Myanmar Fires on Bangladeshi Ships Towards Saint Martin

Dec 18, 2023
Nope as BD submarines are upgraded and just as good as the 1980s kilo that India supplied and the other Ming sub they have.

Did I not cover the ample supply of FM-90 SAMs that BA would use to provide air cover? If the MAF wanted to attack the BA then they would have to fly down to at least medium altitude and that is where the mobile FM-90 comes into play. BD also has a lot of modern MANPADs to deal with even lower flying aircraft and they can also threaten medium altitude planes as well.

MAF is not going to fair well if it goes into ground attack mode with BA in Arakhan and remember that BA has dozens of these batteries:

"
The ground-based air defence weapon system features a VLSI technology-based computer, two-waveband tracking radar, an infrared camera and digital electronic technology for increased capabilities against active/passive jamming.

The system has a 25km radar detecting range, is capable of attacking three targets simultaneously by employing three different guidance modes and has anti-missile ability against ultra-low-altitude cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles, and anti-radiation missiles at a distance of 17km."
You really don’t know nothing about modern warfare. You're talking as if bd army will hit every maf plane out of sky.Myanmar will definitely have an advantage over BD in conventional war.bd army have 9 infantry Division and couple of armoured brigade.if war breaks out than bd can assemble 6-7 infantry division. Myanmar can do same.the war will be standstill.however Myanmar can easily destroy baf airbase,naval base with it’s ballistic missile acquired from north korea and china.the war will only be couple of weeks.international power will intervene.however,the milii infrastructure of bd will be higly damaged.but Bd will not be reciprocal the same to Myanmar.

Dec 18, 2023
Myanmar is in the middle of a civil war and struggling at the moment against numerous independent movements

This is the time to start training the rohingya refugees still remaining in Bangladesh, arming them in preparation of obtaining a free Arakan
No.BD shouldn’t do that.it'll be a disaster.who knows those rohingya can turn against Bangladesh??so,no one should arming Rohingya muslims.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bangladeshs military planning has been poor, let's be honest

If you are in their situation, with a crazed, untrustworthy junta on one side led by idiot of a leader and Burma on the other then for self preservation you need a decent military plan with sensible purchases

Bangladeshs military is underwhelming considering the possible threats and after the Rohingya situation the first thing Bangladesh should have done is build up it's military

Bangladesh has good relations with Turkey and China and needs to fill in the holes in it's military planning

Priority number one should be expansion of the air force, followed by expansion of naval assets and use Turkeys experience to expand your drone forces

I would personally do what Pakistan has J10-JF17 combo,
Alternatively just go for what you want but don't procrastinate

J-10CE but not JF-17 for two reasons:

1. China cannot be trusted on Myanmar.
2. Performance is lacking.

Would be better if BAF was equipped with 2 squadrons of European fighters like Eurofighter.

BD needs a mix of western, Chinese and Turkish arms.

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Last edited:

Pingle

Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bangladesh holds a special place in my heart. I am convinced that among all the nations in South Asia, Bangladesh possesses the greatest potential for growth and development. The nation's rich history, vibrant traditions, and social make-up are all indicators of a bright future.

I understand that Bangladesh has only recently gained independence, and this transition comes with its own set of challenges. However, I find it perplexing that the government shows reluctance in making substantial investments in its military capabilities. What could be the reason behind Prime Minister Hassina's hesitation?

Considering the fact that Bangladesh shares its borders with a significantly larger neighboring country and faces the issue of extreme overpopulation, there exists a potential pretext that could provide international justification for Bangladesh to take action. I hope you understand the implications of what I am trying to convey here.

This is an extraordinary opportunity that comes once in a century, and it seems that Bangladesh is missing out on it. It is crucial for the nation to seize this chance and make the most of its potential for the betterment of its people and the region as a whole.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I don't have any comprehension issue..... nowhere rebels have taken control upto 50% of the territory.... they are still proudly patrolling near st. Martin.......

