Pakistan General Elections 2024

Politicians are like Diapers, they both need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

I have lost all respect for these goons
All my patriotism gone to shits

The people are told to be patriotic, follow the rules, pay taxes, behave like sheeps whilst the dacoits can do whatever, they could loot and get away with the state backing.

I dont believe any good person could defend these actions by the rulers.

Whatever the outcome, it is extremely important for Pakistan to not go back to the 'Lost Decade' between 1988-1999 where Benazir and Nawaz played the musical chair for power, co-opting the Establishment. Pakistan's decline started after 1988 otherwise Pakistan was ahead of several countries in the region and looked even better than India. Bangladesh too almost fell in the same vicious cycle with the infighting between Haseena and Khalida but the political stability and continuity of policies under Haseena have enabled BD to rise high. Pakistan doesn't have to go too far to learn a lesson from--from its own estranged sibling BD. India too almost fell into a vicious cycle of power play in late 80s/early 90s but stopped that quickly.

If Imran Khan wins then I hope he will be able to secure the next IMF tranche which is due in just a few weeks and is crucial for Pakistan. But Imran had annoyed not just the Americans but even the Chinese and the Saudis during his rule and/or after his ouster. Pakistanis should come together as a nation and do whatever it takes to go around any IMF restrictions.

Also, Imran will be facing a large opposition in the National Assembly and at least a hostile govt. in Sindh--things that were done by the KP Govt. against the Federal Govt of the Coalition partners could well be paid back by the Sindh Govt. May God protect Pakistan from such a scenario!!

Going forward, Imran should bring the nation together, work on a Charter of Economy, pull Pakistan out of the economic mess even if that would mean eating the proverbial grass. Time for petty politics has been long gone! If Imran doesn't act wisely then he should not forget how his popularity had sunk leading to the NCM vote in April 2022. Just like it seems the voters are punishing the Noonies right now, they WILL punish any govt. which would fail to deliver. That's how democracy works.

I know. But remember the politicians are fighting for the seat not the awaam.

Best example of this is that rehana old women who won against khawaja asif, what exactly does she bring to the table, is she even eduacted enough to even lead any ministry or do substantial work in any domain of public service? People literally voted a non sense women into power and then they expect they'll do or change anything. Vote ki izzat dena yai nahi that you give vote to every tom dick and harry. People literally and delusionalay vote for PTI because of one person's rhetoric, not looking into individual candidates.

People here are saying 40% live below poverty line, like yeah well you just voted for an absolute bonkers unqualified women into power because she's associated with PTI? To change your lives, well good luck with it. This woman would do nothing but engage in hate and vengeful politics. This is what is wrong with pakistan.

And Pmln/PPP dacoits, corrupt, mafias, Tax chors bring everything to the table. Waterboy be a man and admit what's happening is treason, stealing people mandate, breaking the constitution, illegal arrests, false cases, everything is unacceptable.

Democracy itself is a sick joke.

You put into power those who seek it - ie the last sort of person who should be in power.

Like you said - qualifications are popularity not capability.

Policy making is populist not always what is required.

Then even in a functioning example of it - those voted in serve the interests of those who bankroll them, not those who vote for them.

Unfortunately it's the system we have and we need to either replace it or amend it so it works.

This election has been a protest vote - but as with any election, the vote of an idiot carries the same weight as that of an intellectual and the mandate must be respected.

If that means random aunties in govt - so be it.

Aunty if she has any sense when required to vote for something will defer to experts to get an informed opinion before she makes a choice.

Unfortunately I doubt anyone does that.
You've changed. I remember you engaging in rhetoric on the old forum but i respect your opinion, because you bring logic and sanity in the entire debate. Baki log idher are absolute bonkers.

And Pmln/PPP dacoits, corrupt, mafias, Tax chors bring everything to the table. Waterboy be a man and admit what's happening is treason, stealing people mandate, breaking the constitution, illegal arrests, false cases, everything is unacceptable.
I accept all of this. But it happened in 2018 as well, when ya'll were celebrating. Things are being undone. Next election will be okay i promise.

If going purely by politics than N league shouldn't form a gov in center - let PTI take charge
They should just focus on forming Punjab government

Center is a mess and anyone forming a gov is in for a grind
Let the most popular party handle this mess alongside other partners on the fringes
If pmln tries to form a gov through rigging, Independent than that'll be very bad for their politics in the long run and the country too
Because A- they won't last more than 2-3 years max due to unpopularity, equation with new chief, no reform agenda for economy to survive the on slaught of economic issues coming our way
B- due to being already unpopular it'll be hard for N to implement the harsh reforms we need
Only a popular party can pull that off rn

Last edited:
You've changed. I remember you engaging in rhetoric on the old forum but i respect your opinion, because you bring logic and sanity in the entire debate. Baki log idher are absolute bonkers.
Bhonk Bhonk kar banda thak jata. :ROFLMAO:

These last 18 months or so have led me to see the problem isn't the PPP or PMLN, they are a symptom. The problem is the establishment. There are individuals and institutions in this country which are geared to serve the interests of themselves, their leaders, or the institutions themselves - ahead of the interests of the nation.

Corrupt politicians are just a tool they use to enable that. Being at each others throats along party lines is futile. I still support PTI as it's the least worse option, but I know that the Devil isn't Zardari and Sharif - they are his stooges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back