.”
Nice's Algerian defender Youcef Atal arrives at Nice courthouse, southern France, for his trial for incitement to hatred, on December 18, 2023. Algerian international footballer Youcef Atal goes on trial in France Monday accused of inciting hatred after posting a video in which a Palestinian preacher purportedly threatens Israel with a black day. Atal, who plays for Ligue 1 side Nice, shared the video on his Instagram account, which has 3.2 million followers, shortly after the attack by Hamas militants on Israel on October 7 in which 1,139 people were killed. (Photo by Valery HACHE / AFP) (Photo by VALERY HACHE/AFP via Getty Images)

Atal, pictured at Nice courthouse, southern France, was given a suspended sentence and a fine.
Valery Hache/AFP/Getty Images

CNN has reached out for comment from the Representative Council of Jewish Institutions of France, which Le Monde reported had filed a complaint against the player in October.

OGC Nice, which is second in the Ligue 1 table, suspended Atal for the social media repost.

“As soon as he returned from Algeria national team duty, where he had been since 9 October, Youcef Atal was contacted by the directors of OGC Nice for a conversation,” said the Ligue 1 club in October.

“OGC Nice understands that the player has acknowledged his error by quickly withdrawing the sharing of the publication and has offered a public apology in writing.

“Nevertheless, given the nature of the publication shared, and its seriousness, the club has taken the decision to take immediate disciplinary action against the player, prior to any action that may be taken by sporting and legal authorities.

“As such, the club has decided to suspend Youcef Atal until further notice,” added OGC Nice in its statement.

CNN has reached out to OGC Nice for comment regarding Atal’s suspended sentence and fine.

I didn't say so.

I said if people like you take a lion share of population of stateless land then yes.

For sure Jews didn't steal or rob arab properties as you like to accuse.

No the Nakba and expulsion of half the population of Palestinians is all made up, as is the occupation of the West Bank. I can't believe you ignore such historical facts.

Again, they support for ceasefire, or support to let gaza people free to exit/enter border and get access to resources.

They dont support their PAlestinian aspiration to rule from river to sea by eliminating ISrael which is genocide or human tragedy to its core

Their is wide scale superior freedom of Palestine

Even in the west they are tired of Israel jewing so much money out of them

Even south Africa has now submitted a case of genocide against Israel

No the Nakba and expulsion of half the population of Palestinians is all made up, as is the occupation of the West Bank. I can't believe you ignore such historical facts.

Come on, we can see through this, say something silly, get 10 reactions, respond to the reactions , then spam the thread.

Tell me which and how many country accuse Israel as apartheid?

Multiple,, including Indonesia

If your a Indonesian then you are going against the Indonesian state and people

If it's because you a Christian, then they should understand you are a enemy who supports apartheid oppression of Palestinians

Why are you asking these questions about the past today?

Do you realise that invading armies also eradicated whole nations including all civilians and nobody cared about it?

Today the situation is different. Israel has not massacred Palestinians even at 1% of that level which happened in the past. Just look how Turkey massacred over a million Armenians and today the historic East Armenia is a part of Turkey (Anatolia) and no one raises a voice against it.

If Hamas wants to kill all Israeli civilians in the name of them being invaders, then certainly Israel will also retaliate.

And it is the mistake of Hamas and Palestinians who don't accept Israel's right to exist today. Once they accept it, only then comes the turn of Israel for its illegal settlements.
The Serbian genocide of Bosnians didn't constitute 1% of the population either, it was still considered a genocide.

They're also being displaced on purpose, with Israel saying that they will likely never be allowed to return to lands Israel has captured. You have government Ministers openly calling for the expulsion of Gazans.

Your logic is flawed.

Also, we look to the past to learn precedence set in history. That is how the laws of war were created in the first place.

Finally, the PA, the legitimate authority to Palestine recognizes the existence of Israel.

Israel doesn't even think that the Palestinian people exist.

Netanyahu his expressed pride in saying that he purposefully killed a Palestinian state. Previous Israeli governments have rejected a Palestinian state. Even Yitzhak Rabin, a previous Israeli PM, who was closest to signing a peace deal and was SHOT BY EXTREMIST ISRAELIS, said that he would not accept a Palestinian state, he said that a Palestinian Autonomous Region would be LESS THAN A STATE; in other words, Israel would control its borders, foreign policy, and domestic economy, and a Palestinian government would be nothing more than a puppet/figure head controlled by the Israeli state on all levels that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back