Five decades after Pakistan’s recognition of Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thevilone

Jan 8, 2024
I thought Hodson killed them all?

I was really depressed to learn that Hodson (who died during the breaking of the siege of the Lucknow Residency, and of our sister school, La Martiniere) is actually remembered by one of the Lucknow houses being named after him.
Zafar's sons were all killed.

But the Mughal family continued via lesser bloodlines. The title of Mughal king is held by a Kolkata slum-dweller. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/12/30/heir-mughal-empire-demands-india-return-red-fort

BobBiswas

Mar 9, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Joe Shearer

INT'L MOD
Apr 19, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Sorry, not all Zafar's sons were killed..Some survived
Is that right?
I seem to have got it wrong. My memory is of reading about it - the murders - at the Khooni Darwaza, after the princes had surrendered on promise of immunity and imprisonment pending trial, at Hodson's request, and were then pistolled in cold blood by Hodson.

Thevilone

Jan 8, 2024
Is that right?
I seem to have got it wrong. My memory is of reading about it - the murders - at the Khooni Darwaza, after the princes had surrendered on promise of immunity and imprisonment pending trial, at Hodson's request, and were then pistolled in cold blood by Hodson.
Zafar had more sons than even he could remember.

The ones who were murdered were the most likely to succeed him to the throne, the first-line princes.

Thevilone

Jan 8, 2024
Coming back to the topic, I wonder how much reparations are owed to BD from Pak for economic exploitation, theft of foriegn and multi-lateral aid and compensation for operation searchlight?

Must be in the hundreds Billions

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Coming back to the topic, I wonder how much reparations are owed to BD from Pak for economic exploitation, theft of foriegn and multi-lateral aid and compensation for operation searchlight?

Must be in the hundreds Billions

BD has moved on from this and an apology would be appreciated from Pakistan government in order to make a complete break from the past, and a gesture of friendship from the stronger party of the time who should have been more restrained.

Like it or not, after the generation that have memories from 1971 have died off and/or retired, then relations between BD and Pakistan will get much warmer as we will be then into a truly multi-polar world and Muslim countries look to form their own economic and military alliance.

There is no good reason for BD and Pakistan not to have a close relationship as we are the two Muslim countries located in S Asia. Bad historical judgements from our leaders led to animosity and distrust between the two countries.

India has made it known that it does not see itself fully as part of the "Global South" and so countries like BD will act accordingly. BD will not become hostile to India for no good reason but please be aware that there is a special bond between Pakistan and BD due to Islam that can never be broken.

Joe Shearer

INT'L MOD
Apr 19, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
India has made it known that it does not see itself fully as part of the "Global South" and so countries like BD will act accordingly.
Where and when did they do that? It is quite possible, given the kind of attitudes and postures that the present has been striking, but did he open his mouth and drop these pearls? Please let me know.

Ramzan Kareem, btw.

Thevilone

Jan 8, 2024
Muslim countries look to form their own economic and military alliance.
A country which has actively conducted genocide and mass-rape of Bangla women would be forgiven by Bengalis? Even after it did the same to Palestinians in black September?
And is now doing to the Uighyrs?

If you think Pakistanis are Muslims, I can only laugh at your innocence.

A few BD men might have forgiven Pak for the rape of millions of Bangla women due to their "unique" taste but most BD men are still furious

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
A country which has actively conducted genocide and mass-rape of Bangla women would be forgiven by Bengalis? Even after it did the same to Palestinians in black September?
And is now doing to the Uighyrs?

If you think Pakistanis are Muslims, I can only laugh at your innocence.

1971 was a long time ago and there is some exaggeration over crimes that took place in 1971.

Uighyrs is not as clear cut as the Zionist-influnced western media makes it out to be. A delegation of Muslim nations have visted multiple times and they said they found no evidence of the allegations being made against the Chinese.

@Joe Shearer - Modi never misses an opportunity to suck up to the west and the zionists. That is why India would not be seen as a trusted partner for other "Global South" nations.

Thevilone

Jan 8, 2024
exaggeration over crimes that took place in 1971.
ok, so number of Bangla women raped would be slightly lesser.

The fact that Pakistan has not even bothered to apologise to BD show what exactly they think of the "kaale chhote" bangali. They consider Bangla men to be weak and effeminate. The racism runs deep.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
ok, so number of Bangla women raped would be slightly lesser.

The fact that Pakistan has not even bothered to apologise to BD show what exactly they think of the "kaale chhote" bangali. They consider Bangla men to be weak and effeminate. The racism runs deep.

We know what you are trying here but it won't work.

Hasina herself has been quite antagonistic to Pakistan since 2009 and so there needs to be maturity from both sides for relations to move on fully from 1971.

Passage of time and change in demographics will soon bring Pakistan and BD as close and friendly countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread