PAF F-16 | Discussions

Pakistan Air Force fighter jets and armed drones continue to engage terrorist hideouts based on reliable intelligence info. Tangoes in Tirah tasted the latest volley of air strikes last night! The message was and is very clear, we will destroy all the enemies of the state!
1712079150012.png

@Quwa, I recall these upgrades to block-70 standard used to be a lot more expensive (30 to 40 million a piece). They now cost $10mn a piece for at least upgrade from later blocks (40 to 52). Do you think PAF will be looking to get its hand on these for at least its Block 52 fleet, given people say access is no longer an issue just the cost?

The Taiwan upgrade deal was valued at 4.5 billion for 139 units or 32 mn a piece, but that was an upgrade from block 20 and included things most of PAF fleet has already received (SLEP, HMCS and Sniper targeting pod). It also has items the PAF doesnt necessarily need like "an ethernet high speed data network, a new center cockpit pedestal display, and heavyweight landing gear".

It seems just the bare minimum of the AESA radar and associated upgrade to Mission computer to bring the PAF F-16s to Air Dominance spec will come at a paltry 10 mn a piece.

Boss, Ukraine is a large country, if can remember at combat speed of F86F Sabre the flying time from Sargodha to Lahore border was 9mins.

trust me BVR matters but it will get quickly to merge - much much quickly

Ukraine is smaller than Pakistan. It only looks big on a flat map due to the Mercator projection.

Indus Viper on Red Carpet!

The picture was taken during the launch ceremony of F-16C/D's 3rd batch for Pakistan Air Force at Lockheed Martin facility in Fort Worth, Texas.
1712168396962.png

Well if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Because I was inverted!

May be an image of aircraft and text

To @rajnathsingh

This one type of aircraft from our inventory is better than 90% of your airforce's equipment, and the men who fly it are considered to be one of the finest on earth. This adventure won't end well for you at all, you air force knows it but you don't.
1712513205813.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back