Sea Sultan Long-Range MPA | Updates & Discussion

Just two AWACS makes no sense. You need 3 minimum for a wartime standing of one in the air 24/7.

PAF going for 9/10 Erieyes is perfect number for 3 in air 24/7

I was thinking that perhaps PAF could transfer its ZDK AWACS to PN. As PAF is apparently replacing these with more capable Erieyes. ZDKs are just 13 years old should have lot of life remaining in those.

2264988-v40-15.jpg

Last edited:
so PN is getting 10 L1000 planes to be converted LRMPA and 2 for AEWCS. Interesting part is AEWCS. Not sure when and what type of radar will be installed on them.

If the first one is done, should we expect to be incorporated in PN fleet soon?

Just two AWACS makes no sense. You need 3 minimum for a wartime standing of one in the air 24/7.

PAF going for 9/10 Erieyes is perfect number for 3 in air 24/7
I still don't think there's a dedicated AEW&C variant. The original tender stated that the platform should be capable of ASW, ASuW, ISR, and AEW. I think the AEW capability will come through the main search radar of the LRMPA, not a separate system, IMO.

I was thinking that perhaps PAF could transfer its ZDK AWACS to PN. As PAF is apparently replacing these with more capable Erieyes. ZDKs are just 13 years old should have lot of life remaining in those.

View attachment 25340
PAF ditched the ac due to high operational cost. Don't think PN with its small budget will be interested in the ac

though what i will say is, paramount has done an insanely good job at hiding these birds, the first time i spotted them and looked into them, was also the last lol, it puzzles me
True. The model with ashms was an early config on Sea sultan. Nothing since then.

So external pylons for weapon one thing on sea sultan, question is , is there an internal weapon bay being added, not sure what internal torpedo /sonobuoy launcher folks are referring or in news on sea sultan not seen anything in market I am not aware of weapons like torpedo and other either in weapon bay or external pylons
Sonoboy magazine is one thing I am aware , the description on sea sultan mod mention lenerdo torpedo launder but could not find anything on Leonardo products catalog

So external pylons for weapon one thing on sea sultan, question is , is there an internal weapon bay being added, not sure what internal torpedo /sonobuoy launcher folks are referring or in news on sea sultan not seen anything in market I am not aware of weapons like torpedo and other either in weapon bay or external pylons
Sonoboy magazine is one thing I am aware , the description on sea sultan mod mention lenerdo torpedo launder but could not find anything on Leonardo products catalog
IIRC they're adding a torpedo bay via a conformal tank on the belly of the aircraft. Leonardo is likely developing it as a custom solution for the PN, which is why we don't see it on its product catalog.

View attachment 25340
The navy really should get dedicated airborne platforms, and not just based out of Karachi but also based out of Ormara. These awacs should be upgraded not retired, IMHO, and opt just the radar, but other electromagnetic spectrum systems to enhance the capabilities of the navy.

The radar should be capable of EW. Also, the plane should be able to transmit and receive signals in the 3-30 Hz band to communicate with patrolling submarines at up to 120 meters depth, and relay with Submarine command. More powerful VLF receivers could even receive reflections of a friendly OTH radar data if tuned to the right frequency if I understand how OTH works correctly, and try to relay the data to naval command for processing.

Not to go to far off topic, but better collaborate between the PN and the PLAN, the PN should build a ELF station to transmit to its submarines (and offer to share the facility with the PLAN) so its subs in the Indian Ocean have a comm site while at patrol depth.

India already has such a facility in operation, to communicate with its SSBNs and SSNs.

Pakistan already has a VLF site, that can communicate with subs at 20 meters, but with an ELF site, perhaps communicating with subs 100s of meter down, it can be used to control unmanned subs.

So back to the topic of this thread, if the sea Sultan could deploy drones, they could be used to track and localize when enemy SSNs, making use of the Sea Sultan able to localize and fire upon a deep patrolling SSN with a higher probability of knocking out the threat.

Btw, the ELF could use some of the “Excess” CPEC power plant electricity that could be reimbursed by the PLAN.

On the topic of OTH, if China builds 4 OTH at certain locations (such as one near Hotan and one near Urumqi) it could cover much of the Northern Indian Ocean (Chinese SLOCs) and have data to localize enemy ship movements. Pakistan could build shore based OTH to monitor ship movement within 300 km of the coast. A Chinese supercomputer in Karachi could crunch the data and give actionable targeting data.

Last edited:
P282 is primary AShM that has been Integrated with Sea Sultan.

Has the P282 been tested yet? How do we know it will be on the Sea Sultans? Any sources?

what kind of a system is it.
1.scramjet
2.hgv
3.yj21 or cm400 like ??

Most certainly antiship ballistic missile. Pakistan is decades away from fielding a hypersonic missile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back