The J-20 Challenge: Can India Bridge the Fighter Jet Gap With China?

This is an example of the difference in quality between Chinese and Indian military hardware. Notice how the Chinese tank fell apart on its own, forcing the crew to jump out because the ventilation system was not working properly. Do you think these machines will perform well in a war?

I'm sorry to tell you this. Chinese tanks won first place in the Russian tank competition

Chinese tanks are exported to North Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Iran, Thailand, Pakistan, Myanmar, Egypt, Algeria, etc.... And participate in the Iran Iraq War.

As a reminder. India is still unable to produce qualified rifles.

and India cannot even make bullets.

Are Indians certain that the Indian army can go to war???

So. A backward agricultural country like India. What is the relationship between the word "quality" and India?
Didn't you see how the Chinese tank was falling apart while running? The crew had to exit the tank, and one crew member even fainted, most likely because the ventilation system stopped working.

Listen you He-Man China..... Firstly take your dragon nails sikkim, ladakh and Arunachal which are right now under Indian nailcutter.... in 2035 you will be fielding 1000s of chini junk quality fighters that we will discuss in 2035...... right now do something about your dragon nails which are under our iron arrest......
Oh no. Now I am sending Chinese Junk quality J-10C to fly over Mount Everest. Promise me. Don't worry about these Junk quality J-10C, okay?

Screenshot_20240615_165140.jpg

This has gone a little too far as we have some Indian pdf posters dragging the quality of this thread down to the gutter.

Fair enough that they do not think that J-20 is not that good but to say the jet will "fall apart" due to defective build quality is trolling for the sake of it.

We need mods to take action here to restore some quality to this thread.

Make sure they don't fall apart; remember, these are Chinese-made jets. They're not some high quality jets like Tejas or Rafales.

Tejas and good quality are two words so much apart like East & West, left & right or day & night!

Do you even read the BS you are posting and where is proof since you constantly demand this from me and others? Where in which detail (especially build-quality, surface finish …) is the Tejas better than any of the latest CHinese fighters?

Last edited:
This has gone a little too far as we have some Indian pdf posters dragging the quality of this thread down to the gutter.

Fair enough that they do not think that J-20 is not that good but to say the jet will "fall apart" due to defective build quality is trolling for the sake of it.

We need mods to take action here to restore some quality to this thread.
I don't think the J-20 isn't good enough in general I just think it isn't good enough against USAF and USN 5h gen fighters. In fact, I think the J-20 tech is nowhere near the same league as the F-22 and definitely the F-35. But J-20 against 4th gen fighters in BVR... that's a huge problem.

Another huge advantage is high Mach-1 sustained super cruise.

That is why some people do not include the F-35 as a true 5th generation fighter as it cannot supercruise.
It should be more accurate for F35B, while F35A and F35C do not have such problems

Don't need it

Most likely radar will be developed to detect so called stealth fighters in coming years.

All Country should be careful to invest huge money on such fighters.. they should only keep maintain 200-300 fighters maximum
China already has this radar, and I once saw with my own eyes that the J-20 went to expel the F35

I don't think the J-20 isn't good enough in general I just think it isn't good enough against USAF and USN 5h gen fighters. In fact, I think the J-20 tech is nowhere near the same league as the F-22 and definitely the F-35. But J-20 against 4th gen fighters in BVR... that's a huge problem.
The F-35 can only see the J20 in the rearview mirror

The F-35 can only see the J20 in the rearview mirror
And J-20 can't see F-35 at all. Only time J-20 pilot knows F-35 is there is when it gets hit by missile.

Again J-20 can't yet super cruise with it’s ws-10c engine.their own ws-19 is not ready yet.same with russian su-57.and F-35 can of course super cruise. No argument here.
Who said that the pilot of J20 confirmed that J20 can supercruise with the present engine

lol.F-35 can surely super cruise in mach 1. stop believing those cheap propaganda.btw china's j-20' ws-10c can't super cruise in mach 1.
You are trying to convince yourself of the nonsense you uttered, and if the J-20' WS-10C can't supersonic super cruise, then what did I see that day?

If the situation demands a turning dogfight, however, the F-35 evidently will be able to hold its own with any fighter. That is a reflection on the fighter’s agility. What’s more, a potential future upgrade foresees the F-35 increasing its air-to-air missile loadout from its current four AIM-120 AMRAAMs to six of those weapons.

The F-35, while not technically a "supercruising" aircraft, can maintain Mach 1.2 for a dash of 150 miles without using fuel-gulping afterburners.

"Mach 1.2 is a good speed for you, according to the pilots," O’Bryan said.

The high speed also allows the F-35 to impart more energy to a weapon such as a bomb or missile, meaning the aircraft will be able to "throw" such munitions farther than they could go on their own energy alone.

There is a major extension of the fighter’s range if speed is kept around Mach .9, O’Bryan went on, but he asserted that F-35 transonic performance is exceptional and goes "through the [Mach 1] number fairly easily." The transonic area is "where you really operate."

In combat configuration, the F-35’s range exceeds that of fourth generation fighters by 25 percent. These are Air Force figures, O’Bryan noted. "We’re comparing [the F-35] to [the] ‘best of’ fourth gen" fighters. The F-35 "compares favorably in any area of the envelope," he asserted.

F-35 wasn't built to supercruise and it doesn't need to supercruise to dominate in air to air the F-22's at Red Flag are finding that out.

It should be more accurate for F35B, while F35A and F35C do not have such problems

Neither F-35A or F-35C can supercruise as well.

They are better than F-35B but nowhere near true 5th generation fighters like F-22 and J-20(with WS-15) in kinematic performance. This is what happens when you design an "all in one" fighter and not one purey designed for air supremacy.

Notice the Mach 1.6 top speed and 7.5G maximum g load.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 08.46.49.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 08.46.49.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back