Rafale M Deal: India and France to Fast-Track Negotiations After Elections

That’s a disturbing news. Hope that these aspects are clarified in due course.

I do agree though about our archaic procurement procedures.

He's bullshitting. The Navy did an evaluation of the Rafale and Super Hornet at Goa. Rafale M was there for 12 days. You think something as basic as whether it fits on the lift or in the hangar will be omitted?

Some people have an axe to grind and think they're smarter sitting on computers, than professionals on the ground.

Leave it be. The opinion on this forum doesn't matter. Just take it as entertainment and move on.

I pee myself laughing sometimes

Did they check the elevator on the Vikrant

FFS man the carrier cost three billion dollars and rafale will.cost six billion more

How stupid are we

Stick to your petrol pump jobs and
Driving jobs I think the country with the fastest growing gdp in the planet and 600 billion in Forex may be smarter than we key board generals think

I think that India should immedidiately stop buying any 4+ generation fighters.

They have something like a 10:1 loss ratio against 5th gen fighters.

Pakistan would only need to buy around 40 J-31s and they will dominate the Indian Air Force.

India may need to sacrifice some of its sovereignty and get some F-35s from the US as if it continues on its current course in just 3-4 years from now, the PAF will dominate the skies of South Asia.

If Pakistan acquires J-31s expect a lot of pain during IMF negotiations

If Pakistan acquires J-31s expect a lot of pain during IMF negotiations

IMF has already said that any money They will give, must not be used to pay off China

Let's see from where they will get the 4 billion USD for 30 J31CE

IMF has already said that any money They will give, must not be used to pay off China

Let's see from where they will get the 4 billion USD for 30 J31CE

China will likely gift them in that case on interest free loans that may be written off in the future.

It wants to keep India "busy" and facing off against Pakistan and giving PAF 40 J-31s will be a small price to pay for that.

You are correct

Babu's within MOD are saying that we can buy 300 Tejas Mk1a/Mk2 for the price of 114 MRFA

India does need Rafales as the tip of the spear to face off against chinese J20 , but 36 are not enough
IAF had suggested that they need a minimum of 80 Rafales type jets for fulfilling all its obligations
By the time Tejas Mk2 enters service, Mirage 2000 and Mig29 would be on their way out
Hence I expect around 3 sqds of Rafale F5 to be ordered sometime in 2026-27 with these aircrafts directly Replacing 1 squadron each Of Mig29 and Mirage2000
The Tejas MK2 will be a more advanced fighter jet compared to the Rafale. It will be capable of carrying 8 BVR missiles, two BrahMos NG missiles, and will have a combat range of 1,500 kilometers.

That will be known before any contract signature with Dassault. Those are kinds of things that will have to thrashed out BEFORE any contract will be agreed upon by the Indian Navy and MoD. If Dassault can't deliver within a sensible time frame, I doubt there will be any deal.

And then? Then India again will open the next contender and - similar to the tanker-requirement, where nothing on the requirements was changes - they are surprised that the outcome will be the same. In the meantime, lots of valuable time is lost, prises are higher, Dassault - maybe after getting addition deals - has an ever larger order-backlog and India will have to wait even longer.

Ergo: Nothing is gained and all is lost ... but in the meantime Indiam-Fan-boys are happiliy ignoring reality and post such BS:

1717143568762.png

1717143658749.png

or just as I thought about it, such BS like this: 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

The Tejas MK2 will be a more advanced fighter jet compared to the Rafale. It will be capable of carrying 8 BVR missiles, two BrahMos NG missiles, and will have a combat range of 1,500 kilometers.

Yes for sure ... Tejas Mk.2 will be able to "It will be capable of carrying 8 BVR missiles, two BrahMos NG missiles, and will have a combat range of 1,500 kilometers." And surely all at once.

Oh no, not again this BS ... are you the same nerd who posted this BS on the SDF????

And then? Then India again will open the next contender and - similar to the tanker-requirement, where nothing on the requirements was changes - they are surprised that the outcome will be the same. In the meantime, lots of valuable time is lost, prises are higher, Dassault - maybe after getting addition deals - has an ever larger order-backlog and India will have to wait even longer.

Ergo: Nothing is gained and all is lost ... but in the meantime Indiam-Fan-boys are happiliy ignoring reality and post such BS:

View attachment 44393

View attachment 44394

or just as I thought about it, such BS like this: 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Yes for sure ... Tejas Mk.2 will be able to "It will be capable of carrying 8 BVR missiles, two BrahMos NG missiles, and will have a combat range of 1,500 kilometers." And surely all at once.

