Is Bangladesh in danger of an Islamist takeover?

The author of the article.

View attachment 63873

Why can't Muslim countries have an Islamic system in place? Don't Indian Hindus demand a Hindu state? Don't Christians demand a state with Christian values? Don't other people belonging to different faiths demand their state to uphold their religious values? Why is it that these people are triggered when Muslims demand Islamic values in their respective countries?
I really want you people to apply Islamic rules in your Islamic country. Be it Pakistan or Bangladesh.
I always wonder why it is not there!!!?

Going by the numbers - by far the largest numbers of victims of Islamists - are moderate and cultural Muslims.

Islamists tend to leave minorities alone.

They prefer to kill and maim their own!
Bold part - I bet you never studied or read Islam even once with translation like other 90% muslims of subcontinent. Otherwise you would never used these term for muslims. Muslims are Muslims. They are not secular, moderate or cultural.
A TRUE Muslim live by exact Islamic code of conduct. There is no other way around, even slightest.

India has no ability to do a regime change in BD.

Neither through military coup as the BA is only loyal to BD and IA would regret ever trying an invasion.
Funny. N other side you accuse India for rigging elections for Hasina. Hasina won. Lol

India has no ability to do a regime change in BD.

Neither through military coup as the BA is only loyal to BD and IA would regret ever trying an invasion.

You don't think there are people that would facilitate an Indian backed coup to return Sheikh Haseena to Power?

You don't think there are people that would facilitate an Indian backed coup to return Sheikh Haseena to Power?

Don't mean they can. People on the run can only think about themselves, not hassina.

Don't mean they can. People on the run can only think about themselves, not hassina.

well lets see. I read that she has family members and Awami League people she appointed in the military. I wouldn't say its a physical impossibility. Not saying its likely under the current state of things, but to say its impossible is being naive, thats how coups happen around the world.

well lets see. I read that she has family members and Awami League people she appointed in the military. I wouldn't say its a physical impossibility. Not saying its likely under the current state of things, but to say its impossible is being naive, thats how coups happen around the world.

I didn't say impossible. But the practical probability is very low.

4. Judgemental - Deciding who is a Muslim and who is not.
Judgements are sometimes necessary. No prophet or messenger will come after Muhammad ( pbuh) is central belief in Islam.
It's clearly written in Quran.

So indeed people aren't Muslim who think there are prophets after Muhammad ( pbuh).

However I've no issue with anyone, just stating the fact.

Who will go to hell or heaven it's a different issue though. As surah Bakara verse 62 , and surah Al mayidah verse 69 made it clear!

I really want you people to apply Islamic rules in your Islamic country. Be it Pakistan or Bangladesh.
I always wonder why it is not there!!!?
Because there are no strict law in Islam. What you see in Afghanistan ( under Taliban rule , or in many Arabian countries, aren't supported by Quran. Hence we aren't going to impose such absurd rules that some are selling in the name of Islam.

They always do in Bangladesh. Nobody is forcing them to use head cover. If some are doing , they are doing it by their own will.

I agree! I do not think the central government in BD will enforce such a rule like it’s done in countries like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan etc etc

But I am pretty sure local Islamist thugs will be emboldened to practice mob rule. And a BNP/Jamat led government will not prosecute them.

We saw it under previous BNP/Jamat rule.

We also saw mullahs spewing venom via loud speakers - which radicalises the weak minded.

This is what they call Islamisation.

I agree! I do not think the central government in BD will enforce such a rule like it’s done in countries like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan etc etc

But I am pretty sure local Islamist thugs will be emboldened to practice mob rule. And a BNP/Jamat led government will not prosecute them.

We saw it under previous BNP/Jamat rule.

We also saw mullahs spewing venom via loud speakers - which radicalises the weak minded.

This is what they call Islamisation.
People should learn lesson. If again BNP comes to power ( with or without jama'at Islam backup) they won't create another Bangla bhai or shaikh Abdur Rahman who will force local people to pay jizziya tax!

AL didn't learn form past mistake , so now they are overthrown. No one expected that the ruthless AL regime will be kicked out overnight!

If next govt ( after this interim govt) do anything that goes against people's freedom , they will face the same consequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back