J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

The J-31 is unlikely to be acquired by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) within this decade for two main reasons: the platform is not yet fully developed, and the PAF does not currently have the financial resources or immediate need to acquire it.

Even in an extraordinary scenario where the PAF somehow obtains the J-31, it would likely accelerate India’s development of its own 5th-generation fighter program. At best, it might prompt India to pursue the acquisition of the F-35. I am confident that China would prefer to avoid having the F-35 deployed in the western flank any time soon.

The J-31 is unlikely to be acquired by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) within this decade for two main reasons: the platform is not yet fully developed, and the PAF does not currently have the financial resources or immediate need to acquire it.

Even in an extraordinary scenario where the PAF somehow obtains the J-31, it would likely accelerate India’s development of its own 5th-generation fighter program. At best, it might prompt India to pursue the acquisition of the F-35. I am confident that China would prefer to avoid having the F-35 deployed in the western flank any time soon.

India is facing something like 300 J-20s across the Himalayas and it needs Pakistan to acquire J-31 in order for it to "accelerate' the AMCA?

China does not care about the non-supercruising F-35 and so sell your sovereignty to US in order to get it.

This is when wishful thinking passes for analysis.....

India is facing something like 300 J-20s across the Himalayas and it needs Pakistan to acquire J-31 in order for it to "accelerate' the AMCA?

China does not care about the non-supercruising F-35 and so sell your sovereignty to US in order to get it.

Honestly ... all this China will attack India is totally BS! As such they are not facing 300 J-20s since they are not necessary.

Yes, they compete (economically), they provoke and annoy each other, they are keeping them busy but overall China does not care about India.
Simply look at the map:

1723799638769.png

I think the biggest problem is, there are simply none or at best to few information available "to prove" what you asked for. As such - at least to my understanding - in the public there are no official data given on specifications and so on.
In essence, a clear absence of a "proof"!

However there is plenty of information available on different scientific achievements relevant for engine technology and - at least for me - we have numbers of aircraft in service which speak for themselves:

We have now almost 250+ J-20 in active service, most likely close to 300 built. Since mid-2019 none of them (new-built ones) uses a Russian engine anymore and even if again we have no "hard data" on performance and more so on reliability, maintenance, time between overhaul and so on, the fact that the PLAAF seems to be satisfied stands against how many operational Su-57 with AL-41F engines?

And if you go one step further ... the WS-15 is in test, allegedly even in LRIP ... and where is the izd.20 aka AL-51F? Actually based on what I know it is built in smaller numbers, used in only one prototype and everything else is "announcements and we plan to ..." for the future.

Hope this helps a bit.

I agree with the 1st paragraph and sentences.

When we say that Russian engines are inferior to western - I hope you know why - how?

The Russians never admitted that their engines are inferior to those of the west's.

It all comes from the users and customers,, as per their feedback.

about china, Only some basic information is usually available, which is either directly leaked by the Chinese for propagation or sometimes from intelligence sources.

I can take the example of the Chinese SSBN submarine - others know because she patrols and observed by others that it is not even close to the Russian 80s - Akula Submarine on the stealth & silent.

since Chinese engines is not being exported and no technical specifications are provided, and on top of that, you will degrade someone, and say its better.... Who will accept it except Chinese supporters.

Am I saying anything wrong?

When we say that Russian engines are inferior to western - I hope you know why - how?

The Russians never admitted that their engines are inferior to those of the west's.

Only some basic information is usually available, which is either directly leaked by the Chinese for propagation or sometimes from intelligence sources.

I can take the example of the Chinese SSBN submarine - others know because she patrols and observed by others that it is not even close to the Russian 80s - Akula Submarine on the stealth & silent.

since Chinese engines is not being exported and no technical specifications are provided, and on top of that, you will degrade someone, and say its better.... Who will accept it except Chinese supporters.

PAF has J-10C with WS-10B engines.

about china, Only some basic information is usually available, which is either directly leaked by the Chinese for propagation or sometimes from intelligence sources.

You say a lot wrong, much of it due to an inherent bias that anything in India's posession must, by default, be better then her rivals. It basically clouds every single debate on here

it was purposed later but pakistan opted for russian one

As PAF was used to Russian RD-93 and did not want to swap to a completely different engine as then they would have Jf-17s with different engines. Two sets of manufacturers and support systems.

Honestly ... all this China will attack India is totally BS! As such they are not facing 300 J-20s since they are not necessary.

Yes, they compete (economically), they provoke and annoy each other, they are keeping them busy but overall China does not care about India.
Simply look at the map:

View attachment 59859

It is only India thinks that China takes it seriously and so I am looking at those 300 J-20s from an Indian and not Chinese perspective.

I do not understand you are agreeing with me here?

Yeah, Pak ordered many russian engines as WS13 was not ready and they put these into JF-17s. Why is this hard for you to understand?

it's about trust - all know that Russian engines are not good!

if the Chinese offer a better engine, why not? at least for JF17 block 3..

Don't tell from the 2006 - Chinese is still testing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back