Dude that article says that Myanmar controls less than 50% of its territory.

That means that the rebel groups put together have control of more than 50% as no territory can have 'no control" for any length of time as power vaccuum is always filled quickly.

So the point is that a Myanmar at war with itself is in no position to wage war on BD and if BD was to actively supply/help the rebels they would be in even bigger trouble.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We should not forget that any act of aggression towards BD will undoubtedly result in significant diplomatic and military backing from Türkiye. The underlying message here is that any potential conflict between BD and MM would serve as a clear invitation for third-party nations with connections to the region.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bangladesh holds a special place in my heart. I am convinced that among all the nations in South Asia, Bangladesh possesses the greatest potential for growth and development. The nation's rich history, vibrant traditions, and social make-up are all indicators of a bright future.

I understand that Bangladesh has only recently gained independence, and this transition comes with its own set of challenges. However, I find it perplexing that the government shows reluctance in making substantial investments in its military capabilities. What could be the reason behind Prime Minister Hassina's hesitation?

Considering the fact that Bangladesh shares its borders with a significantly larger neighboring country and faces the issue of extreme overpopulation, there exists a potential pretext that could provide international justification for Bangladesh to take action. I hope you understand the implications of what I am trying to convey here.

This is an extraordinary opportunity that comes once in a century, and it seems that Bangladesh is missing out on it. It is crucial for the nation to seize this chance and make the most of its potential for the betterment of its people and the region as a whole.

Yes BD has every potential to become the first developed country in South Asia but we have a big question mark....

BD cannot even defend its critical infrastructure and military bases from air attack from the tiny warring mess next door. It is not impossible that they may decide to go down and take BD with them as they have not much to lose.

Why could this be as it seems really strange since BD could easily afford at least a MRSAM system which would severely blunt any surprise attack from MAF?

It is not what some posters say that BD only buys military equipment that is "approved" by India as BA has 18 Turkish TRG-300 Tiger MLRS with range of 120km and those are more a threat to India than Myanmar due to the concentration of Indian targets on BD border.

Hard to say for sure but it may have to do with the fact that Hasina has this delusion that BD will never be attacked and is so focused on economic development that she thinks even a paltry 1 billion US dollars for MRSAM to protect the most important infrastructure and military bases is too much money at this time.

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Bangladesh prioritizes economic development as there is no active threat to our security.

Large population can cut both ways, if you can contiue to grow your economy sustainablely, they become a huge asset With significant potential. But if your economy is in gutter, then large population is only a strain on the state to bear. BD does not want to see itself in the later situation.

You have to remember, even in 2010 BD's GDP was only $115 billions. Now it's $460 billions. We were quite poor even just a decade and a half ago. There wasn't lot of forex available to spend on large scale procurements. However, there has been lots investment in raising new military formations and building neccessary infastracture to accommodate them in the same period. Bangladesh army has increased nearly 30% in size since 2010. This decade focus has shifted more on procurements more. But current economic recession has set us back temporarily. But there are talks going on the Navy side.

Mehmed Beg

Jun 16, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Wtf is your problem with us? Get your facts straight! Birth rate in BD is 1.98 per women. And you are the last person we need any help from, lol.

We are aware of our problem and we will take necessary steps to mitigate it. Myanmar is in no place to crediblely threaten us. Unless they want to go nuts. Which they won't as they are too busy fighting among themselves.