Oh no, not again this BS ... are you the same nerd who posted this BS on the SDF????
Lol what is the pathetic X from Indian, where was the J-20 in Egypt doing excercise with IAF in Egypt Lol, and if mki is able do detect and shoot down J-20 at long range, so what happens to their mighty RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI J-20 can detect/track/engage their mighty RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI much much earlier than MKI, because MKI has one of the biggest radar cross-section among 4th gen jets (after F15) and also remember sir J-20 has advantage of BVR (PL15 range 205 km) whereas their RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI only able to carry R77 (range 80 km), Astra mk1 (range 110 km) and maybe I-Derby ER (range 105-110 km) , so I don't understand how there RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI is able to shoot down J-20 in BVR combat ?

Indians are always living in their fairy tales, fantasy world and lala land that they assume they will counter J-20 with ease 😆 🤣 😂 😹 lollipop 🍭

Lol what is the pathetic X from Indian, where was the J-20 in Egypt doing excercise with IAF in Egypt Lol, and if mki is able do detect and shoot down J-20 at long range, so what happens to their mighty RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI J-20 can detect/track/engage their mighty RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI much much earlier than MKI, because MKI has one of the biggest radar cross-section among 4th gen jets (after F15) and also remember sir J-20 has advantage of BVR (PL15 range 205 km) whereas their RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI only able to carry R77 (range 80 km), Astra mk1 (range 110 km) and maybe I-Derby ER (range 105-110 km) , so I don't understand how there RAPTOR OF THE EAST MKI is able to shoot down J-20 in BVR combat ?

Indians are always living in their fairy tales, fantasy world and lala land that they assume they will counter J-20 with ease 😆 🤣 😂 😹 lollipop 🍭
There is a perception in India that Chinese quality should not be taken seriously.

There is a perception in India that Chinese quality should not be taken seriously.
Than you're living in delusional, they're (Chinese are) comparable to west EU technologies if not US technologies and they're countering USN/south Korea/Japan in Pacific Ocean, and remember dude JF-17 jammed your mirage2000 radars on 27th Feb 2019, that's the quality you're talking about 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Unlike Pakistan

India has full TOT from Russia

We can make Mig29upg / Mig29Ks RD33Mk engines as well Su30Mki's Al31 engine completely in house

Su30mki is 78% made in India
If you continue to post 8 yr old articles ,
Then we can't say much

BTW how is spares availability of Jf17's Russian RD93 Engine
Since you have to rely on China to buy spares from Russia and supply you.

And. UKRAINE WAR has now forced Russia to buy spares from India.

Yeah, and your source is "trust me bro" when literally Indian media and the experiance of every other Russian equipment user points to spares issues and ower availability.

Do you have any up to date source that India has overcome it's woful servicability issues? I will wait....

Than you're living in delusional, they're (Chinese are) comparable to west EU technologies if not US technologies and they're countering USN/south Korea/Japan in Pacific Ocean, and remember dude JF-17 jammed your mirage2000 radars on 27th Feb 2019, that's the quality you're talking about 😆 🤣 😂 😹
I have seen Indian generals refer to the J-20 as a "tin can," suggesting it would serve as good target practice for the IAF in the event of an air skirmish.

Too much hatred and insecurity towards India seem to be clouding your judgment, which limits your thinking. Allow me to provide you with a recent update: The availability of both the IAF's MiG-29 UPG and Su-30 MKI is expected to increase because the Government of India has either signed or is on the verge of signing contracts for them. In March of this year, the GOI signed a contract worth over 5,000 crores for the procurement of 100+ RD-33 engines for the MiG-29 UPG fleet, with a major focus on indigenizing complex components. This move aims to ensure that the MiG-29 UPG always maintains a higher serviceability rate during high-intensity conflicts. Additionally, these fighters have begun receiving indigenous D29 EW suites and Astra BVRAAMs to enhance their combat performance. Regarding the Su-30 MKIs, the new government formed right after the election is expected to sign a contract for 240 new AL-31 engines, which would further increase availability. The Indian Air Force's Base Repair Depots have managed to make about 15,000 different spare parts for transport aircraft, helicopters and aero engines used by the Indian Air Force. These parts were originally made in other countries, but now they're being made in India. This happened after the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Now, they're working on doing the same thing for some specific types of combat fighters, like the Su-30 MKIs and MiG-29 UPGs.

Not reading all that crap, just provide a source on the increase in serviciability

Then this is a most dangerous mid-conception and in fact the reason, why no-one outside takes India seriously.

As long as your political and military leaders are happy to live in a bubble of illusion, phantasy and propaganda and to keep the uninformed masses in that state of denial, nothing will change.

Tejas Mk2 will almost be at par with Gripen E

It won't match Rafale

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back