Iran launches Operation True Promise - massive missile/drone strikes across Israel, Israel allegedly responds with quadcopters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here we go, does Iran respond or not

It's still early but so far this seems incredibly underwhelming. I hope I didn't wake up from sleep for a nothing burger.
If nuclear sites were struck, then it's a massive escalation.

Iran has said they'll retaliate to such a strike, and anything less will not look good for Iran.

How do we know this is true?
At this point it’s hearsay or eye witness accounts. In the coming hours we will see if these reports pan out.

But it seems logical considering the range limitations of Israel jets and their policy to safeguard their pilots above all else.

Imagine if a downed pilot was captured inside Iran. It would change everything.

Looks like a very minor strike. Not seeing any evidence of a major impact
No one knows anything yet minor or major, iran gets hit is going to be like Israel hide as much damage as possible(again no one knows anything) point is iran said they will respond from now on more forcefully than the first round. I can see Hezbollah striking more radar systems and just trying to weaken the Israeli systems for the next strike. Hezbollah most likely will be given the green light to respond.

Apparently Israel struck Natanz nuclear facility OR an area nearby. If true it's a consequential and significant escalation, that Iran has little choice but to respond to.

If nuclear sites were struck, then it's a massive escalation.

Iran has said they'll retaliate to such a strike, and anything less will not look good for Iran.
Doesnt seem to be a nuclear site, seems to be a ordinary millitary base. Some say it's a fired missile, some say quadcopters. We'll have to wait and see.

Sir, first of all I never said Iran won.
Good.

Secondly, Iran a heavily sanctioned country who has most of its Muslim neighbours against it, launched a unprecedented attack on a heavily defended country supported by some of the most powerful nations on earth and still managed to achieve some sort of damage to that country (the amount of damage we can agree or disagree on).
Let us focus on the damages. Iran sanctioned or not -- is irrelevant. The moment Iran chose war, sanctions are irrelevant. If Iran chose war, they must believe the sanctions have no effects on them. In the same vein, we can go along with that.

Thirdly, I loved your analogy on Mike Tyson but Mike Tyson also got knocked out by buster douglas in his prime, so did Mike Tyson’s millions go to waste? Kind regards.
Yes. It took a peer to defeat MT. Am not saying that Tyson and Douglas must be matched physically point for point. Just as am not saying Iran and Israel must be matched weapon for weapon. To stay with the boxing analogy. Can Roberto Duran in his prime defeat Mike Tyson in his prime? Most would say 'No'. The physical differences are too great in Tyson's favor, even though, in terms of the techniques of boxing, both fighters are the same.

So in terms of technology, Israel is geographically small, but technologically large, while Iran is geographically large, they are technologically small. Scaring civilians into shelters does not mean strategic success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back