• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.
  • Welcome back: we lost 1 week of data but the forum is 100% fixed. I will restore everything in the morning

US Politics

FuturePAF

Think Tank Analyst
Dec 17, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Good Good! So the idea is to consolidate Nicky and Ron in New Hampshire as the party's duo? Fun times!
Nikki Haley will do well in New Hampshire because Independents can vote in the Republican primary and it’s basically the GOP minus the religious element. But New Hampshire primary is not reflective of the national Republican base.

She won’t do as well where there is a religious element to the voter base.

vasanthm

Jan 10, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
All said and done, why are there no equivalent candidates from other South Asian countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka in the US, UK etc?

FuturePAF

Think Tank Analyst
Dec 17, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
All said and done, why are there no equivalent candidates from other South Asian countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka in the US, UK etc?
Most of the older South Asian community have shied away from what has been perceived as the dirty business of politics. A lingering holdover from their countries of origin. Politics was seen as tainted by all, but probably not as much as by Indian origin south Asians, because of India’s own political landscape.

Not so much with the younger generation. The overhang from 9/11 to keep a low profile has gone and participation to protect our rights is the attitude of the day.

You will see more politicians come from these various countries, but in the democrat party, where many of these young people think they are welcome, there is a “pay your dues” kind of mindset. Seniority is prized most; hence the Biden Presidency and gerontocracy in government.

It will take time for people to rise through the ranks, especially as the country gets more diverse and certain “ethnic names” don’t carry the same penalty they once did.

pikkuboss

Jan 28, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nikki Haley will do well in New Hampshire because Independents can vote in the Republican primary and it’s basically the GOP minus the religious element. But New Hampshire primary is not reflective of the national Republican base.

She won’t do as well where there is a religious element to the voter base.

2 Whites and 2 Indians on that board as Chris dropped out. Woww!

Guru Dutt

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 5

Sharma Ji

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
From among the 2 Indian origin candidates:

Namrata Randhawa is an out and out neocon warmonger, fugg that bix.

Rama Swamy is more in the Trumpian 'Murrica first' mould.

Playing the long game, another 10 - 12 years, and he might give it a proper go.. some grey hair, a beard maybe, more monies.. dekho

spammmmer

Dec 22, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Lets hope he wins there are lakhs from my state haryana who are waiting for easy visa terms to settle in usa.
vote for ramaswamy

Guru Dutt

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
From among the 2 Indian origin candidates:

Namrata Randhawa is an out and out neocon warmonger, fugg that bix.

Rama Swamy is more in the Trumpian 'Murrica first' mould.

Playing the long game, another 10 - 12 years, and he might give it a proper go.. some grey hair, a beard maybe, more monies.. dekho
six or my cousins and my elder brother in USA and among Indian NRI community that to so called HINDU BANIYA they preffer democrats as far as i know

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Lets hope he wins there are lakhs from my state haryana who are waiting for easy visa terms to settle in usa.
vote for ramaswamy
LoL there are lakhs of Indians living in US, waiting for more than a decade in hope of PR in US .
Aur Haryanvi soch rahe settle hone ka via speedrun.

Last edited:

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
vote for ramaswamy

Off late Im noting on you tube that every world tourer, traveler, be it in car, bike, or cycle, and most every world travel chick (chicky beachy travel blogs) is from Haryana.

@Sam. aapne note kiya?

@Sharma Ji

Cheers, Doc