Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

Russias states aims was freedom for the Russian speaking Donbass, that is now almost complete

Anything else is a security question and if it goes to negotiations, for peace Russia will keep the liberated land and demand that Ukraine remain a neutral buffer state between Russia and NATO

Shhhh don't correct American you might make him think he's wrong

First of all, there are NO POSSIBLE WAY for Russia to declare a win in this war strategically , because that would mean they have to occupy Ukraine in the entirety. Can they do that? Because if not, whatever left of Ukrainian control will turn to NATO, Ukraine joining NATO is a foregone conclusion. As I mentioned time and again, the only thing Ukraine didn't operate to NATO standard is their Navy, but then they are getting their Ada Class. There are literally entire NATO arsenal in Ukraine, so it would be the biggest shot in the foot for NATO not to accept Ukraine into NATO and make them run back to Russia or China for all the NATO secret they had. That's a no brainer. Becuase we aren't changing the entire NATO playbook for them.

Which mean unless Russia can either keep this war indefinitely (which is impossible) or to capture Ukraine in its entirety (which is also impossible) Even if Russia get the entire Donbas and whatever Zaporizhya they are holding, losing the rest country to NATO is a strategic failure.

Even for Donbas, you are talking about decade of war to capture the remaining 20% if we go bay the progress we had, 2024 is almost gone, and Russian advance is around 1000 sq kilometer since last november when they start pushing, there are still about 16,000 square kilometers of Donbas to go, and some of them would make places like Charsiv Yar or Avdiivka a child play, Russia is going to lose a lot more troop in the coming years, I don't think they can capture the entire Donbas before they culminated.

Now whether or not Ukraine invaded Kursk is a mistake is up for debate, I personally don't see the need to invade Kursk, but the impact was there, the only thing we don't know is how that impact the overall situation in the south to both Ukrainian and Russian, now this is an unanswerable question since it's still 2 weeks old, anyone forming any sort of opinion in this matter would be haevily depends on guess work. They may shoot themselves on the foot, or that may turn out to be a genius move, that we know some time down the road.

The Ukrainian military was never or is small they are probably around a million soldiers all round the number of combat soldiers is probably larger then USA army of 400k before anyone says USA has 1,2 million that is with airforce and navy

USA/NATO have been subsidising the Ukrainian military heavily since the invasion of Crimea. I think OP is being a little hypocritical for mocking Russians…

Back to Kursk. The , Russia is not taking the bait and just keeps on grinding through the Donbas lines knowing full well that it was exactly their advances in the East that led the Ukies to this desperate diversionary folly. Everyone knows they can't hold what they raced through toward Kursk, it's an enormous strain on already depleted manpower and paper thin logistics that still racks up lots of casuaties the Ukies can't even begin to afford.

Last edited:

The Russians Captured Komyshivka⚔️ Zaporizhzhia Offensive 2.0 To Be 💥Military Summary For 2024.08.21​

The Ukrainian military was never or is small they are probably around a million soldiers all round the number of combat soldiers is probably larger then USA army of 400k before anyone says USA has 1,2 million that is with airforce and navy

USA/NATO have been subsidising the Ukrainian military heavily since the invasion of Crimea. I think OP is being a little hypocritical for mocking Russians…

Russia has lost many people in this war, that's a fact because we know for a fact that they had raised 300,000 soldier back in 2022. That show you how much attrition rate for the Russian

On the other hand, while I would say Ukraine probably loss similar, probably smaller amount and Russia would have an upper hand if we just counted manpower alone, but that edge is not at all very big, again, Ukraine is not a small country, while they will have limited amount of manpower compared to the Russian, but that number is still big.

Which make the current direction the Russian is going more unsustainable than the Ukrainian. Because using manpower to grind down your enemy will probably work if we are talking about smaller country like Estonia or Moldova, but doing this in Ukraine is like lining up your head against your target to take a perfect shot that way. That's why I honestly don't see Russia even taking the entire Donbas 10 years down the road.

Back to Kursk. The , Russia is not taking the bait and just keeps on grinding through the Donbas lines knowing full well that it was exactly their advances in the East that led the Ukies to this desperate diversionary folly. Everyone knows they can't hold what they raced through toward Kursk, it's an enormous strain on already depleted manpower and paper thin logistics that still racks up lots of casuaties the Ukies can't even begin to afford.
Again, it's still early.

This is not an op that you can see where that going by weeks. You need to know how much Russia can give compare to what they can take, trading space with time only work if you are a defending army, when Ukraine has no intention to annex any of the Kursk they took, that's not an "Attack-Defending" relationship, that's basically taking that piece of land hostage.

The issue here is, Russia can go fed the troop into Kursk and try to dislodge the Ukrainian there while the troop in the south stay put that way, this will take a very long time, and not guarantee success. Thing is, Russia only would get the upper hand if they can exploit the current situation, collapsing the line, out maneuvering the Ukrainian after they are thinning the line, which according to most source, they didn't. The grind go on, there aren't much breakthrough, and Ukrainian is still making Russia pay every inch in blood, all that Ukrainian is going to do or being done at whether or not Ukraine attack Kursk (I mean Russian aren't going to stop the attack in the South if Ukraine did not invade Kursk) Which mean as I said before, the Ukrainian are going to make Russia pay, the only different between Kursk and Donbas is Kursk is in Russia, anything they destroyed, is in Russia, while anything they did in Donbas is in Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

• GWXP

Latest Posts

Back