Why is there such a big difference The ISS is crowded, but the Chinese Tiangong space station is like an Apple store

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Wow typical Chinese pure denial if something was not indigenous.
Everything is based on something, if it's really as easy as you claim, there wouldn't have been only two space stations up there. you can keep believe China can't innovate, actually we are very happy if more Americans share your opinion. its always a good thing to have a blind enemy.

Hamartia Antidote

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So if works perfectly, what's wrong? besides, everyone can write on wikipedia, many info from wiki are BS. and when could you have your own space station?

Well it looks like you may have copied the new system after all.

newSystem.png

I see the 3 petals and 12 locking slots

nasaDocking.jpeg

NASA docking

Last edited:

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well it looks like you may have copied the new system after all.

View attachment 10766
China always has new things coming out and China is also very good at keeping secrets under wraps. You never know, and you choose to believe wikipedia, lol.
when are you going to have your own space station? is it a national secret of US?

Hamartia Antidote

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
China always has new things coming out and China is also very good at keeping secrets under wraps. You never know, and you choose to believe wikipedia, lol.
when are you going to have your own space station? is it a national secret of US?

LOL! We already did back in 1973 while most of your country was barefoot working the rice fields behind an oxen team.

How come you guys can't create anything this big on your own on your first try like we did?

Everything you do is like 1/10 cramped scale.

Last edited:

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
LOL! We already did back in 1973 while most of your country was barefoot working the rice fields behind an oxen team.

How come you guys can't create anything this big on your own?

Everything you do is like 1/10 scale.

I always know you live in the past, I m talking about now and future, when are you going to have your own space station? now you don't.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Working with foreingers will also slow us down, check out aborted CR929 project, no foreign countries can keep up with our speed.

Thats like comparing Apples and Oranges. Two completely different concepts.

The Plane project is a codevelopment to produce a single product, the ISS project is a modular project, different sections are built by different people, and some people aren't necessarily even dependent on each other. And b/c its modular you can add and replace elements, some modules get decommissioned and replaced.

The US could have built it out on its own as well, in fact it was operating its own station before, but there are benefits to a coalition, not just in terms of the actual building but geopolitical benefit.

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The US could have built it out on its own as well, in fact it was operating its own station before, but there are benefits to a coalition, not just in terms of the actual building but geopolitical benefit.
Now it's time for US to have its own, after this falling out with Russia.

Hamartia Antidote

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I always know you live in the past, I m talking about now and future, when are you going to have your own space station? now you don't.

Well after seeing our success other countries wanted to join.
So we have an international station and over 20 countries have now had their scientists join us in space.
ISSVisitors.png

Maybe someday people will want to collaborate with you...but so far nobody else has been up there. In fact i don't even think you have invited any nations to even ride in your spacecraft nevermind your space station. I know not being "me..me..me..me..me" all the time is a foreign concept to the Chinese...but hey that's why people turn to the US and the Russians and not you.

40 countries have had people sent into space by Russian and US crafts. Even China was only #33.

Dr. Ulf Merbold (first West German in 1983)​

Marc Garneau - Canada's First Astronaut Describes What It's Like To Be In Space (flight in 1984)​

country1.png

country2.png

So far China is still doing the "me...me...me...me...me" with no change on the horizon...

Last edited:

VersusChristi

Dec 15, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Actually... its the other way round. Most non US countries are living in past shadow of USA.

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well after seeing our success other countries wanted to join.
So we have an international station and over 20 countries have now had their scientists join us in space.

Maybe someday people will want to collaborate with you...but so far nobody else has been up there. I know not being "me..me..me..me..me" all the time is a foreign concept to the Chinese.
You sure know the chaos bw you and Russia about ISS after the Ukraine war, don't you?

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Now it's time for US to have its own, after this falling out with Russia.

Russians work on their modules and the US works on its own. The ISS was envisioned in a time where geopolitics were different, but even today its global impact has been profound, which is why in the next space station, it will likely be a group project as well. Not b/c the US can't build its own, but b/c there are social and geopolticial benefits to it. You don't quite grasp these things, so just stick to making cringe insecure comparsions that make no sense.

With this cringe thread and your refusal to look at things impartially, you have even managed to turn off people in the thread that are usually congratulatory towards china, having the opposite effect of what you likely hoped. Do yourself a favor and stop doubling down on the sillyness.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You sure know the chaos bw you and Russia about ISS after the Ukraine war, don't you?

The US already had Skylab, which about the same size as the chinese station, the US valued international participation more so than an exclusive station, b/c the cooperation itself is soft power, which you don't seem to understand.

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
With this cringe thread and your refusal to look at things impartially, you have even managed to turn off people in the thread that are usually congratulatory towards china, having the opposite effect of what you likely hoped. Do yourself a favor and stop doubling down on the sillyness.
LOL, Like who? besides, I didn't make the OP video, you should check out the video, it's a balanced video which actually mentioned all the points you guys used here to defend ISS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts