Iranian President Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian die in helicopter crash in East Azerbaijan

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Nov 14, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
According to the Turkish analysts, including a former NATO general, it's more of an assassination attempt than an accident. Three choppers were flying together, but only Reisi's one got hit by the inclement weather to such an extent that you can't even find the wreckage! Too good to be true....

Most probably it's an act of an EA.....

The Turkish authorities are taking it extremely seriously given the Iran-Azerbaijan reproachment in the light of opening the Zengizur corridor, being opposed by Iran, to connect the Turkic states with Turkey.....

Last edited:

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
can you make it a habit to provide translation when a non-english source is shared?
this is the Iranian section so as far as I know we can choose to speak in Persian or English.

nonetheless, that says the Iranian Red Crescent teams are 3 hours away from reaching one of the suspected sites of the crash landing

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Motjaba is ayatollah, Raisi is not (well not until Khamenei decided he should get elected in 2021)

Motjaba is younger than Raisi

Motjaba should be unifying too, who will protest against the son of Khamenei?
Many

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
"I am highly skeptical of some of the claims the gov has been talking with one the crew crew of the helicopter, if they did have coms with someone the first thing would be confirming is president alive 1 and 2 if so he would get priority use of any coms that were working."

@jauk
I agree. Given that, we can’t totally dismiss a messaging disaster either.

If indeed they were tragically killed, aside from a few missteps, the over release of information is not entirely poor.

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
this is the Iranian section so as far as I know we can choose to speak in Persian or English.

nonetheless, that says the Iranian Red Crescent teams are 3 hours away from reaching one of the suspected sites of the crash landing

I think the forum as a whole should take a decision on this - as a ruling ? ( ie admins and owners ? )

As someone who does not speak Persian, or Urdu let alone Turkish or Hindi - the utility of this forum decreases if we dont agree on a common language to exchange views and ideas.

Aziqbal

Aug 26, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
they said they have found the crash sites

I hope the President is alive and it was not a crash just a hard landing

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Helicopters are difficult to use and maintain for routine transportation. However, POTUS routinely travels in Marine One without any incident so far. But my guess is, Marine One would not have flown in this weather condition in this terrain. Big part of their safety record is knowing when not to fly.

Lol you are comparing a $200M+ Marine One helicopter rwith an Iranian 1960’s Bell helicopter that lacked even basic tech such as geolocator?

That’s like comparing an F-22 to a beaten up Cessna

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
is any drone designed to operate in the middle of such terrible conditions overnight in the rain ?

and even if something like Shahed-147 could be useful here, how long would it take to fly from Persian Gulf bases to Tabriz? these drones usually travel around 200-300km/hr, so it would take many hours
usually when you go a little higher , the weather will become a lot better

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest