Iranian Foreign & Resistance Front Strategy & Operations

Which brings us back to my questions: How long can Iran sustain a shock and awe campaign? How long can we survive when they take out all of our refineries?

If you think we can match US firepower you are delusional.
War brings destruction and killing for Iran and the enemy, we did not want war, they wanted this.

2.5 weeks what you waiting for? The Imam Mahdi to show up and tell you to strike? Talk about delusions of grandeur.

Russia can wipe out the planet many times over, yet Ukraine is now on its soil taking a chunk of Russian territory for the first time since WW2.

Theoretical Capability =/= Usable Capability

Iran too has a decent conventional theoretical capability, however that is reserved for all but the most extreme scenarios (invasion, hit with nuclear strike, etc).

Iran’s doesn’t have the will power (much like Russia) to use its theoretical capability in any capacity outside of imminent threat to its survival.
If you want to prepare for a possible all-out war, how much time do you need?

Iran has shown that it has a plan and does not enter the conflict aimlessly.

Irans inflicted a body blow to Israel and absolutely destroyed its economy. This guy is on da money in saying it out loud…….the Zionist project has collapsed on itself. Increasingly evident, Israel’s got no future:

If you want to prepare for a possible all-out war, how much time do you need?

Iran has shown that it has a plan and does not enter the conflict aimlessly.

Iran has been under threat of war since 2003.

What were all those hundreds of war games for since 2003? All theateric performance?

You’d think that a country that has been preparing for war with Israel/US for 30 years didn’t need to war game exercises quickly in the days up to its “revenge strike”

By the way here’s more

Like I said, no one is afraid of Iran or it’s “consequences”. So please don’t talk about “slaughtering” US forces “if you wanted to”.

With the Nuclear threat on their head! Iran's options are limited! I am assuming they are looking for face saving options right now. Unless Russia jumps in to provide the Nuclear deterance or Iran tests a nuke. I would hope Iran calls their bluff

Iran has been under threat of war since 2003.

What were all those hundreds of war games for since 2003? All theateric performance?

You’d think that a country that has been preparing for war with Israel/US for 30 years didn’t need to war game exercises quickly in the days up to its “revenge strike”

By the way here’s more

Like I said, no one is afraid of Iran or it’s “consequences”. So please don’t talk about “slaughtering” US forces “if you wanted to”.
IRGC are being targeted with impunity, the fault IMO was when Soleimani was killed that set a precedent. Iran should have drawn blood with its retaliation, wherever that drone took off from should have been leveled.

I dont think they expected Soleimani to be killed so brazenly, their embassy to be hit in Syria and kill top army officials and then to top it in the heartland during a presidential ceremony have a key ally assassinated. In all these examples to me it seems Iran has underestimated its enemies.

IRGC are being targeted with impunity, the fault IMO was when Soleimani was killed that set a precedent. Iran should have drawn blood with its retaliation, wherever that drone took off from should have been leveled.

I dont think they expected Soleimani to be killed so brazenly, their embassy to be hit in Syria and kill top army officials and then to top it in the heartland during a presidential ceremony have a key ally assassinated. In all these examples to me it seems Iran has underestimated its enemies.
Correct! I believe the IRI is still underestimating their opponents. The IRI has immense deterrence but the response bar is far too high, IMO.

In this particular event, the response time is not an issue (it's excellent strategy, in fact), however, as always, the results are what count. All these toys don't matter if you don't use them effectively. I believe there may be far too much internal analysis-paralysis and 'decision by committee' happening. It works well most of the time--sometimes not so much.

That said, Iran must also balance the impact with the total ongoing devastation of Zionia. THAT is the ball we need to keep our eye on. As it stands, Zionia is doing a fine job imploding.

No, the issue goes back even further. General Allahdadi, commander of Syrian operations (at the time) for Quds Force under Solemani.

2015 Mazraat Amal Strike by Israel

7 HZ and Iranian Quds officers were killed the most notable were General Allahdadi and Jihad Mughniyah, the son of the former top Hezbollah Commander Imad Mughniyeh. One of the most influential people in HZ.

And what did Iran and HZ do?

Iran? Nothing besides swear “revenge”

HZ? 7 members including the son of their most famous commander? Most have been a ferocious strike right? Nope, merely Conducted a typical anti tank strike against an Israeli IDF border patrol squad and called it a day.

Pathetic display of feebleness and not setting proper deterrence. That kicked off a series of assassinations and brazen Israeli attacks on Iranian forces all across the Middle East culminating in the Solemani assassination in 2020 and the Consulate assassination in 2024.

I was critical of the lackluster response in 2015 and in 2020. Yet was rebuffed by those on here and the previous board for being short sighted and other word salad justifications to cover Iran’s feeble deterrence policy.

Well we saw what consequences in action since 2015 has brought up on Iran.

You are talking about an Mossad that tracked and killed Nazis in South America after WW2. Iran is going up against far more experienced powers and the immaturity and short sightedness of this establishment is on full display.

They have had no answer or effective deterrence policy against Israel and have become a punching bag and watched their image erode into a ‘paper lion’ that not only lacks critical counter intelligence skills, but fails at basic operational security for top officials. Add to the fact that they allow any official to talk to the press with no coherent “messaging” guideline and you get this circus show here today.

Iran should have drawn blood
If Iran wanted to draw blood, it would have thrown bombs at Israeli or American bus stops or send bombs at them or at barracks like in 1982

And don't tell me this is difficult to do, Iran did this when it had minimal capabilities during an all out war sustaining WMD strikes and no weapon to target farther than 1000km and yet managed to massacre a whole barrack full of soldiers in one go

So i still don't understand this "the more you kill, the more you win" "strategy", wars would just resume at targeting anything moving and nothing else

Thursday is behind us... Can we finally expect an attack tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back