PAF Future Acquisition Plans

A version of j31 will be in paf colors in next 3-4 years max I think
Referencing the timelines in J-20 development, as in when aerodynamic features have started to be finalized, avionics have gradually began integration testing (removing the pitot tube), J-35 would achieve FOC somewhere by 2027/28, then it would probably take a year or two for an export variant to earn export certification.

I'm inclined to say that J-31/J-35 would be introduced into PAF in early 2030s, which is good enough if you ask me.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the J-31 is on the cards in the near term as stated in the presser.
This is a publicity/PR stunt. There is no way PAF is inducting a jet not already in service with the PLAAF/PLAN for sometime and in decent numbers.
Pakistan will consider it after 2030s, once its ready and inducted by China, at the moment paf doesn't need J31, we have J10Cs and Jf17 Block 3s, also our rival India is yet to induct a 5th generation so Pakistan will wait till India makes the move.

Hi,

Looking at Paf's experience with the JF-17 without a legitimate engine in the begining of the production phase would be a major concern---.

Secondly---Paf cannot wait till 2035-40 for the KAAN aircraft to mature---.
Wouldn't 2035 be ideal time to induct J35s or KAAN, paf will be inducting J10cs and Jf17 blocks 3s till 2035, upgrading the previous models etc. J10Cs, Jf17 Block 3s, F16s will give enough firepower to handle su30Mkis and Rafale until India decides on their 5th generation plane.

J31 will be here by the end of 2027.
Highly doubt it, Its around 3 years away and paf doesn't need it. Its better to wait till the platform is mature, with the engine available aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the announcement was a little hurried and probably focused on making a statement rather than actual timeline
Insuring CAS's legacy lives on?

You Pakistanis greatly overexaggerate western support for Turkish military development since you have slightly better access than Turkey and also haven't developed something complex (except missiles) in house yet. Sure, you can't get F-16s or AH-1s but Pakistan can procure Erieyes and Sea Sultans, helicopters, CAMM missiles, VLS' and radars from the West. These are all the things that Turkey has to develop alone down to the simplest subcomponent since it doesn't have access to. @JamD @Quwa @Nilgiri
Hi,

It might show from your perspective---but the F16's and AH 1 are everything---the rest are complimentary---.

Pakistan will consider it after 2030s, once its ready and inducted by China, at the moment paf doesn't need J31, we have J10Cs and Jf17 Block 3s, also our rival India is yet to induct a 5th generation so Pakistan will wait till India makes the move.

Wouldn't 2035 be ideal time to induct J35s or KAAN, paf will be inducting J10cs and Jf17 blocks 3s till 2035, upgrading the previous models etc. J10Cs, Jf17 Block 3s, F16s will give enough firepower to handle su30Mkis and Rafale until India decides on their 5th generation plane.

Highly doubt it, Its around 3 years away and paf doesn't need it. Its better to wait till the platform is mature, with the engine available aswell.
Hi,

J-31 if available within the next 4-5 years---because it will take much longer to train pilots on the 5th gen than the 4.5 gen---.

What Paf can do to shorten the time frame would be to install 5th gen ecm / radar package in the 4.5 gen aircraft.

I got confirmation from Chinese media that Pakistan has signed with China to get J-31. But did not mention ,how many in number and when ??
Do you have any ides . please ?

Pakistan-China stealth fighter deal puts India under pressure to modernise air force:
9 Jan 2024

• China-Pakistan FC-31 Gyrfalcon jets deal reflects their ‘joint strategy and synergy to neutralise the threat emanating from India’, analysts say
  • It’s likely to add pressure on India to acquire US F-35 aircraft, to avoid losing tactical air superiority along its borders

Hi,

J-31 if available within the next 4-5 years---because it will take much longer to train pilots on the 5th gen than the 4.5 gen---.

What Paf can do to shorten the time frame would be to install 5th gen ecm / radar package in the 4.5 gen aircraft.
The J-10C and block III JF do assist with some of the capabilities but the idea of true signature management, distributed aperture and other techniques is going to take a bit.
Not because the aircraft is going to be difficult to fly but more so because the tactics that come with a 5th gen are completely different to anything else.

Many podcasts on that - it basically makes you think differently not just as a pilot but as air warfare strategists.

Thank you Oscar- the Moderator.

J-31 fighter offers PAF a cost-effective solution with advanced stealth and multi-role capabilities. Its versatile design and modern technology enhance operational flexibility and combat effectiveness.

Robust Datalink between J-31 and J-10 / JF-17 will form a lethal combo!
1704998712586.png
1704998772375.png

I got confirmation from Chinese media that Pakistan has signed with China to get J-31. But did not mention ,how many in number and when ??
Do you have any ides . please ?

Pakistan-China stealth fighter deal puts India under pressure to modernise air force:

9 Jan 2024

• China-Pakistan FC-31 Gyrfalcon jets deal reflects their ‘joint strategy and synergy to neutralise the threat emanating from India’, analysts say
  • It’s likely to add pressure on India to acquire US F-35 aircraft, to avoid losing tactical air superiority along its borders
Speculation on my part at minimum 24, maximum 36 for 1 tranche order.

Last edited:
J-31 fighter offers PAF a cost-effective solution with advanced stealth and multi-role capabilities. Its versatile design and modern technology enhance operational flexibility and combat effectiveness.

Robust Datalink between J-31 and J-10 / JF-17 will form a lethal combo!
View attachment 10075
View attachment 10076
Sooo Looking forward to years of this.

O Sidhu sahab ay ki kar ditta saaday naal 🤦‍♂️

Hi,

The ACM's announcement has created a sh-itstorm around many a defence hallways worldwide---made them wonder where did that come from---.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back