BD will continue to focus internally and prioritize economic development while maintaining a defensive posture. In which we have done decent job so far given where we were before.
Really? What's your population today? 170 plus millions? What was 1967 when I was born? 65 67 millions?
Do you, in general, talk about the unity of Muslims? Yet , in your case it lasted 23 years? No? For how many years you are talking about the purchase of the airplanes? 15 years? And what has happened? Am I getting it wrong?
Do the majority of the people from Indian Subcontinent are talking how Arabs or Turks or other Muslims are bad , unless or traitors when it comes to Palestine yet, you guy conveniently forgot that you do absolutely nothing even for yourself? Since you guys call for the unity of Muslims and doing not much then who is supposed to come and fight for you?
Of course if you are threatened, i would come there, I see it as am obligation plus I am experienced.
These are pretty logical conclusions if you disagree then go tomorrow and buy a plan, anyway as I can see , economically you are doing OK Elhamdullilah

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Really? What's your population today? 170 plus millions? What was 1967 when I was born? 65 67 millions?
Do you, in general, talk about the unity of Muslims? Yet , in your case it lasted 23 years? No? For how many years you are talking about the purchase of the airplanes? 15 years? And what has happened? Am I getting it wrong?
Do the majority of the people from Indian Subcontinent are talking how Arabs or Turks or other Muslims are bad , unless or traitors when it comes to Palestine yet, you guy conveniently forgot that you do absolutely nothing even for yourself? Since you guys call for the unity of Muslims and doing not much then who is supposed to come and fight for you?
Of course if you are threatened, i would come there, I see it as am obligation plus I am experienced.
These are pretty logical conclusions if you disagree then go tomorrow and buy a plan, anyway as I can see , economically you are doing OK Elhamdullilah

Yes current BD government are delusional when it comes to defence.

They need to prioritise a cost-effective way to blunt the MAF air supremacy and the cost would be peanuts for BD.

No point building a great ecoomy if it can be destroyed in days by a crazy disintegrating neighbour next week.

As for calling Turks and some Arabs traitors when it comes to Palestine, that is logically correct and just because BD has a ridiculousy pacifist government does not take away our right to call out what we see as regards Palestine.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nope as BD submarines are upgraded and just as good as the 1980s kilo that India supplied and the other Ming sub they have.

Did I not cover the ample supply of FM-90 SAMs that BA would use to provide air cover? If the MAF wanted to attack the BA then they would have to fly down to at least medium altitude and that is where the mobile FM-90 comes into play. BD also has a lot of modern MANPADs to deal with even lower flying aircraft and they can also threaten medium altitude planes as well.

MAF is not going to fair well if it goes into ground attack mode with BA in Arakhan and remember that BA has dozens of these batteries:

"
The ground-based air defence weapon system features a VLSI technology-based computer, two-waveband tracking radar, an infrared camera and digital electronic technology for increased capabilities against active/passive jamming.

The system has a 25km radar detecting range, is capable of attacking three targets simultaneously by employing three different guidance modes and has anti-missile ability against ultra-low-altitude cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles, and anti-radiation missiles at a distance of 17km."
The problem is,the FM-90 is not enough. The good thing is,the BD Army has enough numbers,about 36 batteries apparently and the BD Air Force has according to wikipedia just 6 systems. The rest is just manpads.

The Myanmaris have a much stronger Air Defence

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 23-44-54 Myanmar Air Defense Forces - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 23-45-13 Myanmar Air Defense Forces - Wikipedia.png

But the bigger problem is that the BD Air Force has a very small number of fighters

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 23-46-45 Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia.png

Compared to the Myanmar Air Force,they are at a disadvantage

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 23-45-39 Myanmar Air Force - Wikipedia.png

I didn't include the Training Aircraft which can also be used as well,because even there the Myanmaris have a significantly larger number.

Basically it's just like @Admiral General Aladin told you in an earlier post.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@Foinikas

You talk that MAF has 200 or more of high performance well maintained 4th generation aircraft but the reality is that they have just 60.

Around half of them would be non-operational at any one time due to poor maintenance and storage - there was a report recently that their JF-17s were not in a flyable condition. I have no idea whether the serious issues have been fixed yet.

I also do not have much hope about anything more than 30-50% operational rates for their Mig-29s and Su-30s.

Any war between BD and Myanmar is not going to last more than 1-2 weeks and MAF would need some time to get rid of BAF that still has 8 recently modernised Mig-29s and 40 F-7s that would still need to be taken care of.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 22.02.15.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest