• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

USA: The Decaying Empire

Yommie

Elite Member
Oct 2, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think demographics is the US's biggest challenging in the coming years and decades. Anglo is a dying breed in the US and quickly losing power. Biden is 81 years old. By comparison, Vivek is only 38 years old. The future of US politics slip through the grasp of Anglos. Anglo birth rate is too low. Like less than 1.5 kids per woman.

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think demographics is the US's biggest challenging in the coming years and decades. Anglo is a dying breed in the US and quickly losing power. Biden is 81 years old. By comparison, Vivek is only 38 years old. The future of US politics slip through the grasp of Anglos. Anglo birth rate is too low. Like less than 1.5 kids per woman.
In 20 years US will become a brown nation like India, and non white will seize the power like what happened in South Africa.

Yommie

Elite Member
Oct 2, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In 20 years US will become a brown nation like India, and non white will seize the power like what happened in South Africa.

I would say America become like Mexico or Brazil. Predominantly Latin country.

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Which those parts of the world were. The USA was white until the Louisiana Purchase and the penetration into the south-west - Texas, New Mexico, Arizona.....California.
I merely note the racism hidden in the many concerns about USA as a “brown “ nation inevitably having a dire future.

Nilgiri

INT'L MOD
Aug 4, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I object to use of "evil" retained in the title.
"Decaying" is more than enough to subjectively convey the discourse theme.

Retaining evil in title sets bad precedent as well for what other threads can be started in collective sense on entire countries (all which have good and bad within them)

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I object to use of "evil" retained in the title.
"Decaying" is more than enough to subjectively convey the discourse theme.

Retaining evil in title sets bad precedent as well for what other threads can be started in collective sense on entire countries (all which have good and bad within them)
So amended.

Joe Shearer

INT'L MOD
Apr 19, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I merely note the racism hidden in the many concerns about USA as a “brown “ nation inevitably having a dire future.
To my mind, there is a sharp turn away from the 'melting pot' conception that the US imposed, whereby all immigrants got culturally homogenised, although retaining some characteristics involuntarily - the Pennsylvania Dutch, the creole in Louisiana, the Scandinavians in Minnesota, Italians who held on to their ethnicity and actually folded pizza and pasta into the melting pot's diet. By and large, there seems to have been an American median way that has got frayed due to the incremental demands of ethnically and religiously diverse groups who came in after the Second World War. Today that median way is looking very frayed and distressed. The US seems to be heading to converge with Britain's multi-cultural formula, but that has already failed in bringing people to live and work in the same community together.

ZeEa5KPul

Dec 16, 2023
You can just put a CNN livestream up and see the US getting flushed down the commode in real time.

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
To my mind, there is a sharp turn away from the 'melting pot' conception that the US imposed, whereby all immigrants got culturally homogenised, although retaining some characteristics involuntarily - the Pennsylvania Dutch, the creole in Louisiana, the Scandinavians in Minnesota, Italians who held on to their ethnicity and actually folded pizza and pasta into the melting pot's diet. By and large, there seems to have been an American median way that has got frayed due to the incremental demands of ethnically and religiously diverse groups who came in after the Second World War. Today that median way is looking very frayed and distressed. The US seems to be heading to converge with Britain's multi-cultural formula, but that has already failed in bringing people to live and work in the same community together.

Not really. That’s the Chinese and Russian manipulation of social media. The melting pot is working just fine.

FuturePAF

Think Tank Analyst
Dec 17, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
As in any country, management of the country is done by a limited percentage of the public. The US has a lot of pent up potential locked away because wealth is so unevenly distributed, similar to the US in the last gilded age (1877-1900), when that ended and European empires broke up allowing US industry access, US factory jobs took off, and workers started the labor movement to demand higher pay and better benefits. The US middle class and domestic consumption drove US growth as much as exports.

Should tax reforms change the way wealth is distributed in the US and public investment is made into infrastructure, US economic growth could easily grow faster than nearly any other nation for decades to come, especially if the U.S. keeps its technological lead.

The US has a culture of assimilating immigrant populations. In 2 generations, and at most 3, most people see themselves as Americans and not as people from the countries of their ancestors. This is especially true as people intermarry, as is more likely with Latinos.

Only 3 generations ago, Italians weren’t seen as white, especially southern Italians, while now, the last Secretary of State was a descendant of a Southern Italian that came to the US in 1899, and could possible become a future US President.

Last edited:

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Countries are always formed along the ethnic lines, this is not racism. When first Europeans arrived in Americas, all conflicts were also follow this pattern. If an ethnicity based "American people" concept couldn't arise soon enough, the country eventually will break up following smaller but more defined racial or ethnicty lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest