Sea Sultan Long-Range MPA | Updates & Discussion

2 are being converted and one is being used for training rn (the one we see)- once the other two are back, i take it the other will be converted alongside another- batches of 2.
Has the one used for training been fully converted or is it just a base Embraer Lineage 1000?

also for what its worth- i am gonna guess that the PN will use the IIR variant of Taimur with an anti ship warhead for the air launched ashm duties

More importantly - that price!
@arslank01's observation re: the PN using the Taimur as an ASCM is a good one. However, it's a pretty heavy missile (1,200 kg). I wonder if there's an opportunity (via a joint-PAF/PN initiative) to develop a Pakistani analogue to the Naval Strike Missile/Joint Strike Missile, i.e., a 450-700 kg ASCM. It could be a good asset for the LRMPA as well as future naval helicopters, the J-31 NGFA, USVs, and even a HALE UCAV.

found this rendering. not quite sure if it's 100% accurate but it's telling.
View attachment 18575
this is nothing telling really, these are all standard things youd expect- what may be more telling is keeping track fo what Embraer is looking to do woth their own E190-2 MPA study, this will give us an idea of the sructural and physical constraints to then give us an idea of what we will see.

However, id just hold your breath a tiiiiny bit longer- iirc, my estimations put the delivery of the first airframe very soon, i cant remember why i think theyll pop up over summer this year, but, i remember having good reason for it. In any case, the first inductions will take place this year. Its been 7 month since the export clearances for the US origin equipment were granted- so theyre likely going to be in the fitting stages now.

this is nothing telling really, these are all standard things youd expect- what may be more telling is keeping track fo what Embraer is looking to do woth their own E190-2 MPA study, this will give us an idea of the sructural and physical constraints to then give us an idea of what we will see.

However, id just hold your breath a tiiiiny bit longer- iirc, my estimations put the delivery of the first airframe very soon, i cant remember why i think theyll pop up over summer this year, but, i remember having good reason for it. In any case, the first inductions will take place this year. Its been 7 month since the export clearances for the US origin equipment were granted- so theyre likely going to be in the fitting stages now.
though what i will say is, paramount has done an insanely good job at hiding these birds, the first time i spotted them and looked into them, was also the last lol, it puzzles me

@arslank01's observation re: the PN using the Taimur as an ASCM is a good one. However, it's a pretty heavy missile (1,200 kg). I wonder if there's an opportunity (via a joint-PAF/PN initiative) to develop a Pakistani analogue to the Naval Strike Missile/Joint Strike Missile, i.e., a 450-700 kg ASCM. It could be a good asset for the LRMPA as well as future naval helicopters, the J-31 NGFA, USVs, and even a HALE UCAV.
Taimur is probably quite doomed for the export market, youre right, its heavy and bulky for its export capabilities, though, what i suspect is Tamiur is ""limited"" to 290km, but some end user will end up pulling a Zarb and end up having access to quite a long range 'indigenous' strike asset that just happens to resemble Raad/Taimur lol.

Harbah, Babur and Ra'ad all could be modernised and have alot more extracted out of them- possibly we could soon see smaller or longer ranged versions as a result of Turkish engines etc, though, i take my guess back, i dont think Taimur makes sense for PN, itll likely significantly outrange any non passive sensor carried onboard and will likely not bring as much value to the PN, i think the AF would likely rather keep the production capacity for themselves to use it as a strike asset. I think what we're gonna see is Teseo Evo and also A244S as the main strike package, then as time goes on, by the time the final airframes enter, possibly a local payload. Then again, the PN was developing SMASH so that may also be a possible option if it is truly a new development and not some parts bin special, it could be something half decent and miniaturised enough to be carried internally or externally for that matter

Taimur is probably quite doomed for the export market, youre right, its heavy and bulky for its export capabilities, though, what i suspect is Tamiur is ""limited"" to 290km, but some end user will end up pulling a Zarb and end up having access to quite a long range 'indigenous' strike asset that just happens to resemble Raad/Taimur lol.

Harbah, Babur and Ra'ad all could be modernised and have alot more extracted out of them- possibly we could soon see smaller or longer ranged versions as a result of Turkish engines etc, though, i take my guess back, i dont think Taimur makes sense for PN, itll likely significantly outrange any non passive sensor carried onboard and will likely not bring as much value to the PN, i think the AF would likely rather keep the production capacity for themselves to use it as a strike asset. I think what we're gonna see is Teseo Evo and also A244S as the main strike package, then as time goes on, by the time the final airframes enter, possibly a local payload. Then again, the PN was developing SMASH so that may also be a possible option if it is truly a new development and not some parts bin special, it could be something half decent and miniaturised enough to be carried internally or externally for that matter
The Baykar/NASTP KaGeM V3 project looks like a good deep dive into lightweight ALCM concepts. It might be too light for the LRMPA, but NASTP may leverage the underlying technology to develop a TESEO-E/JSM-type ALCM. If the PAF inducts the J-31, then it'll need a lighter and smaller ALCM than the Taimur/Ra'ad to bring out the full stealth attack potential of the fighter.

though what i will say is, paramount has done an insanely good job at hiding these birds, the first time i spotted them and looked into them, was also the last lol, it puzzles me
Is Leonardo no longer involved as a main company with the project? Or are they simply supplying technology with integration and design being done by Paramount? I ask because early reports of the Sea Sultan MPA cites Leonardo as a headlining company.

Is Leonardo no longer involved as a main company with the project? Or are they simply supplying technology with integration and design being done by Paramount? I ask because early reports of the Sea Sultan MPA cites Leonardo as a headlining company.
Paramount for airframe conversion- its basically their forte, paramount is a very interesting organisation- you wouldnt think it but thye have their hands in alot of pots. They did the South Korean AESA testbed too. 1707868548942.png

so PN is getting 10 L1000 planes to be converted LRMPA and 2 for AEWCS. Interesting part is AEWCS. Not sure when and what type of radar will be installed on them.

If the first one is done, should we expect to be incorporated in PN fleet soon?

Just two AWACS makes no sense. You need 3 minimum for a wartime standing of one in the air 24/7.

PAF going for 9/10 Erieyes is perfect number for 3 in air 24/7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back