Iranian Foreign & Resistance Front Strategy & Operations

you want Iran with a military budget of maybe $10 billion to compete with the US F-35 project which will cost $1.5 trillion in total
Pakistan has the same budget, but they poured $500M into JF17 along with chinese $500M.

Iran is far more resourceful than Pakistan. It was doable, look where Pakistan is. Now Pakistan is investing in two projects, Working with Turks on KAAN Stealth fighter and Chinese J31 which will be in PAF by 2026 December.

Iran had a strong strong chance, i will call it a missed opportunity.

the amount of time it has taken to build tunnels to hide from aircraft attacks, iran in the past should have invested in buiding planes with china or russia… couldve given squadron or two to hezbollah as well ..,
go for Su 57, of J16s and get local production, don’t understand this strategy
Bhai since the Ukraine war, AirPower has been exposed as a very expensive gimmick. Yesterday the RuAF lost a $36 million dollar Su-34 over the Donbas trying to sneak drop those glide bombs and today a $82 million dollar Tu-22M3 has crashed over Siberia during training. Both did zero damage to Ukraine.

Both Iran and Hezbollah try to intimidate Israel and the US by showing off their power in these kinds of videos, but unfortunately, it's never stopped them from attacking.

The imperialist countries are getting cocky, thinking they'll never face any effective retaliation.

It's a shame if all Iran and its allies have left is bluffing. If that's the case, we can expect another assassination attempt by Israel sooner rather than later.

Pakistan has the same budget, but they poured $500M into JF17 along with chinese $500M.

Iran is far more resourceful than Pakistan. It was doable, look where Pakistan is. Now Pakistan is investing in two projects, Working with Turks on KAAN Stealth fighter and Chinese J31 which will be in PAF by 2026 December.

and you want Iran to waste $1 billion on J-17 (without Chinese help) to compete with Israeli F-16I and F-35I. glad you are not in charge of the resistance

The only reason Pakistan so much even gets a pencil from China is because:

building up Pakistan = pain to India (China’s main rival).

Iran doesn’t have the same use case since China is on good terms with Saudi Arabia and Israel. Thus arming Iran will actually be a BAD IDEA as it hurts relations with the Arabs (who have way more money than Iran) and with the Israelis and most importantly creates a headache with the West.

This has been talked about already a ton yet every few months someone makes a comment like “whY diDnt tHey bUy frOM ChInA”

and you want Iran to waste $1 billion on J-17 (without Chinese help) to compete with Israeli F-16I and F-35I. glad you are not in charge of the resistance

Iran does need an airforce that it can use to defend its own airspace and to push the "contested" airspace further back away from Iran to Iraq, etc.. Developing an aircraft is one thing of course, but why not buy off the shelf from countries like China, or Russia ? China is quite advanced and something like the J10CE, or J-31 would be an excellent addition to their capabilities.

Iran does need an airforce that it can use to defend its own airspace and to push the "contested" airspace further back away from Iran to Iraq, etc.. Developing an aircraft is one thing of course, but why not buy off the shelf from countries like China, or Russia ? China is quite advanced and something like the J10CE, or J-31 would be an excellent addition to their capabilities.

@Persian Gulf please start banning people who say “why not buy from China or Russia”

How many times do we have to answer this stupid question on this board by these NPC characters.

Any investment in conventional air power has been wasted. Iran alone has changed the nature of war. Building a few retrograde 'jets' does not successful strategy make.

genius idea but small problem in that China and Russia are not willing to sell anything useful to Iran

This would be too easy, Iran would have done this decades ago if this was so easy

China doesn't sell anything to Iran besides J-10A (obsolete)

Russia struggles to deliver simple Yak trainers and hesitates to deliver a single Su-35 even if it is completely under US threats and fighting them on the ground while having thousands of sanctions from them

genius idea but small problem in that China and Russia are not willing to sell anything useful to Iran

Why does Russia care about UN resolution now as they cannot be sanctioned any further by west?

I think the Russians still have too much Zionist influence in them.

Why does Russia care about UN resolution now as they cannot be sanctioned any further by west?

I think the Russians still have too much Zionist influence in them.
They're maybe hoping to rebuild ties with them after the war

Russia would not say bye or no to the west, all is in their interests at the end just like China

If no then we all know what is left to answer

They're maybe hoping to rebuild ties with them after the war

Russia would not say bye or no to the west, all is in their interests at the end just like China

If no then we all know what is left to answer

All I know is that Russians cannot be trusted.

Iran should have tried to get even more technology from them in return for drones and ammunition.

All I know is that Russians cannot be trusted.

Iran should have tried to get even more technology from them in return for drones and ammunition.
Iran literally got nothing in exchange yet but gold and cash and 1 yak trainer (and possible jamming systems) even the drones are very useful for Russia and made their own factories to produce them

This would be too easy, Iran would have done this decades ago if this was so easy

China doesn't sell anything to Iran besides J-10A (obsolete)

Russia struggles to deliver simple Yak trainers and hesitates to deliver a single Su-35 even if it is completely under US threats and fighting them on the ground while having thousands of sanctions from them

Iran was under military procurement sanctions - those sanctions are gone. Iran is free to do what it wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back