PAF Future Acquisition Plans

The percentage of Chinese origin fighter aircrafts is ever increasing in PAF inventory. In this situation the retirement of ZDK-03 is quite surprising. The AEW system should be more compatible with JF-17 and J-10s and it is also fairly new.

If the radar performance was not that satisfactory, they could have opted for the upgrades instead of retirement. For example, the AESA radar that is being used by KJ-500.

The percentage of Chinese origin fighter aircrafts is ever increasing in PAF inventory. In this situation the retirement of ZDK-03 is quite surprising. The AEW system should be more compatible with JF-17 and J-10s and it is also fairly new.

If the radar performance was not that satisfactory, they could have opted for the upgrades instead of retirement. For example, the AESA radar that is being used by KJ-500.
They are retiring the radars not the planes. Planes will get converted into some other role. Also, JF-17 and J-10 are fully integrated with SAAB and more SAAB are coming.

PAF CHECKMATES PAKISTAN'S ENEMIES16 January, 2024: PAF Checkmates Pakistan's Enemies while strategically outplaying adversaries under the visionary leadership of Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu. Pakistan Air Force has undertaken a transformative modernization initiative to counter evolving threats in the current geostrategic threat scenario, prioritizing the induction of modern systems through smart acquisitions and indigenization. Pakistan Air Force has adopted a comprehensive strategy to establish PAF as a potent force and to rebalance the power dynamics in the region. Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Pakistan Air Force has led the PAF on path to becoming a Next Generation Air Force with induction of niche technologies, state-of-the-art equipment and human resource trained on modern standards with contemporary architecture for Full Spectrum Cross Domain Multi Arena warfare readiness in the fields of Aviation, Space, Cyber, Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology to address the modern aerial warfare challenges. The acquisition of J-10C fighter jets, Unmanned Aerial Systems, modern electronic warfare platforms, force multipliers, state-of-the-art integrated air defence systems, air mobility platforms, HIMADS and hypersonic missile capabilities at an unprecedented pace has bolstered the PAF’s war fighting capabilities. A key milestone in this strategic transformation has been the acquisition of Fifth Generation Stealth fighter jets, the foundation of whose induction into the PAF has already been laid which will ensure an impregnable defence of the country. *PAF SPOKESPERSON*
One of the most STUPID videos I've ever seen.

Looks like a 5 year old made this rather than some so called "professional institution".

Last edited:
ZDK, Mirage, F-7 and CN235 legacy and on the way out.

Confirmation of VERA E, Hisar 1 SAM, Airborne standoff jammer, HQ-16FE, high energy laser, CWIS, Y-8E, ASAT(offensive space capability)?. Still in the first couple of minutes and digesting more.

View attachment 11810
View attachment 11811
@farooqbhai @HRK
No not HISAR1 SAM. HISAR-1 is EW system. Have confirmed this. If it was SAM it would have been with HQ16FE

PAF CHECKMATES PAKISTAN'S ENEMIES16 January, 2024: PAF Checkmates Pakistan's Enemies while strategically outplaying adversaries under the visionary leadership of Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu. Pakistan Air Force has undertaken a transformative modernization initiative to counter evolving threats in the current geostrategic threat scenario, prioritizing the induction of modern systems through smart acquisitions and indigenization. Pakistan Air Force has adopted a comprehensive strategy to establish PAF as a potent force and to rebalance the power dynamics in the region. Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Pakistan Air Force has led the PAF on path to becoming a Next Generation Air Force with induction of niche technologies, state-of-the-art equipment and human resource trained on modern standards with contemporary architecture for Full Spectrum Cross Domain Multi Arena warfare readiness in the fields of Aviation, Space, Cyber, Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology to address the modern aerial warfare challenges. The acquisition of J-10C fighter jets, Unmanned Aerial Systems, modern electronic warfare platforms, force multipliers, state-of-the-art integrated air defence systems, air mobility platforms, HIMADS and hypersonic missile capabilities at an unprecedented pace has bolstered the PAF’s war fighting capabilities. A key milestone in this strategic transformation has been the acquisition of Fifth Generation Stealth fighter jets, the foundation of whose induction into the PAF has already been laid which will ensure an impregnable defence of the country. *PAF SPOKESPERSON*
I would share this video on Western (US) defense blog to get reactions from the users and also show/inform PAF capabilities to the audience (which frankly is much needed). But watching this video makes me not wanting to do that in fear of getting trolled for the quality. Seriously our armed forces require much better marketing and PR strategists and video + graphics designers. In this day and age, everything is marketed/promoted to sell and that's the basic rule, if you market/promote it better then you can get potential/interested audience and hopefully buyers. That's the problem we got from JF17 platform, which is quite a misunderstood platform on the Western defense social media (although there are some deficiencies that need to be addressed). If JF17 is marketed/promoted properly then it could be a competitor to KAI T50. I hope our military industrial complex understands this and address it sooner.

One of the most STUPID videos I've ever seen.

Looks like a 5 year old made this rather than some so called "professional institution".
It's not that bad but yeah a lot of stock footage being used and outdated editing effects that look more childish now. (Probably still an improvement for them ig)

They should take inspiration from Turkish, Chinese, American press releases and editing to gain insight.

I would share this video on Western (US) defense blog to get reactions from the users and also show/inform PAF capabilities to the audience (which frankly is much needed). But watching this video makes me not wanting to do that in fear of getting trolled for the quality. Seriously our armed forces require much better marketing and PR strategists and video + graphics designers. In this day and age, everything is marketed/promoted to sell and that's the basic rule, if you market/promote it better then you can get potential/interested audience and hopefully buyers. That's the problem we got from JF17 platform, which is quite a misunderstood platform on the Western defense social media (although there are some deficiencies that need to be addressed). If JF17 is marketed/promoted properly then it could be a competitor to KAI T50. I hope our military industrial complex understands this and address it sooner.
Post it any way, only way you can improve is through criticism and learning from around you.

ZDK, Mirage, F-7 and CN235 legacy and on the way out.

Confirmation of VERA E, Hisar 1 SAM, Airborne standoff jammer, HQ-16FE, high energy laser, CWIS, Y-8E, ASAT(offensive space capability)?. Still in the first couple of minutes and digesting more.

View attachment 11810
View attachment 11811
@farooqbhai @HRK
I too played the video multiple times on 0.25 play speed .... I don't when in the past PAF was ever this much forthcoming and indiscreet about it's operational systems and induction programs .... I too took same screenshots as you shared in the post and some more and still trying to completely grasping it.
I think by Hypersonic,they are referring to CM-400AKG missile.
Yaap

CN235 are very new as compared to C-130s. Does not make any sense to retire them. In fact should acquire more CN295s if anything.
It says in the video that all these decisions are due to "current resource contraints".

It seems that the economic decline of last 2 years is now biting into PAF inventory. Possibly they are eliminating assets of higher costs and lesser value in order to maintain the those of higher priority.

Meaning these decisions are forced due to budget issues.

Last edited:
I too played the video multiple times on 0.25 play speed .... I don't when in the past PAF was ever this much forthcoming and indiscreet about it's operational systems and induction programs .... I too took same screenshots as you shared in the post and some more and still trying to completely grasping it.

Yaap
Exactly, remember how it was just a few years ago, we were scrapping for small improvements’ news. This is unprecedented, complete transformation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back